Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: SLT Finals: vs SDSU

Default SLT Finals: vs SDSU

Championship Tuesday is here and the Bison will take on the Jack's for a chance to dance tonight at 8pm. Game will be on espn2. Both teams were dominate last night in their semifinal wins. Clearly the two best teams in this league. The regular saw the Jackrabbits sweeping the Bison, Winning both games by 4 points.

Gonna be a massive home court advantage for the Jack's tonight, but ndsu has won in this environment before. Can't ask for much more then a chance to dance with a win!

Go Bison!

Default Re: SLT Finals: vs SDSU

I really enjoyed watching the offensive display last night by the Bison when they attacked the ORU defense throughout the game. Too many times this year they've made it easy on opposing defenses by just passing it around the parameter and not attacking the paint until the shot clock runs down. I hope they keep it up and they should be able to play loose since everyone in the arena expects SDSU to win outside the team and the proud few Bison fans down there.

I hope the strategy continues to attack the rim and pound the ball inside to see if they can get Wilson and/or Apple in foul trouble. Keep Scheierman contained on the other end (looking at you Tyree and Boden) and defend the 3 point line. Keep it close and the pressure will mount substantially on the favored "home" team down the stretch. Let's go Bison!

Lets send another really good Bunny Turd team packing.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I really enjoyed watching the offensive display last night by the Bison when they attacked the ORU defense throughout the game. Too many times this year they've made it easy on opposing defenses by just passing it around the parameter and not attacking the paint until the shot clock runs down. I hope they keep it up and they should be able to play loose since everyone in the arena expects SDSU to win outside the team and the proud few Bison fans down there.

I hope the strategy continues to attack the rim and pound the ball inside to see if they can get Wilson and/or Apple in foul trouble. Keep Scheierman contained on the other end (looking at you Tyree and Boden) and defend the 3 point line. Keep it close and the pressure will mount substantially on the favored "home" team down the stretch. Let's go Bison!
    DEFENDING the 3 point line is HUGE!!! SDSU shoots as A TEAM 45.1% from 3's!!! NDSU leads the conference in defending the 3 at 31.4%. I want to see a TOUGHNESS battle----ATTACK THE HOOP!!!! Points in the paint---get to the FT LINE

PLEASE say we are ready to defend the crab dribble by Appel!! Not let Scheierman spin back to left hand in lane ATTACK whoever #30 is trying to guard

BIG GAME

BUNNIES 20-0 in SL games this year vs. BISON who are sharing the ball---#less of clear out for Rocky

i posted on a few places. buy a $23 ticket in nosebleeds, drive down, then walk down by the band behind NDSU basket. like 500 seats down there reserved for NDSU students.
    if I wasn't driving cross country thursday for 3 days, I'd be there. 3 kids under 6 will do that to a guy in 13 years of SLT, I been there 11 times, I paid my dues.

Gotta Stop Wilson & Appel tonight...... let schiemerhorn or whatever his name shoot.

2-3 ZONE pack it tight. Rocky/Morgan/Grant

NDSU is +6 but they aren't posting a moneyline. anyone see a moneyline for us?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    i posted on a few places. buy a $23 ticket in nosebleeds, drive down, then walk down by the band behind NDSU basket. like 500 seats down there reserved for NDSU students.
    if I wasn't driving cross country thursday for 3 days, I'd be there. 3 kids under 6 will do that to a guy in 13 years of SLT, I been there 11 times, I paid my dues.

Gotta Stop Wilson & Appel tonight...... let schiemerhorn or whatever his name shoot.

Tell you what, Dave Richman is the right guy to take NDSU into a championship game where all the odds are stacked against you. He was one surly dude after beating ORU by 20 and taking media questions. He didn't want any part of feeling good about that win, he had moved on to SDSU and he had his game face on 24 hours in advance. He will have them ready.

Compare DR to happy go lucky guys like Saul and Tim . . . I'm glad that Dave is coaching in this one. He will have a motivated group hitting the floor tonight. All about mental toughness tonight.

In the post-gamer, Ross asked Dave if he had addressed the earlier altercation with ORU with his team. DR . . . "You are a dipshit, next question". (I'm paraphasing). Love it!

tolnabison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

Yeah, play man all year, then decide in the biggest game of the year to play zone. Great strategy, they won't know what hit them.

Both teams currently have 5 Summit League tournament titles so the winner tonight takes the lead in that category as well.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    Yeah, play man all year, then decide in the biggest game of the year to play zone. Great strategy, they won't know what hit them.
    I laughed at strategy that as well. Plus, SDSU is a good 3 point shooting team and a 2-3 (only exception is Syracuse) is like a 3 point shooting teams dream. I once had a HS coach where we played man all year and beat a team real bad during the regular season and then in the postseason he wanted us to play a triangle and 2. Well a youngster came in and hit like 3 straight threes and got their confidence going and we had a bad shooting night and lost. It was terrible.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The regular season is rope-a-dope 1/2 court basketball. Time to run now.