Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bison vs Long Beach State Dirtbags

Default Re: Bison vs Long Beach State Dirtbags

Cadyn Schwabe leads of the visitor's 6th with a double, but the Bison are currently 0 for 4 with runners in scoring position. Need to change that here, and Peter Brookshaw does just that with a double of his own. One in, one on, nobody out. Bison only get 1 and are now 1-8 with runners in scoring position. The Dirtbags first 2 batters go down on 3 pitches, but a walk and a single put 2 on with 2 out. Sankey retires the next batter and LBS leads 4-2 after six innings.
    Damn, I'm Good!

Marques Johnson comes on to pitch for the D-Bags in the top of the 7th. Noble line through 6 innings 2 runs (both earned) on 5 hits 6Ks 1BB 86 Total Pitches.
    Terrell Huggins reaches on a wild pitch on a strikeout, gets sacrificed to 2nd, goes to third on another wild pitch. Calen Schwabe walks, so first and 3rd with one out. Schwabe steals second, two more runners in scoring position. Top half ends with a strikeout and a ground out so now 1 for 10 w/RISP.
    Sankey faces 2 batters before being relieved by Wyatt Nelson with 1 out and a runner on first. Runner on first steals second, goes to 3rd on a throwing error on the catcher and scores an un-earned run on a single. Nelson escapes without further damage. LBU leads 5-2 after 7.

Sankey goes 6.1 innings giving up 5 runs (4 earned) on 9 hits, 2 K, 3BB, 84 Total Pitches.
    Damn, I'm Good!

Bison go down in order in the top of the eighth against Johnson and LBS wastes 2 singles in the bottom half, so the Bison go into the 9th needing 3 to keep this game going as they trail Long Beach State 5-2.
    Damn, I'm Good!

Deveroux Harrison comes in to pitch for the Dirtbags and retires the Bison 1-2-3 to secure the 5-2 win for LBSU. Bison now 5-5 on the season, while LBS moves to 3-6. Sunday's game at 3:00 PM Central will be on ESPN+ (if they get their shit together.)
    Damn, I'm Good!

Rubber game of this 3-game series.
    Long Beach State will start right-hander Juaron Watts-Brown, 0-1 on the season with a 3.72 ERA. He has stuck out 15 and allowed 4 walks.
    The Bison will counter with Sophomore right-hander Cade Feeney, 1-1 with an ERA of 7.59 and 7 Ks with 4 BB.
    Defense will be the key for the Dirtbags. They had 4 errors in Friday's loss and played errorless ball in Saturday's win.
    The Bison need to improve their 2-out hitting and their hitting with runners in scoring position.
    It will be sunny with the temperature in the low 60's.
    Damn, I'm Good!

ESPN+ baby. so cool

up 1-0 early
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Former Twins utility man Denny Hocking will be doing color commentary again for today's ESPN+ broadcast. As a side note, Hocking has been named the Head Coach for Baseball USA's 18U National Team and will lead them in International play this season.

Bison draw 2 walks with one out and after a line-out, Will Busch delivers an RBI single to give the Bison a 1-0 lead after the top of the inning. Feeney gives up a lead-off single with an 0-2 count, retires the next batter and coaxes a double play out of the third batter to face the minimum and end the first with a 1-0 lead.
    Damn, I'm Good!

HOME RUN BOMB!!! 400+ feet NDSU up 2-0..

then we lay down a bunt single. haha love that
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Hunter Koep leads off the second for the Bison with a long home run to left. 2-0 Bison. Zach Kluvers follows with a bunt single and moves to second on a sacrifice and the Bison have a runner in scoring position with one out. A pair of strikeouts ends the top of the inning with the Bison only scoring one.
    Feeney only threw 5 pitches, all strikes, in the 1st. Let's see if he can keep it rolling. He begins with 2 swinging Ks before giving up a single and another strikeout swinging. Cade looking good, as the Bison head into the 3rd with a 2-0 lead.
    Damn, I'm Good!

Leadoff walk for SU. Brookshaw steals 2nd to put himself in scoring position with one out. Will Busch drives him home with a single, and is promptly retired trying to steal 2nd. Of course, the next batter, Simonsen. triples to deep right. Koep gets another chance at an RBI, but it is taken away as Simonsen scores on a wild pitch. Pitching change for the Dirtbags. Watts-Brown goes 2.2 innings and gives up 4 runs, all earned, on 5 hits with 4 Ks and 4BB.Now on the mound, right-hander Dalton Ponce 0-1 on the season with a 4.50 ERA. Get's a flyball out, but the Bison score 2 and lead 4-0.
    LBS gets a single and a hit batsman to mount a mini rally, but the Bison close it down without any harm being done, and the Bison lead 4-0 after 3 innings.
    Damn, I'm Good!