Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison vs Long Beach State Dirtbags

Default Re: Bison vs Long Beach State Dirtbags

The Bison again go quietly in order in the top of the eighth. Roehrich strands a runner in scoring position in the bottom of the inning, and the Bison carry their one run lead into the ninth.
    Damn, I'm Good!

Fields strikes out the side in the top of the 9th, so it's up to Roehrich to shut down the Dirtbags to preserve the win. Lead-off hitter fights back from an 0-2 count to walk. Flyball out followed by an infield single and LBS is threatening with runners on 1st and 2nd with one out. Roehrich retires the Dirtbags on a foul ball pop-up and a line-out to second, and the Bison beat a Top 25 team 5 to 4.

NDSU 5 Runs, 10 Hits, 0 Errors, and 9 LOB WP: Max Loven (1-1), Save: Tristen Roehrich (2) Bison Record 5-4
    LBSU 4 Runs, 9 Hits, 4 Errors, and 7 LOB LP: Ethan Clough (0-1) Dirtbag Record 2-6

Saturday's game at 5:00 PM Central
    Damn, I'm Good!

I assume beating a top 25 ranked team doesn't happen often.

533 In a row

Huge Win!!! love it.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

tcbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I watched it because it was on ESPN+. I really don't understand the top 25 ranking at all with a record of 2-5. Either way it is a good win.

17 Times Football National Champions
    BISON PRIDE!

ESPN+ having issues for today's game. Pitching match today has Jack Noble (1-0) with a 0.00 ERA for LBS vs Evan Sankey (2-0) with a 0.00 ERA for the Bison.

Noble strikes out the first 2 batters before Peter Brookshaw jacks one to center for a 1-0 Bison lead. The top half ends with a walk and a groundout. Dirtbags answer with a run on a double and an RBI single. Knotted up at one each after the first.
    Damn, I'm Good!

Top of the 2nd and ESPN+ is still thanking us for our patience and promising to fix this ASAP. Oh well... At second glance, ESPN+ has now taken the link to today's game off the board. It shows tomorrow's game but no longer displays this afternoon's contest. I guess $5.99 a month doesn't get you much now days.

Bison strand a runner in scoring position after Huggin's double and hang a donut in the 2nd. LBS goes down 1-2-3 in the bottom half. Remains 1-1 after 2 complete.
    Damn, I'm Good!

Bison down in order against Noble, Dirtbags turn 4 singles into 2 runs to take a 3-1 lead into the 4th.
    Damn, I'm Good!

NDSU gets a lead-off single but leaves another runner in scoring position and LBS uses a lead-off homerun to extend their lead to 4-1 after 4 innings of play.
    Damn, I'm Good!

Noble retires the side on 6 pitches in the 5th. He has allowed 3 hits while striking out 6 and giving up 1 walk through 5 innings. Long Beach comes up empty in their half and the score remains at 4-1 heading into the 5th
    Damn, I'm Good!