Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bison vs Western Illinois Fighting Leathernecks

Default Re: Bison vs Western Illinois Fighting Leathernecks

The boys are on a tear.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

WIU is terrible.
    Fairfield, UNC were too. Play Minnesota 1 more time & St Thomas than garbage Omaha

NDSU should be 26-8 or so going into Oral Roberts series
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Late to the party today. Game 2 of the series already going into the top of the 7th with the Bison trailing WIU 4-2. Leatherneck lefty starter Warkentien has been replaced by another lefty, Kyle Rosenfeld. Good outing for Warkentien, only allowing 2 runs on 4 hits while striking out 10 Bison hitters. Bison score one on a walk, a sacrifice, a hit batsman, and an RBI single by Brookfield to pull within one run. Bison starter Cade Feeney is pulled after 6, having surrendered 4 runs on 7 hits and walking only 3. Skyler Riedinger comes on to pitch for the Herd and retired the first 2 Leatherneck batters before giving up a triple then ending the inning with a strikeout. WIU leads 4-3 after 7.
    Damn, I'm Good!

Quiet top of the 8th for the Bison. WIU threatens in the bottom half with a walk, sac bunt, and a hit batsman. Jake Drew on to pitch for the Bison, replacing Riedinger with runners on first and second and 2 outs. Drew ends the inning with 8 straight strikes to the WIU batter Nick Mitchell before he registered the strikeout. Bison have 3 outs left to keep their seven-game win streak going. 4-3 Leathernecks after 8 complete.
    Damn, I'm Good!

Bison open the 9th with a walk to Garrett Hill, who was replaced by pinch runner Cadyn Schwabe. A sac bunt by Calen Schwabe moves the runner to second. Anderson drove in the tying run with a single to center. A walk to Sackett prompts a pitching change for the Leatherncks, with Jack Bell coming in to replace Rosenfeld. After a strikeout by Peter Brookshaw, Logan Williams ripped a 2 run double down the left field line. The side is retired on a groundout, but the Bison score 3 in the ninth to take a 6-4 lead into the bottom of the inning.
    Damn, I'm Good!

Jake Drew has a chance to pick up his first win of the year to go along with his 4 saves. Strikeout, groundout, strikeout, and the winning streak is at 8.

NDSU: 6 runs on 7 hits, with 1 error and 8 LOB
    WIU: 4 runs on 8 hits, with no errors and 9 LOB

WP: Jake Drew (1-0)
    LP: Kyle Rosenfeld (0-3)

Final game of the series at 1:00 PM CDT on Sunday. Available on ESPN+
    Damn, I'm Good!

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis was a Bison View Post
    Jake Drew has a chance to pick up his first win of the year to go along with his 4 saves. Strikeout, groundout, strikeout, and the winning streak is at 8.

NDSU: 6 runs on 7 hits, with 1 error and 8 LOB
    WIU: 4 runs on 8 hits, with no errors and 9 LOB

WP: Jake Drew (1-0)
    LP: Kyle Rosenfeld (0-3)

Final game of the series at 1:00 PM CDT on Sunday. Available on ESPN+
    espn+ ? awesome
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Today's game was on the Plus as well. I was able to watch the last 4 innings. The 2 young men doing the broadcast did a nice job. No grandstanding. No hyperbole. A few baseball cliche's, but overall, very tolerable.
    Damn, I'm Good!

Game 3 of the series is scoreless going into the top of the third. Each team has 1 hit in the first 2 innings and both escaped minor threats with good pitching. The Bison strand a runner in scoring position in the top of the inning and the Leathernecks do likewise and the game remains scoreless after 3.
    Damn, I'm Good!

The Bison strand another runner at second in the top of the 4th. WIU gets 3 singles and a double to score 3 in the bottom half and lead the Bison 3-0.
    Damn, I'm Good!