Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bison vs Gophers at U.S. Bank Stadium - Midweek 3/8/22

Default Bison vs Gophers at U.S. Bank Stadium - Midweek 3/8/22

First Midweek game of the season for the Bison. They enter the game with a 5 win - 6 loss record, of course all games to date have been away games. The Bison are batting .264 as a team, with Will Busch leading the way with a .375 average. The pitching staff has a 4.35 ERA and Evan Sankey leads the staff with 2 wins. The probable pitcher for the Bison this evening is Ben Smith, who is 0-1 with a 16.2 ERA.

The Gophers stand 4-9 on the season. This is their 3rd game against Summit League competition, having defeated St. Thomas 12 - 0 and having lost to the Jackrabbits 7-5. Trent Schoeberl, 0-1 with a 22.5 ERA is tabbed to start on the hill for Minnesota.

First pitch a 6:05 PM.
    Damn, I'm Good!

Default Re: Bison vs Gophers at U.S. Bank Stadium - Midweek 3/8/22

Brookshaw doubles with 1 out to put a runner in scoring position, Koep reaches on a walk and we have a mini 2-out rally. Koep walks and it's up to Simonsen, who promptly doubles to clear the bases and the Bison up 3-0. Top of the 1st ends with a strikeout, but timely 2 out hitting give the Bison the early 3-0 lead. Gophers go down 1-2-3 vs Smith. Good start for NDSU.
    Damn, I'm Good!

Top of 2 begins with a walk and an error to advance the runner, a sac bunt, runner on 3rd w/ 1out. A pop-up for 2nd out. Gophers change pitchers, bringing on Josh Culliver. Schoeberl goes 1.2 innings giving up 3 runs (all earned) on 3 hits, with 2 K and 2 BB. Culver issues a walk before retiring the side with a groundout. Bison strand, one in scoring position. Smith retires 2 before giving up a double, but he retired the side without giving up the run. Still 3-0 after 2.
    Last edited by Elvis was a Bison; 03-09-2022 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Spelling
    Damn, I'm Good!

Bison get a 2 out homerun by Simonsen to add to the lead. Smith retires 2 on 4 pitches then surrenders 2 singles and ends the inning with a groundout. 4-0 Bison.
    Damn, I'm Good!

The fourth begins with a double by Hill but Culliver retires the next 3 Bison and it's the Gopher half of the 4th. A 2 out single, a wild pitch, and another single put the Gophers on the board. The rally stops at 1 run. Bison 4. Gophers 1 going into the 5th.
    Damn, I'm Good!

Tom Skoro on to pitch for the Gophers in the top of the 5th. Culliver goes 2.1 innings, giving up 1 run (earned) on 2 hits with 4 Ks and 1 BB. Bison go 1-2-3 on 10 pitches. Senior Riley Johnson relieves Smith to start the bottom of the 5th. Smith goes 4.0 innings, surrendering 1 run (earned) on 5 hits, 2Ks, and 0 BB. 2 quick outs followed by a Gopher double put a runner in scoring position. Another double and walk puts the go-ahead run at the plate. A fly out ends the inning with only 1 run scoring. Bison lead 4-2 after 5 innings.
    Damn, I'm Good!

Love this stadium set up.
    4-0 quick lead with Jack Simonsen base clearing double is now 4-2

hold on boys, lets get this win!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Simonsen gets the run back with a lead-off home run, his second dinger of the game. Bison strand a runner on second to end the top half. Minnesota goes down in order, so the Bison lead 5-2 after six complete.
    Damn, I'm Good!

DeLuga on to pitch for Minnesota. Skoro goes 2.0 innings, surrendering 1 run (earned) on 2 hits with 3 Ks and 0 BB.
    Bison get a 2-out single by Koep but the side is retired. Jake Drew in to pitch for NDSU. Riley Johnson goes 2 innings giving up 1 run (earned) on 2 hits with 2Ks and 1 BB. Gophers go down 1-2-3. Bison 5, Gophers 2 after 7.
    Damn, I'm Good!

K
    Dauman replaces DeLuga on the mound. DeLuga goes 1.0 innings giving up no runs on 1 hit, 2 Ks and 0 BB. A walk and a
    n errant pick-off attempt puts a Bison runner on third w/ 2 out, but the inning ends on a groundout. Junior right-hander Joey Danielson in to pitch for the Bison. Drew goes 1 inning w/ no runs, no hits, 1 K and no BB. Gophers open the bottom of the 8th with a double and a walk, 2 on with none out and the tying run at the plate. Danielson strikes out the side to end the rally. 5-2 Bison going into the ninth.
    Damn, I'm Good!