Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Murray State to be added to Missouri Valley Football Conference

Default Re: Murray State to be added to Missouri Valley Football Conference

There's a huge difference between adding USD/UND and Murray State though, the level of commitment to FB just isn't there at Murray. They could and probably should have dropped schollies and went PL instead. They can't compete in the OVC no way they will in the MVFC. Adding USD/UND stabilized the Summit which in turn stabilized the MVFC, without the Summit there would have been 5 MVFC teams looking for a new home, not the case with adding Murray. They could have easily found a conference for their FB elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    There's a huge difference between adding USD/UND and Murray State though, the level of commitment to FB just isn't there at Murray. They could and probably should have dropped schollies and went PL instead. They can't compete in the OVC no way they will in the MVFC. Adding USD/UND stabilized the Summit which in turn stabilized the MVFC, without the Summit there would have been 5 MVFC teams looking for a new home, not the case with adding Murray. They could have easily found a conference for their FB elsewhere.
    I suppose there was no way Murray could have stayed in the Ohio Valley as a football only member? At least then they could have maintained some of their historical rivalries.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Wow, open your mind just a little. How did adding usd/Und to the MVFC benefit the MVC? It didn’t, at all. MVC preservation? No, not one iota.

The summit got its way with usd/Und over the MVC, and now the MVC is getting their way over the Summit. No, Murray doesn’t benefit the Summit teams at all. And neither did additional Dakota adds benefit the MVC, at all (all relative to football)
    It was just explained in a prior post how it was self preservation on the MVC football schools part. USD goes to the Big Sky and the Summit starts crumbling. Next move would have been NDSU/SDSU to the Big Sky, that was their plan (the Big Sky's) all along. Then the Summit does fold. WIU is left homeless and moves to the OVC. Where does that all leave the MVFC? In pretty rough shape for the the football playing MVC schools. Admittedly, the MVC privates wouldn't care two craps about it and would probably view it as a good thing if the public schools de-emphasized their football programs, or scrapped them altogether. It was in those schools best interests of the MVC publics to admit USD, and once they took that step admitting UND wasn't that big of a stretch.

If we play in the big sky do we ever lose a game other than SDSU every few years?
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    If we play in the big sky do we ever lose a game other than SDSU every few years?
    Was our last non-SDSU conference loss really USD in 2015? My God...it's worse than I'd feared
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Was our last non-SDSU conference loss really USD in 2015? My God...it's worse than I'd feared
    lol we never lost to USD bro no recollection of it definitely never happened
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Wow !! You must have had a high high that day.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Well Southern Illinois in the spring season no one really counts except SHSU.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Yote 53 View Post
    No, it's not. But the MVC schools letting USD and UND in was a bit of self-preservation on their part. What exactly are the Summit schools getting out of admitting Murray State to the MVFC? Nothing. It's also pretty telling that none of us are good enough to be considered for the precious MVC but they have no problem sniffing around and flirting with the likes of UMKC and UNO from the Summit and you know dang well they will be all over St. Thomas before too long. It's kind of becoming a toxic relationship with the MVC. The Dakota schools aren't good enough for the MVC yet then resent us for taking over the top half of the football conference.
    UND and USD were solid adds, IMO. Many rivalry games between NDSU and SDSU. Good attendance. Decent facilities and certainly a commitment to upgrading facilities. The Dakota Dome upgrades and the new BB area are really nice plus UND is working on some good upgrades. Both teams have made the playoffs in football.

Murray brings nothing other than easy travel. They don't have historic rivalries, great facilities or a good history in football. They don't bring a big market either.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I just can't wait to go to this Murray place!

533 In a row