Thread: 2022 The Basketball Classic

Default 2022 The Basketball Classic

Anyone else hear of this tournament this year? Similar to the NIT. I just thought it was interesting as I saw Western Illinois got an invite for the tournament. Is there a reason why we weren't invited to this, or even Oral Roberts? Did we say no to the tournament?

Default Re: 2022 The Basketball Classic

Pretty sure NDSU has turned down the CBI/CIT in the past (are those even still around???) so guessing they had no interest in this one either. I think at the postgame presser after the SL championship game Richman said they would submit paperwork for the NIT but that would be it for potential postseason play for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Pretty sure NDSU has turned down the CBI/CIT in the past (are those even still around???) so guessing they had no interest in this one either. I think at the postgame presser after the SL championship game Richman said they would submit paperwork for the NIT but that would be it for potential postseason play for them.
    Plus with 3 guys gone and 3 in transfer portal. Team is a little thin right now.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Pretty sure they had said they wouldn't play in any post season tournaments that you had to pay to play.

Not sure if Larson wants them to play in these events but sometimes it is worth the money when you have a young team that could use more games. Not really the case with this squad.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.