Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Spring Ball

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2022 Spring Ball

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    I am all for moving QP to TE. Letting Cole Payton take his role as the running game QB.
    Why move QP anywhere, keep him at QB-R, keep Cam at QB-1. Use him like you used him in 2021.

Now if CP is a better at QB-1 or QB-R than either Cam or QP, then put him there. But I would not start 2022 by moving QP anywhere, unless you are trying to drive QB's out of the program, and why the H would you try to do that?

With Cam your going to have another Easton Stick before it's all over. With CP, we son't know what we've got, but it's probably pretty damn special too. Need to keep them both if possible, and injury will afford opportunity. And QP? I'm selfish, I want him too, and at QB-R. With Q at QB-R, I say good luck to the rest of the league, you're playing for 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Why move QP anywhere, keep him at QB-R, keep Cam at QB-1. Use him like you used him in 2021.

Now if CP is a better at QB-1 or QB-R than either Cam or QP, then put him there. But I would not start 2022 by moving QP anywhere, unless you are trying to drive QB's out of the program, and why the H would you try to do that?

With Cam your going to have another Easton Stick before it's all over. With CP, we son't know what we've got, but it's probably pretty damn special too. Need to keep them both if possible, and injury will afford opportunity. And QP? I'm selfish, I want him too, and at QB-R. With Q at QB-R, I say good luck to the rest of the league, you're playing for 2nd.
    Which QB would you rather risk losing? Whoever ends up as the odd man out getting no meaningful snaps between Quincy and Cole isn't going to be thrilled with his role. I guess you could hope since Cole is just a redshirt freshman that he'd be more willing to stick with the program as QB3 but I also feel like of the two Cole's ceiling is much higher.

Moving QP gives him a shot at getting him on film playing another position. This dude is never gonna take a snap at QB in the league unless two QBs get hurt in the same game. We can't stress enough.... he's fucking horrible at quarterback. He's not gonna suddenly learn to be good there. He's a very good athlete. His only shot at the league is finding a new role
    College of Business Alumnus

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Which QB would you rather risk losing? Whoever ends up as the odd man out getting no meaningful snaps between Quincy and Cole isn't going to be thrilled with his role. I guess you could hope since Cole is just a redshirt freshman that he'd be more willing to stick with the program as QB3 but I also feel like of the two Cole's ceiling is much higher.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Moving QP gives him a shot at getting him on film playing another position. This dude is never gonna take a snap at QB in the league unless two QBs get hurt in the same game. We can't stress enough.... he's fucking horrible at quarterback. He's not gonna suddenly learn to be good there. He's a very good athlete. His only shot at the league is finding a new role
    Exactly, we know what we have in QP at QB. He can still be apart of the running game taking direct snaps no matter what position he plays. My mind just thinks TE would be a good position change. I don't see him as an RB with who we have there.

Being selfish, and not wanting to lose Cole Payton, who we don't know what we have in him yet. By him taking the QB running game snaps, it gets him on the field earlier. It gives him a chance to develop game reps and see the field in some role.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Bussey & Gindorff & Price & Wisniski out until summer

TK Marshall up to 210lbs, Gonella is at baseball will be here for spring then baseball until July

Hunter Luepke adds 4.5 inches to vertical

4 QB's that could play anywhere

Defense Eli Mostert DT now , Weertz, Kasczor is healthy playing at non contact this spring.

LBs will have lots of guys cross training between Safety & LB & see who can handle it

125 kids on roster, can only have 110

WILL take 2-3 transfers this fall that need to play right away, which is different.

Entz says "Cam this job is yours to keep" QB1
    Actually Eli played all last year at DT. His brother Will got moved inside to join him.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Loosing the gilded calves because of QP being labeled as QB2 would be a disaster. Coaching staff better be making medieval level sacrifices to ensure sure a plague does not befall upon our house.

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    Exactly, we know what we have in QP at QB. He can still be apart of the running game taking direct snaps no matter what position he plays. My mind just thinks TE would be a good position change. I don't see him as an RB with who we have there.

Being selfish, and not wanting to lose Cole Payton, who we don't know what we have in him yet. By him taking the QB running game snaps, it gets him on the field earlier. It gives him a chance to develop game reps and see the field in some role.
    Were you even at the James Madison Semifinal???

Any idea if there will be a spring game this year?
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    You are correct. Only thing is the whole arguement started because Chapo posted half of what Entz said. Look back to the first post.
    Why would you or anyone else be surprised by that? I know I wouldn't comment based on something I've only heard from Chapo without verifying it.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Were you even at the James Madison Semifinal???
    0-1 in receiving opportunities. Just saying going off his frame.