Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 2/10 @ wiu

Default Re: 2/10 @ wiu

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Classic richman team. Beginning of the year you wonder whether we even going to make the tournament now we're nearing the end and are in contention to be #2. Which will get us a favorable spot and we don't have to have SDSU until championship game and they've just had 2 "give them our best shot" games and we'll take them down and get a 15 or 16 seed... Stop me if you've heard this story.

Oddly in a way I've seen Chapo's point for a few years now. Richman is a far cry from Saul or Tim in style. That said Saul was 134-84 and Dave is 136-87 prior to this year. Saul benefited from a great NCAA win and was able to get a higher paying job from it. Not sure what Dave's ambitions are but his personality is not on level of Saul's or Tim where they were more extroverted and seemingly more engaging in interviews with media. Dave doesn't really have a wow factor game that he's won. Closest was when we gave Gonzaga a run for their money. Tim had Wisconsin and Marquette. Saul had one or two semi big ones plus Oklahoma in the tournament.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.
    Richman is the coach we deserve given the institutional support of the men's basketball program. Good by Summit League standards but below average by mid-major standards.

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Terrible charge call against Morgan.
    Watch the replay and ref on baseline was calling a flop.....He was right. Ref out top could not see if there was any contact from his spot on the court.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Richman is the coach we deserve given the institutional support of the men's basketball program. Good by Summit League standards but below average by mid-major standards.
    Quoting for truth
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Watch the replay and ref on baseline was calling a flop.....He was right. Ref out top could not see if there was any contact from his spot on the court.
    All these bullshit flops called as offensive fouls are really pissing me off this year.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Classic richman team. Beginning of the year you wonder whether we even going to make the tournament now we're nearing the end and are in contention to be #2. Which will get us a favorable spot and we don't have to have SDSU until championship game and they've just had 2 "give them our best shot" games and we'll take them down and get a 15 or 16 seed... Stop me if you've heard this story.

Oddly in a way I've seen Chapo's point for a few years now. Richman is a far cry from Saul or Tim in style. That said Saul was 134-84 and Dave is 136-87 prior to this year. Saul benefited from a great NCAA win and was able to get a higher paying job from it. Not sure what Dave's ambitions are but his personality is not on level of Saul's or Tim where they were more extroverted and seemingly more engaging in interviews with media. Dave doesn't really have a wow factor game that he's won. Closest was when we gave Gonzaga a run for their money. Tim had Wisconsin and Marquette. Saul had one or two semi big ones plus Oklahoma in the tournament.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.
    Good points

Richman and his staff have done a great job recruiting

Richman and his staff have done a good job of finding ways to win

Richman and his staff have not done a good job of developing their talent over the years

Richman and his staff have not done a good job of creating an offensive system that takes advantage of their talent

Richman and his staff have not done a good job of making game adjustments----remember they only worry about "US" not what other teams are doing to them that is successful

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    All these bullshit flops called as offensive fouls are really pissing me off this year.
    FLOPS suck---and thought get a warning once and than get a T (maybe just in HS)

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    FLOPS suck---and thought get a warning once and than get a T (maybe just in HS)
    The team gets a warning and then a T if it happens again.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Agreed. The announcers even seemed surprised and commented how their guy (floppy mcflopperson) had a reputation for flopping and was called for 2 flops in the previous game.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013