Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Maleeck Harden-Hayes in the Portal

Default Re: Maleeck Harden-Hayes in the Portal

The Bison have how many schollies open now ??? Trying to stay positive here..........

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    The Bison have how many schollies open now ??? Trying to stay positive here..........
    Should be three now. That said when is the last time we got significant help from the portal?
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    Woof, somebody lock Grant Nelson up.

This team is not going to be good next year unless they add significant perimeter help in the portal.

Tell Craig Smith & Tim Miles to quit calling him then... ( I kid.. I kidddd)
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Culture. That is all.
    It's just like the football team. Just ask Dave. Puke.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Should be three now. That said when is the last time we got significant help from the portal?
    Vinny Shahid was a transfer. Technically before the “transfer portal” was a thing.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Vinny Shahid was a transfer. Technically before the “transfer portal” was a thing.
    I guess he was the last key late addition. Richman needs to find at least a Vinnie or this team will be relying on a lot of youth.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    Numbers also don't tell the whole story.

I was undefeated in a dart tournament once..doesn't make me good
    Yeah, that is exactly Dave's problem. Can't swallow his pride when a guy gets a hot hand and you need him. He just cannot go off his script....

Mods. can you add Cook to this title?

Cook was MONEY from those Corner 3's I swear it was 75% from there for him. COOK & MHH were going to be starters next year, that's why there is much blowback on these 2 even though NUMBERS WISE it's not major losses I guess.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

The reality is that this is how it's going to be for every program (probably even SDSU and other top programs) moving forward. Easy to blame Richman because people like to do that--and I understand the reasons why, to be clear--but it will be astounding to me if every Summit League school doesn't have 2-4 transfers every offseason because of how easy the portal makes it. Whether or not they are key/essential players each year will probably be what continues to separate the top schools from the next-level contenders.

Regardless, I'd love to not see either of them end up in the NSIC (particularly at Moorhead or Northern). Hopefully they'll find another D1 to jump over to.

EDIT: I edited my post because I didn't do the appropriate research. I didn't realize Cook was a starter all 32 games this year and Harden-Hayes put up decent numbers for the minutes he played per game, especially if Richman's offensive style didn't fit/suit Harden-Hayes's game. That doesn't change the fact that I'd love to not see them at another NSIC school next year.
    Last edited by MrAugustana; 03-14-2022 at 08:08 PM.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I've kept my mouth shut since I said I wasn't giving Dave's program any more time but ... How anyone can defend him on things like contributing players leaving every other year and the laundry list of shit wins against 250+ tanked teams, no wins against anything decent and lack of any tangible evidence we might be competitive against a higher opponent is mind boggling.

Yes he has a good record and yes he has won the SLT but again winning three games in March and getting a 16 seed will NOT get me to give two royal shits about this program.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Dittttttttttttooooo

I want and expect more....

Like a HC that ADJUSTS to fit teams talent offensively and defensively