Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Recruiting Updates

Default Re: 2023 Recruiting Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    Wish grant would stay and add Walter’s would stay one more year. Would be a fun team to watch. I wanted Walter’s at ndsu initially as I always thought he could play at ndsu. It would be kind of Fitting to see Skunberg, Walters, and Nelson together as they battled it out in HS.
    It is hard to believe but Devils Lake and Jamestown rarely play each other at high school level. 2018 and 2019 - Devils Lake never played a team from the WDA which was a disappointment unfortunate for us in the West.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Watched Dissette and Minot take on Century in the WDA championship last night. Dissette put Minot on his back in the 2nd half and brought Minot back from down 15 within 4:30 left to within 1 with 30 seconds left. A desperation 3 with seconds remaining fell short. He finished with 30. Century has 2 UND commits in Ryan Erickson and Anthony Doppler. Dissette was playing a different game than everyone else on the floor last night, especially in the 2nd half. Just on another athletic level. He just rises up and shoots over the top of people. Just about everything he knocked down was with 6'7" William Ware with a hand in his face.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Basketball Transfer Portal opens up tomorrow and runs 60 days, so May 12th I believe is when coaches can exhale 

It also means coaches who are in the NCAA’s have to negotiate with the flood of potential recruits hitting the Portal. Some players are already announcing. Busy times for those coaches!

Northern State’s season ended a few days ago in the D2 playoffs.
    Jamestown University’s next playoff game is Tuesday.

Darik Dissette was named Class A Senior Athlete of the Year.

According to the Bismarck Tribune, late in the season Dissette stats were:

Dissette leads the state in scoring at 27.7 points per game, but he does far more than that. He ranks fifth in the West Region in rebounding (7.7), seventh in assists (3.4) and sixth in steals (2.1).

Mason Walters news

Dom Izzo
    @DomIzzoWDAY ·9h

Jamestown falls to Indiana Tech 61-51 in the NAIA Sweet 16. Mason Walters ends his tremendous career with 26 points and 8 rebounds for the Jimmies. Now we wait to see what happens next for the Jamestown native, who has another year of eligibility

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Mason Walters news
    Would we have a scholarship for him or does someone need to leave to create a spot?
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Would we have a scholarship for him or does someone need to leave to create a spot?
    Make a spot and scholarship for him.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Darik Dissette was named Class A Senior Athlete of the Year.

According to the Bismarck Tribune, late in the season Dissette stats were:
    Also named Mr Basketball

https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison...ketball-winner

Do I put in other thread? or is this our portal recruiting page too? Dave is moving up from D3 transfers to D2 transfers this year

Palm Beach Atlantic (D2) transfer Jalen Cooper tells TPR that he has received interest from:

Winthrop
    UNC Asheville
    Cal State Fullerton
    Montana
    Niagara
    Fairfield
    NDSU
    Portland State
    SELA
    Minnesota State
    North Florida
    Cal State Northridge
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Do I put in other thread? or is this our portal recruiting page too? Dave is moving up from D3 transfers to D2 transfers this year

Palm Beach Atlantic (D2) transfer Jalen Cooper tells TPR that he has received interest from:

Winthrop
    UNC Asheville
    Cal State Fullerton
    Montana
    Niagara
    Fairfield
    NDSU
    Portland State
    SELA
    Minnesota State
    North Florida
    Cal State Northridge
    According to your post, that is at least 10 other DI schools that have contacted him as well that we know of. But I'm sure they are all like Dave and aren't as knowledgeable or smart about recruiting as you are.

Also, he averaged 17 points and 9 rebounds a game but it was against DII so no way any of it was legit or could transfer to the DI level (like it did for AJ Plitzewuit, Ryan Hawkins, Freddie Gillespie, etc.)