Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Murray State to be added to Missouri Valley Football Conference

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Murray State to be added to Missouri Valley Football Conference

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    I just want Matt Larsen to come clean and tell us what's he's actually TRIED to accomplish with going FBS. That's the least he can do for us. Tell us who's he contacted and tell us why he "supposedly" avoided contacting CUSA. A little honesty would go a long ways. Has Larsen done anything or nothing?
    I understand that waiting for this is incredibly frustrating. I'm frustrated as well. That said, I sure hope to hell that ML keeps his trap shut until a deal is final. Say Conferences A, B, and C are all considering adding NDSU, it certainly would not be good for them to know the goods about the interactions that NDSU is having with their counterparts.
    Insert something clever here...

It would be nice if our AD would decide to let us know what he's doing about moving up to FBS. It's really odd what they keep secret and what they announce to the public
    You dont listen very well.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    What?????????

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    What?????????
    I said give me a hell yeah
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Scottie 3:16 says I just sold you meth
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

You smell that rock cooking?

Lardsin must go!

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    What would you like him to do publicly that you think would help get NDSU into an FBS conference? Every time Chapo talks about this, it sounds like he wants our AD to go around from conference to conference in a clown car to put on a "You want the Bison" traveling show.

Just about every time a conference adds a new member, we hear about the day that the new member is announced - unless there are site visits first (and that usually means it's a done deal.) And I don't think that FBS conferences even do site visits because they know what's out there.

I've got no problem with a feasibility study though. As far as I'm concerned there are only two options: MAC and MWC, and those are all-sports conferences.
    Big 12 and AAC have made a few site visits that didn't result in invites. In a couple cases like with USF, the Big 12 sent the school a "punch list" of items they should work on to be a viable candidate later. A site visit does indicate strong interest.

Feasibility studies rarely reveal anything new that the school doesn't know. Consultants will write a report justifying what the people paying for the report want the outcome to be. They are mostly useful for getting institutional / board support for moving a certain direction. Not sure we need that, if the right opportunity comes, NDSU will take it.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I'm all ears. Tell me what you know PL.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Big 12 and AAC have made a few site visits that didn't result in invites. In a couple cases like with USF, the Big 12 sent the school a "punch list" of items they should work on to be a viable candidate later. A site visit does indicate strong interest.

Feasibility studies rarely reveal anything new that the school doesn't know. Consultants will write a report justifying what the people paying for the report want the outcome to be. They are mostly useful for getting institutional / board support for moving a certain direction. Not sure we need that, if the right opportunity comes, NDSU will take it.
    I agree that a public PR campaign to the conferences is useless and serves no purpose. Those dealings are best dealt with quietly. However, the PR campaign is to bolster the community support that is both necessary to maintain our current support while in FCS and hopefully increase it to make a move to FBS possible. Maybe a formal feasibility study isn't necessary but it would signal that there is a greater desire to move to the FBS. If not a formal feasibility study, than a public acknowledgement to the fanbase that the continued investment in football above our peers is with the definite intent of securing an FBS invite.

I'm all ears. Tell me what you know PL.
    Boomer likes to be lied to ... its ok. Stony Brook is great at that, same message for 4 years now. He is just happy to be here & ride coattails, status quo, take YOUR tax money and he'll go back to the East Coast when things get tough
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?