Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Sam Griesel enters the Portal

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Sam Griesel enters the Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    I saw a tweet from Sam thanking Kyan Brown for being there for him throughout his career and being in gym (since played Omaha) scoring his 1,000 pt

Funny how two great men---left NDSU
    Sam was going pro until his health situation last year derailed him a bit and then he got the opportunity to play at his dream school from his childhood and Kyan is trying to build his resume to be a head coach and worked with Crutch before he even came to NDSU. I'm so sick of people saying they left because of issues at NDSU, they both took great opportunities to further their career. Dave isn't going anywhere and Kyan knows that so getting assistant experience under another head coach adds to his resume, not to mention Crutch is up there in age and likely looking to get to a P5 head coaching job before he retires so likely a quicker route to being the head guy in Omaha than at NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Sam was going pro until his health situation last year derailed him a bit and then he got the opportunity to play at his dream school from his childhood and Kyan is trying to build his resume to be a head coach and worked with Crutch before he even came to NDSU. I'm so sick of people saying they left because of issues at NDSU, they both took great opportunities to further their career. Dave isn't going anywhere and Kyan knows that so getting assistant experience under another head coach adds to his resume, not to mention Crutch is up there in age and likely looking to get to a P5 head coaching job before he retires so likely a quicker route to being the head guy in Omaha than at NDSU.
    Thank you for that.
    I have read over at the Minnesota site reference to Nebraska getting on-line
    quickly with their NIL program. I have wondered if Sam & his people were able to get some nice compensation from NIL especially since Nebraska needed him and ya know, home-town kid makes good and returns to help out and all……

And if they did, good for them to do that without having to go international the 1st year. That should still be there next season. iirc Griesel has dual citizenship, that can be very interesting for the European teams.
    Last edited by bruinbison; 11-17-2022 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Thank you for that.
    I have read over at the Minnesota site reference to Nebraska getting on-line
    quickly with their NIL program. I have wondered if Sam & his people were able to get some nice compensation from NIL especially since Nebraska needed him and ya know, home-town kid makes good and returns to help out and all……

And if they did, good for them to do that without having to go international the 1st year. That should still be there next season. iirc Griesel has dual citizenship, that can be very interesting for the European teams.

Yes, Sam got his bag. Hard to pass that up. Basically already playing pro on that salary.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Yes, Sam got his bag. Hard to pass that up. Basically already playing pro on that salary.
    Mr, Burgundy, can you delve further into what specific dollar amount is his "salary"? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    wow what a different world in college sports nowadays. don't blame any of these kids. but $100k deals for Big 10 and Big 12 kids are commonplace
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Looked like he was getting significant playing time yesterday during Nebraska's comeback win over Wisconsin. Nebraska was down by as much as 17 early in the second half, then won in ot.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Looked like he was getting significant playing time yesterday during Nebraska's comeback win over Wisconsin. Nebraska was down by as much as 17 early in the second half, then won in ot.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    He’s started every game for them avg 33 minutes a game. He plays significantly every game.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    He’s started every game for them avg 33 minutes a game. He plays significantly every game.
    He's looking good when I've watched him. Rebraca has done well at Iowa as well.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk