Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: President Cook Kansas

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: President Cook Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Absolutely none. Maybe you'll understand when you have a kid who goes to college.
    "Absolutely none" is a complete bullshit overstatement. You don't need to match Chapo's bullshit with your own. Sports and the recognition that comes from it does have an impact on enrollment. However, there are many other factors that affect enrollment. Indy had a very good post above and I think most rational adults would agree with his post.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    "Absolutely none" is a complete bullshit overstatement. You don't need to match Chapo's bullshit with your own. Sports and the recognition that comes from it does have an impact on enrollment. However, there are many other factors that affect enrollment. Indy had a very good post above and I think most rational adults would agree with his post.
    Things my kid didn't mentioned when choosing a school: FBS football. The real world sucks, doesn't it.

Indy brought up some decent points - yes - but that will have little to zero affect on NDSU's enrollment or especially USD, SDSU, UNI, etc.
    I'd wreck your Momma to win.

NDSU going FBS raises the entire perception of NDSU, especially nationwide... (and not the average 11th grader from bismarck I guess)
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    NDSU going FBS raises the entire perception of NDSU, especially nationwide... (and not the average 11th grader from bismarck I guess)
    Man that's funny.

But good luck to Cook.

Chapo as you know there are a ton of potential students worldwide.
    Was it Chapman or Bresciani who took the trip to India? Students there. Would think there's a plan.

Not enough worker problem in FM. Look back to 1995 war in Bosnia, people got out and many ended up in Fargo.
    One person's loss is another man's gain. Or
    When one person loses something another person gets it.
    There saying if the war in Ukraine lasts for awhile millions could leave and have to put roots down somewhere.

Roots- Alex Haley

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Things my kid didn't mentioned when choosing a school: FBS football. The real world sucks, doesn't it.

Indy brought up some decent points - yes - but that will have little to zero affect on NDSU's enrollment or especially USD, SDSU, UNI, etc.
    One student isa pretty small sample size. There are millions of students entering universities they year. A segment of them do consider to athletic environment of the school they are attending because they want to be a part of that. It is not a majority of them but it is a factor.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This is not a true statement. NDSU having success in football or men's basketball on a regular basis will raise the perception nationally. Being a dynasty in FCS has already raised the perception nationally.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    One student isa pretty small sample size. There are millions of students entering universities they year. A segment of them do consider to athletic environment of the school they are attending because they want to be a part of that. It is not a majority of them but it is a factor.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, for example "I wanna experience a Big10 school like Minnesota," but as you pointed out earlier NDSU going to the MW football conference won't move the meter for random students. It is still....uh...Fargo. More importantly, as noted in the post I responded to, it will have basically no affect on SDSU, USD or UNI.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post

There are also a number of them who discover NDSU’s existence through sports and get exposed to all the university offers. My daughter is attending NDSU next fall for nursing. She didn’t make that decision due to sports, but the fact that she has been on campus numerous times for sporting events damn well did have an impact in her feeling more comfortable making her choice. I would also state that if NDSU was still D2 or hadn’t had their success in football there is a very high likelihood that I wouldn’t have taken her to as many games because I as an alum wouldn’t have been as interested.

How about a 4.0 senior from Hoople?
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013