Thread: Kadie Deaton and Kylie Strop

Default Re: Kadie Deaton and Kylie Strop

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    USD is just as good as SDSU too
    So USD lost head coach to West Virginia

I think?? All new asst coaches
    3 big time studs grad
    The best returning player transfer to U of Neb
    They will struggle this year on the rebuild.

The #2 spot in the Summit is wide open.

Kansas City also new coaching regime and lots of new kids.

Maybe W ILL has strong returning team?

Again no clear #2 but Jacks way way out front. AJ has that whole machine finely tuned!!

Quote Originally Posted by NESDBison View Post
    It was way to out of control. Then after she got T up for taunting Chloe Lamb she was pulled and never played again.

What’s happening here is these kids that have come in here have never had to take Hard Coaching. They have always been the studs at HS and AAU level. But if your not disciplined and can’t correct things without getting feelings hurt your never going to succeed at the top of the Summit. The Jacks are to good of a well oiled machine to try to beat consistently. MW had this so upside down that we are still having hard time getting skilled disciplined coachable kids here. The staff I think had no choice but tell some of these kids your not good enough and we misjudged it. Nothing will change until they hit on some talent from the area that want to be here and they start winning ��. SDSU is a top 50 program in the country. Unfortunately staff here has to reevaluate until they get it right bc the bar is set really high. Winning one game at the Summit League tournament is not a successful season In their eyes. Very hard to get this all correct immediately without having some misses with kids.
    We lost 7 girls to transfer from our best team in 15 years... Look I think we're still headed the right direction, but to just dismiss it is kinda ridiculous. I would've killed to have Deaton on any team 2007 thru 2019. Most of those years we had girls seeing the floor that couldn't figure out how to line up for free throws or run down the court and back without being gassed. We're another offseason like this last one away from having to start all over again.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    We lost 7 girls to transfer from our best team in 15 years... Look I think we're still headed the right direction, but to just dismiss it is kinda ridiculous. I would've killed to have Deaton on any team 2007 thru 2019. Most of those years we had girls seeing the floor that couldn't figure out how to line up for free throws or run down the court and back without being gassed. We're another offseason like this last one away from having to start all over again.
    Our best team in 15 years is a team that went 11-18 last year? Hamling, Hopkins, Cobbins, Shulte and Hildebrandt were about the only 5 that really showed they have what it takes to go toe to toe with SDSU & USD, I think Sophie Olson is a solid player that can get there too. Hopkins graduated, Cobbins to Alabama and the others are all back. The only person I'm disappointed that left before I got to see what she could do was Gabby Forde but maybe Jory saw enough to know it wasn't going to work. The class and transfers coming in should be significant upgrades across the board so now it's just up to Jory to get them on the same page by time the season starts. I believe they have a foreign trip coming up this year, to Greece I believe, so that should be a very well timed trip to help this team gel before the games count this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Our best team in 15 years is a team that went 11-18 last year? Hamling, Hopkins, Cobbins, Shulte and Hildebrandt were about the only 5 that really showed they have what it takes to go toe to toe with SDSU & USD, I think Sophie Olson is a solid player that can get there too. Hopkins graduated, Cobbins to Alabama and the others are all back. The only person I'm disappointed that left before I got to see what she could do was Gabby Forde but maybe Jory saw enough to know it wasn't going to work. The class and transfers coming in should be significant upgrades across the board so now it's just up to Jory to get them on the same page by time the season starts. I believe they have a foreign trip coming up this year, to Greece I believe, so that should be a very well timed trip to help this team gel before the games count this winter.
    I think Gabby Forde wenr to a Southland team. Really none of the transfers outside of Cobbins landed anywhere big. One dropped down to D2. I was bummed about the recruit from Hastings (forgot her name) but I think she was having a recurring knee issue. Had she not torn her ACL in high school she would have been a Gopher

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think Gabby Forde wenr to a Southland team. Really none of the transfers outside of Cobbins landed anywhere big. One dropped down to D2. I was bummed about the recruit from Hastings (forgot her name) but I think she was having a recurring knee issue. Had she not torn her ACL in high school she would have been a Gopher
    Ellie Dague...tore her ACL in her senior season and couldn't get back from it at all last year. She transferred to St. Thomas so we'll see plenty of her for the next 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Ellie Dague...tore her ACL in her senior season and couldn't get back from it at all last year. She transferred to St. Thomas so we'll see plenty of her for the next 4 years.
    Dom had a tweet somewhere when all these girls were leaving at seasons end. EDague was quoted by him as she didn’t care for how intense Jory was. Goes back to my point earlier on the need to get girls that can improve and also take some coaching.

Heaven Hambling has been on board and is at the top of her game bc she choose to buy in. That’s why I think the coaching is not our prob but getting girls that want to be here and can elevate their already high game.
    RCobbins didn’t want to stick around and see how this goes? I get it so she left. Hopefully down the road their more local ties and winning where no wants to leave. SDSU wbb I don’t think has ever had anyone transfer out since the portal opened. They are all mostly Midwest girls and it’s competitive every yr.
    I can kinda see the next problem coming here, and that’s the girl from Oregon. I hope she ends up in top 10 all time Ndsu points but she is along ways from home and in 2 years is it easier for her to transfer out somewhere back on west coast if this is “too intense”?? I hope not!!

This Greece trip that the team is taking is a great way to get a team gelling with a bunch of new pieces! I agree from earlier post team feels bigger and stronger! The program HAS to keep reevaluating the roster until they can get the girls that can compete and improve while staying here for 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by NESDBison View Post
    Dom had a tweet somewhere when all these girls were leaving at seasons end. EDague was quoted by him as she didn’t care for how intense Jory was. Goes back to my point earlier on the need to get girls that can improve and also take some coaching.

Heaven Hambling has been on board and is at the top of her game bc she choose to buy in. That’s why I think the coaching is not our prob but getting girls that want to be here and can elevate their already high game.
    RCobbins didn’t want to stick around and see how this goes? I get it so she left. Hopefully down the road their more local ties and winning where no wants to leave. SDSU wbb I don’t think has ever had anyone transfer out since the portal opened. They are all mostly Midwest girls and it’s competitive every yr.
    I can kinda see the next problem coming here, and that’s the girl from Oregon. I hope she ends up in top 10 all time Ndsu points but she is along ways from home and in 2 years is it easier for her to transfer out somewhere back on west coast if this is “too intense”?? I hope not!!

This Greece trip that the team is taking is a great way to get a team gelling with a bunch of new pieces! I agree from earlier post team feels bigger and stronger! The program HAS to keep reevaluating the roster until they can get the girls that can compete and improve while staying here for 4 years!
    I agree if a player thinks a coach is too intense, they are probably a better fit for D2 or NAIA where they can compete without improving. This is D1, not a youth traveling basketball team. Good luck dealing with thousands of opposing fans yelling trash at you if you if you can't handle a coach. We need mentally tough and strong kids.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I agree if a player thinks a coach is too intense, they are probably a better fit for D2 or NAIA where they can compete without improving. This is D1, not a youth traveling basketball team. Good luck dealing with thousands of opposing fans yelling trash at you if you if you can't handle a coach. We need mentally tough and strong kids.
    Could not Agree More!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    ask elephants dream
    I haven't talked to Kadie since she left the team.
    She's a pleasant, friendly young woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Elephants Dream? View Post
    I haven't talked to Kadie since she left the team.
    She's a pleasant, friendly young woman.
    dam 6 months later. where you been girl!!!??
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?