Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tyree Eady in Portal

Default Re: Tyree Eady in Portal

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Don't agree. These kids are not professionals. I say why should colleges have pro team then? GTFO and let the amateurs play. No reason the university or alumni should have to support pro teams. Without the commitment it's time to start questioning why I should give to them.
    I think we really do agree though. I’m just telling you how it is. Not that I want it to be this way.

In my wild opinion you should either have true amateurism (no schollies, no recruiting, etc.) or just let them be professionals. Any middle ground is this weird counterintuitive semi-indentured servitude where people in power just arbitrarily draw lines of what is acceptable…

…for the kids that is. Coaches and ADs can come and go and do as they please
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I think we really do agree though. I’m just telling you how it is. Not that I want it to be this way.

In my wild opinion you should either have true amateurism (no schollies, no recruiting, etc.) or just let them be professionals. Any middle ground is this weird counterintuitive semi-indentured servitude where people in power just arbitrarily draw lines of what is acceptable…

…for the kids that is. Coaches and ADs can come and go and do as they please
    Ultimately D1 football and men's basketball are the victim of their own success and popularity. The other 88 championships for the most part operate fine and you have mostly student athletes. Some get all or some of their education paid for in a very generous aid package.

As the popularity grew it brought a lot more revenue. This has allowed schools to build amazing facilities and support all the other sports which is awesome. But it's also created this financial behemoth with everyone trying to get their cut. And no matter how much they get it's not enough.

The NCAA really is about the student athlete, but they are funded largely by the TV revenue from the next 3 weeks (I think it's like 80% of their revenue). Their mission is to regulate self determined rules and organize championships. And they do that well for 88 championships. And of those 90 championships at 3 divisions only 5 generate more revenue than the have in expenses (men's basketball, men's hockey, men's lacrosse, wrestling, and baseball). They rest are underwritten by the men's basketball revenue.

The college presidents realize all their sports go away because the championships go away if you separate basketball from the mix. And D2 and D3 championships likely don't happen if you separate the FBS schools. The schools may still have athletics and they could still have conferences and if they choose to kick In a lot more money they could have a limited scope national championship. I'm curious to see how this plays out.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

anyone see anything with Eady? nothing on social media w offers/visits

"Tyree Eady is the most influential basketball player we've had." Dave Richman
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So how many years of playing eligibility do these players have? Were Eady and Greisel already on their 5th year counting redshirt time and now they get a 6th year? I feel these transfers in basketball all happening at once look really bad for NDSU, especially the Hayes, Cook bailouts. Well, I hope we can bring in big time impact players that gel right away. No reason to buy a season ticket, again.
    Let's Go Bison!!!

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisoneer View Post
    So how many years of playing eligibility do these players have? Were Eady and Greisel already on their 5th year counting redshirt time and now they get a 6th year? I feel these transfers in basketball all happening at once look really bad for NDSU, especially the Hayes, Cook bailouts. Well, I hope we can bring in big time impact players that gel right away. No reason to buy a season ticket, again.
    Griesel was at NDSU 4 years only, payed all 4. Was a JR last season (his 4th season) due to added covid year.

Eady came in a year before Griesel, but redshirted and played 4 years. Was also a JR last season technically due to covid year.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisoneer View Post
    Iowa State won two games all last year. This year they made the sweet 16. With the Portal this is an example how quickly a teams fortune can change, like it or not!

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Iowa State won two games all last year. This year they made the sweet 16. With the Portal this is an example how quickly a teams fortune can change, like it or not!
    They also changed coaches. But yes things can be turned around in a hurry under the right circumstances.

Jeff Goodman
    @GoodmanHoops
    North Texas has landed North Dakota State grad transfer Tyree Eady, per source. 6-5 guard averaged 10.3 points, 5 boards and 2.4 assists this past season while shooting 38 percent from 3. Also a terrific defender.
    https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/sta...52311711002624
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

following Deng Geu...hmmmmm
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

At least he is going to a good team. UNT is solid

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com