Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: President Cook Kansas

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: President Cook Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I attended the NYSP sports camps each summer for a few years and also went to some of the basketball games with my parents. My familiarity with the campus and love of Bison football were the deciding factors that made me choose NDSU over Moorhead State.
    Absolutely! Exposure to a campus multiple times is something that can have a big impact on students decisions to attend. My family attends quite a few SCSU Hockey games. The arena is relatively nice but both my kids ruled out attending SCSU very early on because of their interactions with the campus. Both of their reactions to NDSU's campus have been totally different and much more positive. My daughter visited NDSU, Mankato, St. Scholastica in Duluth, Winona, SDSU and Concordia Moorhead over the past year. All of them had very nice campuses but it was very difficult for her to get to know those other campuses the way she knew NDSU because of numerous visits she had had to the campus previously. Without the investment to move to D1 back in 2003, I don't believe that she would have been on campus as much as she has. That's not the only reason that she chose NDSU but I know it played a role. NDSU started with a head start with her and the other schools needed to wow her to change her mind. Or so that's what she told me. I was very impressed with aspects of all of the campuses and they all had good nursing programs that would have gotten her the professional training that she needed to move into her career. She liked the NDSU campus and Fargo more than the others. It doesn't happen that way for all potential students but the more interactions potential students have with NDSU the better. Sports can aid in that.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Another FBS thread. Lovely.
    Yep, this is getting old! We are not going Big Time ever. G5 is not Big Time!
    That said, MWC would be nice but let’s get real. In the geographical world of G5 football Fargo is on an Island and it continues to be our biggest issue. We may want the move but G5 conferences don’t necessarily want us!
    Welcome President Cook!

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Yep, this is getting old! We are not going Big Time ever. G5 is not Big Time!
    That said, MWC would be nice but let’s get real. In the geographical world of G5 football Fargo is on an Island and it continues to be our biggest issue. We may want the move but G5 conferences don’t necessarily want us!
    Welcome President Cook!
    I think any rational person realizes that an FBS move isn't fully in our control and any rational person would also realize that there is only so much that can be done within the parameters of what's best for the entire AD and the University. However, I think there has also been a major lack of information from leadership regarding what the the larger plan is and what they have been and are doing to work towards that. If the communication gets better, I personally am much more willing to cut them some slack on the results because I would likely believe that they are trying to work their plan. From an outside perspective, it is difficult for me to see how increased AD spending and declining attendance (especially for football) and other revenue streams add up to an improved overall Athletic Department. There is just no way that those 2 things can occur. They are in complete opposition of each other and ultimately they will result in something having to change. My personal fear is that the declining attendance spills over to things like media, merchandise sales and fundraising (teammakers) and will result in the overall AD budget needing to be slashed to balance the books. Does a move to FBS solve the declining attendance? No guarantee. However, if the leadership decides to stay FCS than other changes need to be made and communicated to the fanbase to show that declining attendance is being addressed. Maybe that's too negative but I guess we'll see.
    Last edited by BigLakeBison; 03-04-2022 at 04:39 PM.

Promises by some of us to get Cook Hired was for him to get us into FBS. We will be watching... closely.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Promises by some of us to get Cook Hired was for him to get us into FBS. We will be watching... closely.
    Please tell us, in detail, exactly what you did to "get Cook hired"....we'll wait...

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You have zero influence on NDSU athletics..thank god! If or when we go G5 it will have nothing to do with anything you or any other knuckleheads on this message board have ever done.
    You are nothing more than a cumpulsive internet message board troll with a bad case of little man syndrome and it’s been going on for over 15 years now! My suggestion to you, find a hobby or get a life!

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    You have zero influence on NDSU athletics..thank god! If or when we go G5 it will have nothing to do with anything you or any other knuckleheads on this message board have ever done.
    You are nothing more than a cumpulsive internet message board troll with a bad case of little man syndrome and it’s been going on for over 15 years now! My suggestion to you, find a hobby or get a life!
    says the dipshit posting at 10pm on a Friday... we got influence. President Cook is coached up. we good.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

says the dipshit posting at 10pm on a Friday... we got influence. President Cook is coached up. we good.
    You are also posting at 10 PM on a Friday...I won't even point out the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    I think any rational person realizes that an FBS move isn't fully in our control and any rational person would also realize that there is only so much that can be done within the parameters of what's best for the entire AD and the University. However, I think there has also been a major lack of information from leadership regarding what the the larger plan is and what they have been and are doing to work towards that. If the communication gets better, I personally am much more willing to cut them some slack on the results because I would likely believe that they are trying to work their plan. From an outside perspective, it is difficult for me to see how increased AD spending and declining attendance (especially for football) and other revenue streams add up to an improved overall Athletic Department. There is just no way that those 2 things can occur. They are in complete opposition of each other and ultimately they will result in something having to change. My personal fear is that the declining attendance spills over to things like media, merchandise sales and fundraising (teammakers) and will result in the overall AD budget needing to be slashed to balance the books. Does a move to FBS solve the declining attendance? No guarantee. However, if the leadership decides to stay FCS than other changes need to be made and communicated to the fanbase to show that declining attendance is being addressed. Maybe that's too negative but I guess we'll see.
    Whats interesting is the supposed long term vision that some think they have for the future. But use short term events (the sky is falling) and something must be done now panic. Because-------------well just because.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."