Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Spring Ball

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2022 Spring Ball

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    It's also not fair comparing Walker when he was playoff ineligible. 2004-2005, we weren't very good but if the 2006-2007 team was eligible, were they good enough to make a playoff run? I dunno, they were good enough to beat the Gophers, hold a good 2006 Gopher team to 10 points, bitch slap Central Michigan who won the MAC and win a shootout with Ball State of the MAC with a roster of many D2 recruits. If they weren't a Natty team, they could have at the very least been a semi or quarter final team. They beat every ranked team they faced plus 3 FBS wins.

Walker had some big comeback wins back in the day, Cal Poly, Sam Houston and the Ball St. game, our first FBS win, where he went 29-46 3 td’s and 451 yards! It’s a shame he didn’t get a shot at the playoffs.

My position early on in the DI ere was that we needed to get/have an athletic QB who could run, pass and be mobile. Walker wasn’t that, but he was damn good and produced some solid wins and fun. Just awesome.

Once we got to what I’m describing tho … well … do the math.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    My position early on in the DI ere was that we needed to get/have an athletic QB who could run, pass and be mobile. Walker wasn’t that, but he was damn good and produced some solid wins and fun. Just awesome.

Quarterbacks dont need to be stellar athletes but its a lot easier to find a kid who can move a bit and lacks some of the arm. Peyton Manning doesn't grow on trees.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    You feeling okay? This is your first serious post without using "bro" in two years lol.

Unless this was just sarcasm that I missed
    I’m fine bro thx for asking

I just take disrespect of walker seriously. He was an all time great. Also the first black qb of the d1 era.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I’m fine bro thx for asking

I just take disrespect of walker seriously. He was an all time great. Also the first black qb of the d1 era.
    #troof

He stared in the 1990's classic along side Woody Harrelson, "White Men Can't Pump".

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Spot on..........
    your analysis of the greatness of walker... is also spot on.

He was great. NDSU was #1, with Walker at the helm, with far less talent than we have today.

Lesser programs would already have built a statue of him outside their stadium had he turned around the program, ushered in a new era of the program with the most historic wins in school history, while earning the #1 ranking in the process.

Walker is not 'good', he is great. I'd argue that Brock under the same circumstances would not have been as successful as walker, and Brock is first ballot HOF great. an argument can be made that Walker is still better (this is NOT a knock on Jensen), but we seem to diminish the accomplishments of walker because there are no titles.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

If you have one drive to win a game in the modern era the choice has to be between Wentz and Walker imo.

That's high accolades.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post

It's kind of a different era of football too. I think we would all agree that having a mobile QB today is much more important than it was back then. If you're not a running threat and the defense ignores you, you might as well be Zeb Noland.

Brock had 35 career rushing TD's and ran for almost 1300 yards.

Walker had 4 career rushing TD's and he ran for 111 yards in his career.

Brock was so underrated running the football. I think back to the final 4th down play vs Georgia Southern in 2012 and no way they even attempt that play with Walker. Game winning TD vs K-State, no way that goes to Walker. Although Brock had more talent around him, he also faced tougher competition. Brock had a combined 44 rushing and passing TD's in 2013

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    It's kind of a different era of football too. I think we would all agree that having a mobile QB today is much more important than it was back then. If you're not a running threat and the defense ignores you, you might as well be Zeb Noland.

Brock had 35 career rushing TD's and ran for almost 1300 yards.

Walker had 4 career rushing TD's and he ran for 111 yards in his career.

Brock was so underrated running the football. I think back to the final 4th down play vs Georgia Southern in 2012 and no way they even attempt that play with Walker. Game winning TD vs K-State, no way that goes to Walker. Although Brock had more talent around him, he also faced tougher competition. Brock had a combined 44 rushing and passing TD's in 2013
    Walker would have just dropped back and thrown for a touchdown, like he did multiple times with the game on the line. Whats your point?

Quote Originally Posted by bisontown View Post
    Walker would have just dropped back and thrown for a touchdown, like he did multiple times with the game on the line. Whats your point?
    its ALMOST as if.... coaches will call different plays to suit the talent of their players....

Agreed, Walker could have, and probably would have just thrown a dagger TD instead of running it. This would be like saying, "Brock couldnt have beat ball state because he never threw for 451 yds against an FBS team!". yeah, maybe so, but that doesnt mean he wouldnt have found a different way to win
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS