Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: SLT Quarterfinal: vs Denver

Default Re: SLT Quarterfinal: vs Denver

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Also Monday night if they win and we play right after them.
    I don't think Bunny fans hate NDSU. I think we look at each other fairly similarly in basketball terms at least. Last time I went to the Summit Tourney SDSU had lost the night before, and I had a SDSU fan in the lobby give me and my buddies his tickets. Said he just wanted them to get used by somebody and told us he hoped we enjoyed our night in Sioux Falls.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    So, I was there last night; some observations:

1. I love Sam, but darn it, I sure wish we had a true point guard. Really gets us into trouble sometimes as he occasionally struggles with ball control.
    2. They simply did not get the ball into Rocky's hands enough in the first half. He was a matchup nightmare for Denver.
    3. I really, really despise the stupid quick 3 pointers they shoot when they don't have any true shooting assassins like in the past.
    4. As always, they are so good when they get the ball inside, then have guys cutting in and moving on the perimeter; when they do that well, they are so, so tough to defend.
    5. Yep, occasionally Nelson makes some young man mistakes with the ball, but he is a defensive nightmare for the undersized teams. He does things on defense you see from the high major teams where guards and small forward can't get a shot off when they get anywhere near him.
    6. Denver should have benched the kid who just kept chucking up bad 3 point shots. Maybe he is good, but he took a lot of terrible shots and only hit one I remember.
    7. Man, do the SDSU fans hate us. They really hate we've had arguably had more overall success in D1 bball than them. If we play them Tuesday, it is going to be a terribly hostile crowd just like always.
    8. The Denny is such a great place to watch a game; it was so much fun to be back after 2 years. The world literally ended after the championship game if folks don't remember.

I hope a lot of you will think about coming on down Mon and Tues if they make it. Best place to find lower bowl tickets in Sioux Falls craigslist. See you then!
    I get what your saying about Sam but he also has abilities a point guard doesn’t
    We can’t really say he gets sloppy with the ball either averagin1.9 turnovers a game playing 34 mpg that’s pretty secure
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    I get what your saying about Sam but he also has abilities a point guard doesn’t
    We can’t really say he gets sloppy with the ball either averagin1.9 turnovers a game playing 34 mpg that’s pretty secure
    Oh, I fully agree he does things a typical point guard can't do thus why I said I love him. But, he makes me nervous just about anytime he is in traffic....

USD beats KC in first game. Going to be a big crowd for SDSU vs USD.

Oral up on Western 23-15 with half of 1st half to go.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Oh, I fully agree he does things a typical point guard can't do thus why I said I love him. But, he makes me nervous just about anytime he is in traffic....
    Over all the time that Sam has been PG, I've been surprised that teams haven't tried to go full court press against us. I think they'd at least get a handful of turnovers.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Over all the time that Sam has been PG, I've been surprised that teams haven't tried to go full court press against us. I think they'd at least get a handful of turnovers.
    they all should. that's how umkc beat us, tons of pressure., I'm surprised more teams don't pressure ndsu
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I was down in Sioux Falls this weekend as well, good times. Not much to add on the games that hasn't already been said. I do have a funny story to share though.

So I decided to head down Friday night to beat the weather, grabbed a room online for the Holiday Inn downtown before I left town. Checked in, saw a bunch of Summit League flags hanging up from the ceiling when I walked in and thought this was cool that I was in the tournament host hotel....or one of them....anyway. The next morning I go down to scope out the continental breakfast situation and the pool/hot tub to see how many people were down there. Go back to my room and head down a bit later with my suit on and and Bison football hoodie, gonna pop in and eat something. Head back to where I saw all the food set up and there's Coach Richman and Sam sitting at a table chatting. Threw some horns up and told them "Go Bison" and let's get er done today or something like that. Start to go through the line and Richman and Sam join me along with a couple of other people that just showed up. So I go sit down to start eating, and the rest of the team and coaches start showing up. So I text my buddy and I'm like "Just eating breakfast with the entire basketball team, no big deal". Finish eating, head to the hot tub for a bit, then back to my room. Well breakfast is apparently served until 11 so I was about to check out and figured I should go down there and grab a little something else, you know to get my moneys worth. So I grab a biscuit and some sausage to make a breakfast sandwich and a staff member approaches me and asks me if I'm a part of the team. I said I'm a Bison fan but not a part of the team. Then he says this food was reserved for the team and usually he would have to charge me but said since I just had a small biscuit with some sausage that he would let it slide, lol. Then I ran into Matt Larsen at Dicks Sporting Goods and told him the story. I told him I thought it was pretty neat that no one from the team told me to leave or that I didn't belong. So yeah, long story to say that I had breakfast with the team and the staff including the radio guys, and I had no idea I was eating on NDSUs dime.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by 17>1 View Post
    I was down in Sioux Falls this weekend as well, good times. Not much to add on the games that hasn't already been said. I do have a funny story to share though.

So I decided to head down Friday night to beat the weather, grabbed a room online for the Holiday Inn downtown before I left town. Checked in, saw a bunch of Summit League flags hanging up from the ceiling when I walked in and thought this was cool that I was in the tournament host hotel....or one of them....anyway. The next morning I go down to scope out the continental breakfast situation and the pool/hot tub to see how many people were down there. Go back to my room and head down a bit later with my suit on and and Bison football hoodie, gonna pop in and eat something. Head back to where I saw all the food set up and there's Coach Richman and Sam sitting at a table chatting. Threw some horns up and told them "Go Bison" and let's get er done today or something like that. Start to go through the line and Richman and Sam join me along with a couple of other people that just showed up. So I go sit down to start eating, and the rest of the team and coaches start showing up. So I text my buddy and I'm like "Just eating breakfast with the entire basketball team, no big deal". Finish eating, head to the hot tub for a bit, then back to my room. Well breakfast is apparently served until 11 so I was about to check out and figured I should go down there and grab a little something else, you know to get my moneys worth. So I grab a biscuit and some sausage to make a breakfast sandwich and a staff member approaches me and asks me if I'm a part of the team. I said I'm a Bison fan but not a part of the team. Then he says this food was reserved for the team and usually he would have to charge me but said since I just had a small biscuit with some sausage that he would let it slide, lol. Then I ran into Matt Larsen at Dicks Sporting Goods and told him the story. I told him I thought it was pretty neat that no one from the team told me to leave or that I didn't belong. So yeah, long story to say that I had breakfast with the team and the staff including the radio guys, and I had no idea I was eating on NDSUs dime.
    That's a great story. The Holiday Inn here is a full service, business class hotel, and those don't have free breakfast for anyone, not even elites..... You were living large!