Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bison vs Northern Colorado Bears

Default Re: Bison vs Northern Colorado Bears

Tuttle walks the first batter in the top of the 5th and is replaced by Riley Bost (0-3, 8.10 ERA). A hit batsman and another walk load the bases with 1 out and Logan Williams unloads a blast to center for his second grand slam of the day! Jacob Salim (0-0, 0.00 ERA) on to replace Bost with a runner on first and 1 out. Another hit batsman loads the bases with 2 out and a pair of walks forces in two runs, before the inning ends of a fly ball. The Bison score 6 in the 5th. Sankey gives up a lead-off single then retires the next 3 batters. NDSU 14, UNC 1 heading to the 6th.
    Damn, I'm Good!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    UNC always been this bad? or just a bad year?
    Maybe the Bison are just that good.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Sam Colehower (0-0, 9.28 ERA) in at pitcher replacing Salim for the Bears. Peter Brookshaw welcomes him with a double down the left field line and Brookshaw scored on a double by Will Busch for the only run in the 6th for the Bison. Skyler Riedinger (1-1, 4.00 ERA) replaces Sankey on the mound. Sankey has a great outing, giving up 1 run on 4 hits while walking none and striking out 6. He threw 59 pitches (39 strikes) in 5. Bears strand 2 and the Bison lead 15 to 1.
    Damn, I'm Good!

The Bison bat the minimum in the top of the inning and the Bears will face Joey Danielson (0-1, 3.38 ERA), now on to replace Riedinger on the hill, in their half of the seventh. Danielson gives up a 2 out single but strikes out 3 and the mercy rule ends the game and gives the Bison a series sweep.

Bison (15-8) (3-0 SL) 15 runs on 15 hits with 1 error and 11 LOB.
    Bears (6-19) (3-3 SJ) 3 runs on 6 hits with no errors and 5 LOB.

WP: Evan Sankey (3-2)
    LP: Dylan Day (1-4)

Next up 3 games at Western Illinois on Friday - Sunday April 2-4, 2022.
    Damn, I'm Good!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    Maybe the Bison are just that good.
    4-20 vs D1 and 3 wins vs WIU i got my answer.

I want NDSU beating ORU & SDSU this year!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

From gobison.com:

"THIS WEEK
    The North Dakota State (25-16, 12-4 Summit) baseball team returns to Summit League play this week hosting Northern Colorado (12-32, 8-13 Summit) for a three-game series beginning on Friday night at Newman Outdoor Field at 6:30 p.m.

GAME COVERAGE
    Radio: All three games will be available on Bison 1660 with Jeff Culhane (play-by-play) on the call.

Watch: The game on Friday will be available on WDAY Xtra with Dom Izzo (play-by-play) and David Ernst (analyst) on the call. All three games will also be available on NDSU All-Access.

GoBison.com: Live statistics, audio and video links are available on GoBison.com.

LAST TIME OUT
    NDSU dropped a 6-4 decision in the series finale at No. 5 Miami on Sunday. The Bison tallied 10 hits as a team with eight different players notching at least one. Druw Sackett paced NDSU going 2-of-5 at the plate, including one double and one home run to go along with two RBI and one run.

Evan Sankey made his 11th start of the season and fired a game-high five strikeouts with no walks over 5.0 innings. Tristen Roehrich picked up the loss and tossed two strikeouts over 2.0 innings. Jake Drew finished the final frame on the hill and recorded one strikeout.

LAST TIME AGAINST THE BEARS
    NDSU went on the road and swept the Northern Colorado to open Summit League play back on March 25-27. The Bison outscored the Bears, 44-9, over the three game series. Jack Simonsen paced NDSU with six hits, six runs and seven RBI. Logan Williams also connected on six hits, including four home runs and a team-high 11 RBI.

HITTING THE LONG BALL
    The Bison have connected on 42 home runs, which ranks second in the Summit League and tied for seventh on the NDSU single-season list. Logan Williams is tied for first in the conference with 10 home runs, while Peter Brookshaw and Druw Sackett have each launched six this season.

LIGHTS OUT
    The Bison pitching staff has earned 14 saves this season, which ranks third on the NDSU all-time single-season list and leads the Summit League. Four different pitchers have contributed at least one save this season. Last season, NDSU set a program record with 27 total saves.

LOOKIN' TO RUN
    NDSU has stolen 66 bases on 88 attempts this season, which ranks fifth on the Bison all-time single-season list. Cadyn Schwabe is slotted fourth in the Summit League and has totaled a team-high 14 stolen bases on 18 atttempts.

BY THE NUMBERS
    NDSU is slotted second in the Summit League and 21st in the nation in shutouts with four. The Bison pitching staff boasts a 4.70 ERA this season, which ranks third in the Summit League. The Bison also pace the conference and are positioned 26th in the country in sacrifice bunts with 29.

