Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1/29 @ sdsu

Default 1/29 @ sdsu

Jackrabbits GameDay Notes

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sit...kota_State.pdf

South Dakota State has started Summit League play 8-0 for the first time in program history.
    - NET ranking has SDSU at 73 - NDSU 191

- Doesn’t look like a good matchup for the Bison. Glad they got the W in Vermillion, making this a decent road trip already. With NDSU switching style Defense, Jacks seem to easily get into the lane. Way too easily……

- With the Bison dropping off perimeter players to double-down on penetration, too many open looks outside for SDSU. Leading to……

- SDSU shoots the ball way to good

In Summit League play, SDSU ranks first in the following stats: field goal percentage (56.7), 3-point percentage (48.6), free-throw percentage (83.7) and points per game (89.0).
    Have to hope for an off-afternoon there. The Bison need to do well on their 3’s, maybe 40%+ to hang in there. Drawing some fouls would help, need to dribble & drive. Taking the ball at Wilson would be nice……get him in foul trouble. Otherwise he is quite the problem inside and will get his defender (Rocky?) in foul trouble.

Default Re: 1/29 @ sdsu

Matt Zimmer article on the game

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...230009013.html

Seeing the pictures in the article - Dentlinger setting a pick on Offense - reminds me - Is this the game where NDSU will start setting solid picks???
    Or will Rocky & Co continue to do their fly-by while hoping for an open 3 opportunity?
    Other coaches know this, including Coach Henderson, and have their defenders run around the fly-by pick. The opponent Rarely having to switch - a pet peeve of mine with NDSU’s offense. Lack of picks really hurts in crunch time and also when the shot clock is running down. The Bison haven’t had someone willing to set a solid pick since Tyler Witz, and he was just a role player.

Apple / Wilson dominated us in the paint , that can't happen again.

Richman better have a 2-3 zone & pack it low with Grant Rocky Streit & hope sdsu can't make their 3s
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Apple was huge for the Jacks in the 4 point loss in December. 20 points in 19 minutes 9-10 all in the paint! Defensively you have to make him go to his right.

We gave up like 50+ points in the paint last game. Need to do a better job. Frost is a tough place to win, especially when the Jacks are good. Best home record in the nation in the last decade and its not close. Think they have 7 home losses in the last ten years. I believe 2 of them are us. Hoping for a 3rd.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Holy fuck Rocky, 3 of 5 possessions just a statue on defense. Get your fuckin hands and body up!
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice

10 points all in the paint for the Jacks. Come on
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

is the ESPN Plus feed working for everybody?

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond2 View Post
    is the ESPN Plus feed working for everybody?
    No issues thus far
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice

Boden coming out party? letting him ball out 8 points

ndsu up 17- 16

rocky. wake up again

ndsu +6 1 half looking good
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?