Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyree Eady in Portal

Default Tyree Eady in Portal

Well... there's another one!!

PortalUpdates
    @portal_updates
    NDSU’s Tyree Eady is in the transfer portal.

The 6’5” guard made all summit league defensive team this past season, and averaged 10.3 ppg, 5 rebounds, and 2.4 assists. Also Shot 46.5% from the field and 37% from 3.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Default Re: Tyree Eady in Portal

Remember the narrative that he was done with basketball? lol.

I don't like the 1660/Izzo/Bison Report narrative that the Griesel (and presumably now Eady) moves aren't a big deal since they knew they weren't returning. I posted in the Griesel thread that the counter-phrasing to that would be "they want to play basketball again, just not at NDSU".

Losing 4 key contributors with eligibility remaining to the portal hurts and is a really bad look, no matter the reasons behind it. Throw in the other guys leaving, and it looks like a real problem. Is it a real problem? IDK, but it looks bad from the outside.

I also thought Dom's take of comparing 3 guys leaving USD to the NDSU exodus was lazy/bad. One program just had a coaching change and the other program has a a coach that just got an extension.

it's bad. 1660 ain't gonna say anything cmon
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Done with our "culture"...If everyone comes back we are competing for a Summit title next year. But our media is much like our athletic administration and fanbase when it comes to basketball...just be good enough for a distraction until spring football.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Lol......this transfer portal is such a great thing for kids that don't know much about life yet. Not only are most of them lacking commitment, but many of them are making a bad decison. In addition, just can't be good for coaches, fans and teams in general. NCAA is run by a bunch of idiots!

I didn't think Eady had intentions of coming back anyway??
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Lol......this transfer portal is such a great thing for kids that don't know much about life yet. Not only are most of them lacking commitment, but many of them are making a bad decison. In addition, just can't be good for coaches, fans and teams in general. NCAA is run by a bunch of idiots!
    Well better that they learn it now than at age 30 when they get sucked into a job that they end up hating.

Things got messed up when folks went from student-athletes to athlete-students. That started the unstoppable March towards these kids just being full time professionals. Amazing it didn’t progress faster than it has. Those in power really had us all fooled with the non-profit/higher education smokescreen.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Well better that they learn it now than at age 30 when they get sucked into a job that they end up hating.

Things got messed up when folks went from student-athletes to athlete-students. That started the unstoppable March towards these kids just being full time professionals. Amazing it didn’t progress faster than it has. Those in power really had us all fooled with the non-profit/higher education smokescreen.
    Don't agree. These kids are not professionals. I say why should colleges have pro team then? GTFO and let the amateurs play. No reason the university or alumni should have to support pro teams. Without the commitment it's time to start questioning why I should give to them.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Just not at NDSU----like Sam, Jarius, and Maleek.