Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: $586,651,144

Default Re: $586,651,144

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Rob Port is only anti-athletics when it's NDSU. He has two completely different standards: One for NDSU and one for UND. Joel Heitkamp is exactly the same way.

Example:

An actual athletic department at NDSU: CLOSE IT DOWN.
    A nickname for an athletic department at UND: ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL.

But, really, isn't Rob Port just anti-public universities? That just adds one more layer of stupidity to his nickname obsession. If a person is, say, anti-Nazi, they don't go after their youth corps swimming team in Bremen branch but ignore the track team at Frankfurt branch. But imagine if that same person went ballistic over the Hitler Youth's track team in Frankfurt changing their logo?
    Rob Port hates all North Dakota college sports teams, including UND. He's an ideologue. Sports aren't important in his mind and detract from the mission of colleges.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I don’t know. I think people can probably understand that it’s simultaneously possible ...
    You have more faith in people to process and think through than I have in the average person, just reacts to the last news story fed to them.

Now here's where I'll blow up my own prior post: That Provost email went out to NDSU campus (faculty, staff). Average Joe in Fargo, the last news they heard was the big number. Overall, it dampened campus (that already knew, so, remoistened?) but greater FM is more than likely unaffected by the Provost email.

Port and McFeely are two sides of the same coin. Both are just rabble-rousing for clicks.

How do I know?
    They seem to know exactly which "quarter" to drop into which "juke box" to get the music (clicks) to play.

Port's back to universities and athletics and look how he lit up in this thread.

Just read the article that you all were recently referencing. Wow. Does that clown actually get paid to write that garbage? One could easily find better writing in The Spectrum no?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Rob Port hates all North Dakota college sports teams, including UND. He's an ideologue. Sports aren't important in his mind and detract from the mission of colleges.
    So where are the articles criticizing the REA? There must be a dozen of him arguing for the Fighting Sioux nickname - which, I suppose, if you squinted could be seen as critical of UND, but, really, it's more of him taking a specific side in an internal UND debate more so than him being critical of UND's existence. Like I've posted before, that pro-nickname position is a weird one because on one hand, he is trying to say college athletics should be abolished but, on the other hand, that the nicknames and mascots associated with college athletics are incredibly important.

I'm sure that some posters remember when he came on Bisonville and was 100% pro-UND based on, what clearly was, a complete ignorance of the most basic facts about higher ed in North Dakota. I've not seen anything since then to change my assessment that he has one standard for UND and another for NDSU. In short, his problem with NDSU is that NDSU exists, while his problem with UND is that sometimes they do things that he doesn't agree with on a purely culture war level.

Then again, Port only shows up for me when I search for NDSU on Twitter so maybe he has changed. I would love to ignore him completely.
    Last edited by tony; 02-17-2022 at 02:13 PM.

Here's the accounting of y'all's drive:
    https://html.scribdassets.com/6cu6bj...7bdb12e5fb.jpg

What catches my eye is the $146M of pledges (not in hand yet) and $143M of revocable deferred commitments.

That's almost $290M (49%) of money is promised, but not yet delivered, of the $586M.

I'm not a fund-raising guy: Is that a normal ratio?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Here's the accounting of y'all's drive:
    https://html.scribdassets.com/6cu6bj...7bdb12e5fb.jpg

What catches my eye is the $146M of pledges (not in hand yet) and $143M of revocable deferred commitments.

That's almost $290M (49%) of money is promised, but not yet delivered, of the $586M.

I'm not a fund-raising guy: Is that a normal ratio?
    The first question about the figures you provided are the % different comparing a varying range of funds???
    I don't know, just asking.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    So where are the articles criticizing the REA? There must be a dozen of him arguing for the Fighting Sioux nickname - which, I suppose, if you squinted could be seen as critical of UND, but, really, it's more of him taking a specific side in an internal UND debate more so than him being critical of UND's existence. Like I've posted before, that pro-nickname position is a weird one because on one hand, he is trying to say college athletics should be abolished but, on the other hand, that the nicknames and mascots associated with college athletics are incredibly important.

I'm sure that some posters remember when he came on Bisonville and was 100% pro-UND based on, what clearly was, a complete ignorance of the most basic facts about higher ed in North Dakota. I've not seen anything since then to change my assessment that he has one standard for UND and another for NDSU. In short, his problem with NDSU is that NDSU exists, while his problem with UND is that sometimes they do things that he doesn't agree with on a purely culture war level.

Then again, Port only shows up for me when I search for NDSU on Twitter so maybe he has changed. I would love to ignore him completely.
    Maybe Port can explain why UND uses 2 million more of its general fund to support athletics than NDSU does?
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    You realize that the $41.9M includes the fundraising for the IPF, correct?
    I retract this comment. The $41.9M does not include the IPF because it's actually six full years of TM donations. That averages to $7M/year, which seems about right.

The athletics department, on the other hand, received $118.4M in donations over the six years. That's where the IPF donations were recorded. And I wouldn't be surprised if the last part of the SHAC fundraising is included as well; maybe the last $5M-$10M? It could also be pretty much all of the naming rights for all the facilities. I assume those are paid to NDSU over many years, so any payments made after 1/1/2016 would be counted, as well as everything left to pay as of 12/31/2021. Oh well, I'm curious, but not that curious.

Would be interesting to know if Port thinks that we should be consolidating a bunch of the smaller state schools? -

Alot of administration positions are duplicated at each location....seems like a lot of dollars that could be saved.