150 AND COUNTING
    In the 2-0 win at Omaha on April 16, Peter Brookshaw started his 150th career game. He's started all 159 games that he's appeared in over four seasons.

LOVEN CLIMBS THE RANKS
    Max Loven has made 12 appearances on the bump this season and boasts a 6-4 overall record. He has fired 49 total strikeouts to increase his career total to 193, which positions him in fifth place on the all-time NDSU strikeout list. Loven has also totaled 236.1 innings pitched and is slotted in fifth place on the NDSU all-time innings pitched list. He's one of only nine players in program history to pitch in 200 innings or more.

DREW CLOSES THINGS OUT
    Jake Drew is 2-0 on the mound this season and has totaled a career-high six saves this season. He has contributed 10 saves over five seasons, which ranks seventh on the NDSU all-time saves list.

Additionally, Drew hasn't allowed a hit in each of his last five appearances (6.2 innings) dating back to April 2 at Western Illinois.

SCOUTING NORTHERN COLORADO
    Northern Colorado begins the week with a 12-32 (8-13 Summit) overall record and has won its last two games. In their most recent contest, UNC edged Western Illinois on the road, 7-4. Jayden Metz led the Bears with nine strikeouts over 8.1 innings, while Nick Mitchell went 2-of-4 at the plate with one RBI.

Josh Glenn leads the Summit League in triples (3) and triples per game (.07). Ian Torpey is slotted second in the Summit League in strikeouts per nine innings with 10.60.

THE SERIES VS. NORTHERN COLORADO
    NDSU swept Northern Colorado to open Summit League play earlier this season. In the series finale, the Bison topped the Bears, 15-1, in seven innings. Logan Williams led the way going 3-of-5 at the plate, including two grand slams with three runs and career-high eight RBI. NDSU leads the all-time series that dates back to 1962, 24-22"
    Damn, I'm Good!

From uncbears.com:

"GREELEY, Colo. – Northern Colorado eyes to keep its Summit League success rolling as the Bears head to Fargo, North Dakota to face the Bison.

Who: at North Dakota State (25-16, 12-4)
    When: May 13-15
    Where: Fargo, N.D. | Newman Outdoor Field
    How To Follow: WATCH LIVE | LIVE STATS | UNC_BearsBSB

Leading Off
    No bat in the Summit League conference has been hotter than Shaydon Kubo. The sophomore second baseman has totaled a conference-best 33 hits and his .384 batting average is over 40 points higher than his closest competitor.

Jayden Metz's performance in game two of Sunday's doubleheader was more than impressive. The senior transfer from Sienna carved out career-highs in innings pitched (8.1) and strikeouts (9).

Only Oral Roberts (16) has recorded more triples in the Summit league than Northern Colorado (12). UNC's mark also ranks the Bears as No. 79 in the country.

UNC has found a way to close out games when leading in 2022. The Blue and Gold are 9-1 when leading after six innings, 9-2 after seven and a perfect 10-0 when ahead after the eighth frame.

Last Time Out
    Shaydon Kubo, Craig Kenny and Jayden Metz all dialed up impressive performances throughout Sunday's doubleheader to capture the series at Western Illinois.

Scouting the Bison
    First-year head coach Tyler Oakes had his team rolling at the end of April with back-to-back wins over Oral Roberts and bested SDSU before the final two games of the series were canceled due to weather. The Bison are yet to lose a Summit League series thus far in 2022.

North Dakota State enters the weekend second in batting average, (.275), second in runs scored (238), second in slugging (.424) and second in home runs (42).

Oakes' pitching staff is nothing to ignore either. Nationally, the staff ranks 76th in ERA (4.70), 96th in WHIP (1.48) and 23rd in Walks allowed per nine innings (3.33).

Closer Jake Drew's six saves are the second-most in the conference and No. 72 in the country.

History against North Dakota State
    Following NDSU's most recent trip to Greeley, the Bison have taken the all-time series lead 21-20. This weekend's excursion to Fargo is only the third in program history for Northern Colorado. The Bears took one game of North Dakota State in 1996 and swept a doubleheader in 1999."
    Damn, I'm Good!

Bison 7 Bears 4

533 In a row

Bison use UNC wildness and timely hits to win game 1 of homestand against Northern Colorado 7-4.

Bison: 7 runs on 6 hits with no errors and 10 LOB
    Bears: 4 runs on 11 hits with 2 errors and 11 LOB

WP: Tristen Roehrich (5-2)
    LP: Owen Lockner (0-2)
    Save: Jake Drew (7)

Tomorrow's game 2 of the series set for 2:00 PM at Newman Outdoor Field.
    Damn, I'm Good!

Been out all day and haven't been able to follow game 2 so I thought I might find a final score here. Nothing. So, I tried the Baseball twitter account and I find that we are in extra innings in a 12 -12 tie. No radio, no TV, and no streaming stats on gobison.com. I guess I'll have to wait for a tweet to see how it ends.
    Damn, I'm Good!