Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison vs Western Illinois Fighting Leathernecks

Default Bison vs Western Illinois Fighting Leathernecks

The Bison (15-8) (3-0 SL) open a 3 game Summit League series with Western Illinois (2-19) (0-3 SL) at Alfred D. Boyer Stadium in Macomb, IL today, April 1, 2022, at 3 PM CDT. The forecast for gametime is sunny skies and a temperature of 46 degrees.

The following preview is from the Fighting Leatherneck website: " North Dakota State comes into Macomb 15-8 overall and 3-0 in Summit League play after winning all three matchups over Northern Colorado in their Summit League opener. The sweep helped the Bison extend their winning streak to six. Logan Williams has been on a home run tear as of late for NDSU, hitting seven in his past six games. His ten home runs rank first in the Summit League. North Dakota State's pitching staff has been the main story for their season, ranking second in the conference in team ERA at 4.04. All three expected starters for NDSU this weekend rank in the top 10 in ERA in the Summit League. Western Illinois will look to win its home opener on Friday for the first time since the 2018 season when they beat North Dakota State 2-0."

Probable pitchers for the weekend are Max Loven (3-1, 4.09 ERA) vs Chandler Fochs (0-3, 10.71 ERA) on Friday, Cade Feeney (3-1, 4.25 ERA) vs Jace Warkentien (1-3, 11.03 ERA) on Saturday, and Evan Sankey (3-2, 4.91 ERA) vs Brian Raymond (0-2, 6.59 ERA) in the finale on Sunday.

Friday's game will be streamed on Western Illinois All-Access network, while Saturday and Sunday games will be shown on ESPN+.
    Damn, I'm Good!

Default Re: Bison vs Western Illinois Fighting Leathernecks

Quiet 1st for the Bison as they go 1-2-3 on 2 groundouts and a pop-up. Loven gets 2 quick groundouts and then gets bit for a solo homerun by WIU 3rd baseman Kory Olson. Bison trail 1-0 after 1 inning.
    Damn, I'm Good!

Each team gets 1 in the 3rd. WIU leads 2-1 after 3 innings.
    Damn, I'm Good!

Sac fly by Will Busch ties the game at 2 each and an RBI single by Brock Anderson gives the Bison a 3-2 lead going into the bottom of the inning. Leathernecks fail to score and it is 3 - 2 Bison after 4.
    Damn, I'm Good!

The Bison explode for 5 in the 5th and 3 in the sixth, while WIU gets 1 in the 5th and nothing in the 6th and it's 11 - 3 Bison heading into the 7th.
    Damn, I'm Good!

Leathernecks get 2 off of reliever Wyatt Nelson, who started the 7th replacing Max Loven and the Bison lead 12 - 5 at the start of the eighth inning.
    Damn, I'm Good!

WIU gets one in the 8th on a single, a pair of wild pitches by Nelson and a sac fly. We're heading to the ninth with NDSU leading 12 - 6.
    Damn, I'm Good!

Bison get 3 in the top of the 9th on an RBI single by Druw Sackett, his 4th hit of the game, and a double by Will Busch that drove in two. Leathernecks fail to score in the bottom of the 9th.

Bison (16-8, 4-0 SL): 15 runs on 19 hits with no errors and 10 LOB
    WIU (2-20, 0-4 SL): 6 runs on 13 hits with 3 errors and 7 LOB

WP: Max Loven (4-1)
    LP: Chandler Fochs (0-4)

Saturday's game is a 2 PM CDT start and will be available on ESPN+.
    Damn, I'm Good!

Thank you for the baseball updates, Elvis...... much appreciated.

You are very welcome. I've been a fan of "America's Pastime" my whole life. In the words of Garret Morris' most famous character on SNL (when it was still funny) Chico Escuela, "Baseball...has been berra, berra good....to me!"
    Damn, I'm Good!