Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: 12/17 vs ORU

Default Re: 12/17 vs ORU

Only problem I had with the scuffle was Skunberg laughing it up and jawing in Mills face. Gotta be classier than their prick coach. Mills had nothing to bitch about since he wanted to extend a blowout by pressing and fowling. No idea why the ORU big guy was so pissed as it looked like he was the instigator in the original fracas. Guessing Skunberg doesn't play tomorrow night. Nelson just looked like he was trying to push the guy away as he was starting to come unglued.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Skunberg waving bye-bye to the jumble of ORU players/coaches as the 280 lb Lufile was getting tackled in front of him was a really bad look.... gotta agree there. In the words of Lou Brown from Major League he needs to knock that shit off.

These teams are very likely to meet again in the tournament semis in 2 weeks.
    Good lord put that game on ESPN.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Only problem I had with the scuffle was Skunberg laughing it up and jawing in Mills face. Gotta be classier than their prick coach. Mills had nothing to bitch about since he wanted to extend a blowout by pressing and fowling. No idea why the ORU big guy was so pissed as it looked like he was the instigator in the original fracas. Guessing Skunberg doesn't play tomorrow night. Nelson just looked like he was trying to push the guy away as he was starting to come unglued.
    Let me go down to campus and start shit talking a 19 year old and see who people think is the asshole.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Let me go down to campus and start shit talking a 19 year old and see who people think is the asshole.
    Yep, imagine the sides are flipped.

We lose by 20 on the road
    Play a terrible game
    Keep our starters in and foul down 18 while the other team is dribbling out the clock
    Our head coach has to be held back by his players yelling at the opposing coach
    Head coach continues to run his mouth to anyone with ears
    Other team is making fun of our team's little hissy fit the entire time
    One of our own players has to be tackled by another one of our players to stop him from trying to kill someone

Then I would be shocked and embarrassed. But it wasn't us actin a fool so I'd say we should feel no regret and be glad no one did anything stupid to escalate it further.

What happened, happened. All we did was stick up for ourselves, and apparently enjoy ourselves in the process. Now, if we would've come back with fists raised, that's different...
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Yep, imagine the sides are flipped.

We lose by 20 on the road
    Play a terrible game
    Keep our starters in and foul down 18 while the other team is dribbling out the clock
    Our head coach has to be held back by his players yelling at the opposing coach
    Head coach continues to run his mouth to anyone with ears
    Other team is making fun of our team's little hissy fit the entire time
    One of our own players has to be tackled by another one of our players to stop him from trying to kill someone

Then I would be shocked and embarrassed. But it wasn't us actin a fool so I'd say we should feel no regret and be glad no one did anything stupid to escalate it further.

What happened, happened. All we did was stick up for ourselves, and apparently enjoy ourselves in the process. Now, if we would've come back with fists raised, that's different...
    This post. All of It. Abso Fucking Lutely.

Some ORU fans logic is apparently it's entirely within good taste for a losing team to play till the final buzzer in a blow out but it's the team kicking ass that needs to dribble it out no matter what. Can't make that shit up.

Walked past the South Paw from Omaha on the way out of the arena last night. I peeked those calves.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Some ORU fans logic is apparently it's entirely within good taste for a losing team to play till the final buzzer in a blow out but it's the team kicking ass that needs to dribble it out no matter what. Can't make that shit up.

Walked past the South Paw from Omaha on the way out of the arena last night. I peeked those calves.
    Well we tried to dribble it out. They decided to foul down 18 with the shot clock off. That extended the game.

Then we got a steal and MHH tried to get away from the press but accidentally ended up next to the hoop. Oops?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Well we tried to dribble it out. They decided to foul down 18 with the shot clock off. That extended the game.

Then we got a steal and MHH tried to get away from the press but accidentally ended up next to the hoop. Oops?
    Agreed, it's hard logic to follow. I guess the Bison should have tried harder to stop ORU from fouling them in any way possible so long as it doesn't include dunking on their loser asses.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Both teams walked past each other, shaking hands, "good game." Richman circles back to half court, tells ORU coach "bushleague." Little man syndrome kicks in for ORU coach, he says "fuck you." Richman starts to walk away, ORU coach sinks deeper into little man syndrome, starts jawing at Skunberg. Players see the interaction and join in, finger pointing and name calling ensue. Both coaches should be suspended 1 game, ORU player #1 suspended at least 2 games, he threw a punch.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    ISNT IT FUNNY WE GET A DBAG HOCKEY GUY LEADING THE SUMMIT & NOW WE HAVE HANDSHAKE FIGHTS.... I keed
    i keed und...burp. I keed Mr fenton.Fenton.. lol
    Blaming a named, but not yet installed, commissioner for events at NDSU by NDSU and ORU. That's rich. Hope you didn't pull anything stretching that hard.

That said, when Fenton does have the conn I'd fully expect there will be a league office statement about the events on the website, even if it's "we're reviewing and will be announcing supplemental discipline when review is complete" by now. I'm finding nothing about the event at the Summit League website so far.

(Fenton takes over on April 11.)