Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1/22 Oral Roberts

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 1/22 Oral Roberts

Culhane quote on 1660 . . . “Eady does not have an additional year of eligibility. He’s done after this year”.

We’ll, that would be wrong. He’s the same as Griesel with eligibility. He may not choose to use it, ok, but at least know what you are talking about.

2017-18 Fr (Redshirt) - did not play
    2018-19 Fr (played)
    2019-20 So (played)
    2020-21 Jr (played)
    2021-22 Sr (playing)
    2022-23 Sr (extra year)

Sam . . .
    2018-19 Fr (played)
    2019-20 So (played)
    2020-21 Jr (played)
    2021-22 Sr (playing)
    2022-23 Sr (extra year)
    Last edited by Herd; 01-24-2022 at 05:28 PM.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Someone finally came to their senses . . . Dez played! We need him in the lineup, he does a lot of things well, and gets Sam some rest and/or off the ball. Handles it well, gets downhill to rack, rebounds, pushes. Play the kid!
    I'm starting to question----the player evaluation process of the coaches

Skunberg couldn't see the floor the first handful of games of year---now is our defensive stopper and starts (due to Grant being hurt)

Dez played lots last year----than had an off court issue---than doesn't play at ALL for multiple games---than plays 24 minutes at Oral Roberts

Guy splits time with DEZ to start year as bu pg---than grabs it----than game at OR...doesn't play at all

MHH---produces in limited minutes (with injuries to Grant and Morgan) and STILL gets limited minutes---yeah Richy we know not the defensive guy you want in every player---but what HE CAN DO---is score and create for others

I realize every CBB team has their main 5-6 guys and than guys 7-10 minutes fluctuate--but to NOT playing at ALL---to playing Tons---to playing...to Not at all....must be really frustrating as a player

Just hope their is good communication from coaching staff to explain to players why PT is all over the place for those players

Guess that is why we have seen lots of transfers

Are there issues with subbing between the staff? Usually an assistant is in charge with subbing. Seems last 3 years has been this way with weird subbing, lineups, constantly changing game by game even in February.

Culhane quote on 1660 . . . “Eady does not have an additional year of eligibility. He’s done after this year”.

We’ll, that would be wrong. He’s the same as Griesel with eligibility. He may not choose to use it, ok, but at least know what you are talking about.

2017-18 Fr (Redshirt) - did not play
    2018-19 Fr (played)
    2019-20 So (played)
    2020-21 Jr (played)
    2021-22 Sr (playing)
    2022-23 Sr (extra year)
    Culhane is make assumptions there and Eady is listed as a junior on the roster right now: https://gobison.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster

He also seemed to hint that he doesn't see Griesel coming back next year either. Although I think the size of the incoming recruiting class probably backs him up there.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Are there issues with subbing between the staff? Usually an assistant is in charge with subbing. Seems last 3 years has been this way with weird subbing, lineups, constantly changing game by game even in February.
    Sorry, but no assistant is in charge of who plays. They might track sub patterns to get people rest, but the assistants are not making play/no play decisions. That’s on the head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I was surprises to see him play since he has been riding the bench. Was he in the doghouse? hurt? or just because? Glad to see him out there. Played well too for minimal action the last couple of weeks.
    When does Nelson and Morgan come back?
    During the UMKC broadcast, their announcers said Dez had been limited with an injury. Take that for what it's worth coming from the opponent's broadcast crew.

Regardless, glad to see him getting minutes.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Culhane is make assumptions there and Eady is listed as a junior on the roster right now: https://gobison.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster

He also seemed to hint that he doesn't see Griesel coming back next year either. Although I think the size of the incoming recruiting class probably backs him up there.
    If I bet money on it, I would say Griesel and Eady not coming back. I do not have a great track record on betting though.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

Both Griesel and Eady have communicated that this is likely their last year. I’m just pointing out that both have an add’l year of eligibility. Culhane said Eady does not, and that would be wrong.

Kinda leads one to believe one or both might hit the portal when choosing grad schools.

Eligibility isn’t an area one makes assumptions about. Eligibility is black&white.

Sorry, but no assistant is in charge of who plays. They might track sub patterns to get people rest, but the assistants are not making play/no play decisions. That’s on the head coach.
    An assistant is in charge of subbing on probably most teams. That doesnt mean the HC doesnt have a big say. Same with defensive matchups.

I may have missed this but it appears that no one is taking in to account the possibility of the portal, that could cause any of the extra year etc to blow up.