Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison vs Long Beach State Dirtbags

Default Bison vs Long Beach State Dirtbags

Yes, the team's name is actually the "Dirtbags". Despite their present 2-5 record and a .235 team batting average, they are currently ranked #25 in the D1 poll and were ranked #1 in the Big West Conference pre-season poll. Max Loven, with and 0-1 record and a 6.00 ERA, will start on the hill for the Bison in tonight's game. set for 8:00 PM Central. The Bison will be facing Sophomore Luis Rodriquez, who stands 1-0 with 12 K s in 13 innings and has not allowed an earned run this season. NDSU is 4-4, with a team BA of .275 for the 2022 season.

Game will be available on ESPN +.
    Last edited by Elvis was a Bison; 03-04-2022 at 08:35 PM.
    Damn, I'm Good!

Default Re: Bison vs Long Beach State Dirtbags

If they were the Scum Bags, I would been impressed

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    If they were the Scum Bags, I would been impressed
    We have a few Scum Bags that post here. None impress me
    Damn, I'm Good!

Bison get 2 singles from their first 3 batters but can't advance runners to go scoreless in the top of the first. Loven strikes out the first 2 D-Bags then gives up a 445 foot bomb to the 3-hole hitter, and the Bison trail 1-0 after 1 inning of play.
    Damn, I'm Good!

Both teams go 1-2-3 in the 2nd. Score remains 1-0 D-Bags heading into the 3rd.
    Damn, I'm Good!

Bison load the bases on a single, 2 base throwing error on the pitcher, and a hit by pitch batter before Rodriquez allows a 2 run single by Logan Williams. Next 2 batters strike out and the Bison leave 2 in scoring position.
    LBS goes 1-2-3. Loven has 5 strikeouts, and the Bison lead 2-1 after 3 innings.
    Damn, I'm Good!

Druw Sackett leads off the 4th with a double, followed by an RBI single by Simonsen. A sac bunt, hit batter and another throwing error on the pitcher during a pick-off attempt have runners on the corners with one out. A caught stealing and a ground-out and the Bison only score 1 in the top-half of the inning.
    LBS again goes 1-2-3, as Loven has retired 10 straight and the Bison are up 3-1 after 4.
    Damn, I'm Good!

Hesse and Busch with back-2-back two out singles followed by a walk to Sackett and the Bison load the bases, but a strikeout by Simonsen on a Rodriquez 95 MPH fastball ends the top of the 5th without any runs being scored. The Bison have left 8 on base through 5,

The Dirtbags get 2 singles after a lead-off groundout followed by a 2-run double off the left field wall by the number 9 hitter. A single drives in the 3rd run of the inning and the Bison trail 4-3 after 5 innings
    Damn, I'm Good!

New pitcher for LBS is Ethan Clough and he is being treated rudely by NDSU as Anderson and Cadyn Schwabe score on a Brookshaw single. Bison score 2 and leave another runner.
    Loven back in the groove sets LBS down 1-2-3 and now has 8 strikeouts. Bison lead 5-4 after six innings.
    Damn, I'm Good!

Matt Fields now in to pitch for LBS and he sets the Bison down in order in the top of the 7th.

Loven starts the bottom of the inning by giving up a single and a sac bunt before giving way to Tristen Roehrich. Roehrich walked the first batter he faced and then got a flyout and a groundout to keep the score 5-4 NDSU after 7.
    Damn, I'm Good!