Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Murray State to be added to Missouri Valley Football Conference

Default Re: Murray State to be added to Missouri Valley Football Conference

Having to play great teams like this, is why tickets are getting easier to buy all the time. I love attending games where I leave at half time /purple

Pretty soon, I think it will be time for a Fire AD Matt L, save the program thread.
    "If FBS teams are looking for an FCS cupcake, might I suggest North Dakota instead of North Dakota State." - John Taylor NBC College football talk writer

Quote Originally Posted by Loud and Proud Bison fan View Post
    Oh joy..."MSU has eight Ohio Valley conference titles to its credit, the most recent coming in 2002."

What a great fit for the supposed best conference in FCS. A team that cannot wing a conference title in a crap division in 20 years. If NDSU voted to allow them in, then the whole school's direction needs to be seriously reviewed.

This add is as bad as thinking Auggie in the Summit is a good idea.
    At least Augie is a D2 Championship caliber program lol

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Loud and Proud Bison fan View Post
    Having to play great teams like this, is why tickets are getting easier to buy all the time. I love attending games where I leave at half time /purple

Pretty soon, I think it will be time for a Fire AD Matt L, save the program thread.
    Also can save some money for the Fargodome by not having to sell so much concessions, find enough volunteers, shorter lines for the metal detectors, and bathrooms, and just less wear on the building in general to make it last longer by adding Murray state.

Can't hurt recruiting either. Who wouldn't want to play blue trees, fighting hawks, and race horses. Basically every kids dream. Glad someone with authority finally noticed the we want Murray state signs.

I'm sure it will be the fans fault when the dome is half full.

Un_ won't be so lonely now in late November and December. The valley will have one more non playoff caliber team.

Lardsin must go!

I'll bet a dollar to a donut that NDSU voted to let Murray State in; it just falls lock step in place with the mind set. Whoever it was (ML or DB, don't think the new prez has taken over yet) has done a big disservice to the conference. If they planned to add a team, should have been Augustana, not something from Kentucky for Christ's sake.

Looking at the map of a 12 team MVFC here, it looks like a tight footprint 8 team conference with 4 northwestern outliers. Interesting ...

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Do they have plans to actually win?
    How embarrassing for NDSU to be associated with a conference that just thought Murray St. would be a solid edition to the league. They haven't made an FCS playoff in 20 years and they are in the OHIO FUCKING VALLEY conference. If you can't win there, then holy shit, get ready for some absolute shit shows in the MVFC.

They lost to Austin Peay every year for the last 5 years..there has to be a punchline in there somewhere?
    Playing a bit of devil's advocate here. Maybe the MVFC thinks that NDSU/SDSU or others will be making an FBS leap in the future and want to add some teams for the sake of stability?

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    Playing a bit of devil's advocate here. Maybe the MVFC thinks that NDSU/SDSU or others will be making an FBS leap in the future and want to add some teams for the sake of stability?
    < ding >

Your assumptions are solid.

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    They already had two extra teams and I highly doubt we are going anywhere, given the thought process of those above who decide these things. And I really doubt SDSU is inclined to move up

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    They already had two extra teams and I highly doubt we are going anywhere, given the thought process of those above who decide these things. And I really doubt SDSU is inclined to move up
    At 12 that is "two six team divisions" and you get five in-division games and play half the other division as your annual schedule.

Or, 12 is a 10-team conference after 2 leave, or an 8-team conference after 4 teams bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    At 12 that is "two six team divisions" and you get five in-division games and play half the other division as your annual schedule.

Or, 12 is a 10-team conference after 2 leave, or an 8-team conference after 4 teams bolt.
    I still feel the ideal number is 9. Play everyone in the conference and 3 non con games.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA