Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Murray State to be added to Missouri Valley Football Conference

Default Re: Murray State to be added to Missouri Valley Football Conference

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    That was Sac. They own that (and can keep Wanless).
    NDSU didn't get in, so it wasn't like Sac was raining on NDSU's acceptance parade.
    And Sac wasn't contradicting the majority decision.
    Not exactly the same situations.
    But it also had to unanimous to get into the BSC at that time, so one vote doomed us, or saved us being stuck there. In reality it was a blessing, but no one knew it at the time. IIRC it was rumored at the time there were two no votes on us joining.

The no votes that really hurt NDSU were back in 1980 when the BSC took Northern Arizona and Weber instead of NDSU and UND. A lot of people tend to forget that both schools made a push to go 1AA at that time and gave up after that.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Don't you get tired of that same snarky schtick? It doesn't really help your cause (with which I generally agree) and it's also pretty fucking weird. (Unless you are 12 years old, and in that case - you go be you.)
    Oh its not a schtick, I have learned my lesson! I have seen and learned from the error of my undesirable opinions and now have been re-educated into the right opinions. I am just trying to weed out all of that bad free speech and thoughts on Bville and replace it with the correct thoughts!

But in reality, I just want to the rules to be applied evenly across the platform, which according to you is, "pretty fucking weird".
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    But it also had to unanimous to get into the BSC at that time, so one vote doomed us, or saved us being stuck there. In reality it was a blessing, but no one knew it at the time. IIRC it was rumored at the time there were two no votes on us joining.

The no votes that really hurt NDSU were back in 1980 when the BSC took Northern Arizona and Weber instead of NDSU and UND. A lot of people tend to forget that both schools made a push to go 1AA at that time and gave up after that.
    Are you sure und was on board? Back in the 80's und sucked at FB and hockey ruled.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    It's not behind a paywall for me.

People, administrators, noticed, and they'll remember.
    Love how the author says in the article "There's a legitimate debate to be had about Murray State and the MVFC, but it was the wrong time to have it."

lol what? yeah, having the debate about murray state BEFORE joing the MVFC is the wrong time. Yes, according to this moron, we should wait until AFTER they join to debate the merits of Murray joining. High level thinker, this one

The pearl clutching from this guy that ONE TEAM voted against adding a team to the conference is baffling to me
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    Are you sure und was on board? Back in the 80's und sucked at FB and hockey ruled.
    Yes, I'm sure that und applied when we did. I was on the student body finance commission back in 1980 and Ade Sponberg came in and presented the athletic budget. The matter of moving up was talked about quite a bit because of the need for more money and he stated that we had to be with und when we moved up because of a travel partner for other sports. They might have sucked at FB but that's never stopped them when they wanted to move up.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Yes, I'm sure that und applied when we did. I was on the student body finance commission back in 1980 and Ade Sponberg came in and presented the athletic budget. The matter of moving up was talked about quite a bit because of the need for more money and he stated that we had to be with und when we moved up because of a travel partner for other sports. They might have sucked at FB but that's never stopped them when they wanted to move up.
    Hoop was better then than now, but that don't take much.

What about Terry Wanless, former und AD, when he voted against NDSU joining the Big Sky back when he was AD at Sac State? NDSU isn't the first school to vote no on expanding the conference.
    Hah! I have that full interview saved on my hard drive (too bad I don't have all those other Grand Forks Herald bits that were even worse):

It starts with this prophesy:

"Former UND Athletic Director Terry Wanless says if UND wants to, it could move up from NCAA Division II to Division I in college sports. Easier than the Bison, even."

Edit: But later he totally redeemed himself with this spot-on prediction:

"Even in football, the elite Division I-AA teams are much better than the elite Division II teams. Wanless said it would take time for UND to position itself to be able to compete for national Division I-AA football titles. Division I-AA football teams have 63 scholarships compared with Division II's 36."

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I love that NDSU was public with their vote. It shows that they want a conference that is competitive. NDSU ain't ever getting favors from the MVC so fuck 'em. But like I've said before, Murray State is in now so hopefully they are able to use it as a chip on their shoulder and be motivated to improve.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    So what are they going to do about it? Not let us into the MVC? Not everyone was on board with NDSU joining the MVFC either. Nobody at NDSU knew or cared 3 years after that. Larsen/Bresciani likely made a calculation that potentially ruffling some feathers was worth the PR chips he gained from his constituents by being open and honest about this not being a good move for NDSU or the conference.
    Right!? Oh no! They will continue to not invite us to the MVC.

I'm pretty sure the NDSU administration knows we will never be in the MVC so why not speak your mind. We will one day make a lateral move to a different FCS level conference (not likely since we are already in the best geographical fit for football for us) or move to FBS.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Bison View Post
    Right!? Oh no! They will continue to not invite us to the MVC.

I'm pretty sure the NDSU administration knows we will never be in the MVC so why not speak your mind. We will one day make a lateral move to a different FCS level conference (not likely since we are already in the best geographical fit for football for us) or move to FBS.
    Yep, and to reinforce the point. If NDSU were to get into the MW and Boise voted against us, nobody at NDSU would take it personally or think it weird. We'd understand that we are damn fortunate for a conference of that caliber to accept us and leave it at that. Boise State is the top dog and they can do as they please.

...and trust me, we belong in the MW waaaaaaay more than Murray State belongs in the Valley. But it is what it is, congrats to Murray for their upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*