Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Season

Default 2022 Season

https://gobison.com/sports/baseball/schedule

There's the schedule. Play the Gophers, Nebraska, Miami in May I thought was interesting as OOC. Hope to see more games on ESPN+. The trip down to Florida is back early in the season.

I thought we were going to host the Summit League Tourney since we won it?

Default Re: 2022 Season

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    https://gobison.com/sports/baseball/schedule

There's the schedule. Play the Gophers, Nebraska, Miami in May I thought was interesting as OOC. Hope to see more games on ESPN+. The trip down to Florida is back early in the season.

I thought we were going to host the Summit League Tourney since we won it?
    IIRC, the host of the Summit tournament is the previous year's regular season champion.

533 In a row

well, i guess there's only one thing left to do...

freakin sdsu beat the gophers today. booo
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

ORU just beat the #2 team in USA. Ole miss. wow
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    ORU just beat the #2 team in USA. Ole miss. wow
    Big whoop .......eight years (or so) a go the Bison beat Arizona, who, later that spring, won the NC. In baseball , anything can happen.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Big whoop .......eight years (or so) a go the Bison beat Arizona, who, later that spring, won the NC. In baseball , anything can happen.
    Do some of the top teams let backups play in games like this because the W/L probably doesn't matter. They play so many games giving starters a day off isn't a bad thing. Very different from football or basketball.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Do some of the top teams let backups play in games like this because the W/L probably doesn't matter. They play so many games giving starters a day off isn't a bad thing. Very different from football or basketball.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    After some research, I found that the Bison beat the Wildcats in baseball in February of 2012, the same year the Wildcats won their last natty. I believe it was the opening weekend of the college season that year. The Bison actually won the series beating the Wildcats in game 1 (3-1) on Feb. 17th and game 3 (8 - 0) on Feb. 19th. I'm assuming that Coach Todd Brown played his top Bison lineup against the Wildcats. Coach Lopez of the Wildcats probably did the same although that is purely speculation. As far as playing substitutes, I'm sure all coaches would play as many as possible, especially in meaningless OOC games later in the season.

c

The Summit League conference schedule begins today for the Bison when they face Northern Colorado. I thought some of you might be interested in the statistical leaders for the Bison in a 12-8 non-conference prelim.

Batting Average: Calen Schwabe .347, Peter Brookshaw .318, Logan Williams .306: Team .279 Opponents .278
    Runs: Cadyn Schwabe 14, Peter Brookshaw 12, Brock Anderson 12: Team 112 Opponents 90
    Hits: Peter Brookshaw 21, Brock Anderson, 20, Jack Simonsen 20: Team 183 Opponents 180
    Doubles: Brock Anderson 7, Four tied with 3: Team 29 Opponents 35
    Triples: Calen Schwabe 1, Jack Simonsen 1: Team 2 Opponents 1
    Home Runs: Logan Williams 6, Hunter Koep 3, Logan Williams 3: Team 19 Opponents 15
    RBI: Peyer Brookshaw 18, Logan Williams 15, Jack Simonsen 12: Team 102 Opponents 82
    Total Bases: Logan Williams 34, Peter Brookshaw 33, Brock Anderson 33: 273 Opponents 262

Pitching: (At least 7 innings pitched)
    ERA: Jake Drew 0.00, Tristen Roehrich 2.37, Wyatt Nelson 2.89: Team 4.28 Opponents 5.08
    Innings Pitched: Cade Feeney 30.2, Max Loven 27.0, Evan Sankey 24.1: Team 164 Opponents 170
    Wins: Cade Feeney 3, Sankey, Loven, Roehrich 2 each
    Saves: Jake Drew 4, Tristen Roehrich 3, Skyler Riedinger 2
    Strikeouts: Cade Feeney 20, Tristen Roehrich 20, Max Loven 19: Team 130 Opponents 205
    Walks: Skyler Riedinger 11, Tristen Roehrich 11, Evan Sankey 8: Team 64 Opponents 92
    Damn, I'm Good!

Logan Williams has submitted his bid to be named Summit League Player of the Week with a great series at Greeley, batting .428 (6 for 14) with 3 HR and 11 RBI in the Bison sweep of Northern Colorado.
    Damn, I'm Good!