Thread: St thomas @ ndsu

dufferole is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default St thomas @ ndsu

Bison win 69 to 60. Hopkins led Bison scorers with 18 points.

Default Re: St thomas @ ndsu

Is Jory a tough coach? Strop and Deaton left the team. I thought he recruited well. Not sure what to make of this.

Good win, not a great look having two players leave during the season.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by dufferole View Post
    Is Jory a tough coach? Strop and Deaton left the team. I thought he recruited well. Not sure what to make of this.
    Deaton wasn’t getting much PT since she got a technical foul a few games back for taunting after she blocked an opponent’s shot. It’s too bad because she is athletic and that’s something this team lacks. Her problem was she played out of control at times and was prone to turnovers. Not sure about Strop? Sometimes players leave because they get tired of riding the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by dufferole View Post
    He is the coach we need.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Dom Izzo mentioned something was going to have to change after the last recruiting announcement.

2 seniors, plus new recruits put NDSU several over the available scholarships.

Not sure he saw this coming before the end of the season thoughtl

The games vs the SD schools still feel like a D2 team vs D1.
    I really applaud JC for trying to fix this.

These are very hard decisions with now some of these girls his own recruits who have left. I’m guessing Reneya H will come back for super sr year. Feels like they trying to add more scoring and height …balanced with what he’s got now. My guess is Emily B is gone too at the end of the year. It will also be interesting to see if Sophie O stays after big sis bailing out? Maybe some of these girls stick around as practice players??

MW had this thing so upside down that unfortunately some of these girls had to be used to bridge the gap to get the face of the program better.

What’s encouraging is JC is trying to steer this in the right direction by dealing with hurt feelings now with girls that probably will not elevate the program!! It feels like he had some Big Boy talks with these girls about playing time. I’m sure he’s mega disappointed they would not stick the season out.

It has a bit of the middle finger feel to it from the players.
    Very tough situation that I’m hoping will make NDSU better sooner rather then later.
    Last edited by NESDBison; 02-14-2022 at 02:30 AM.

Did Marie Olson bail? I had heard her knee didn't heal enough to play this year.