Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Stony Brook, Save Athletic Program.

Default Re: Fire Stony Brook, Save Athletic Program.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    They only do it in November. 2-4 games so no more than 1 or 2 home games. The other 8-10 (likely 5-6 give games) would be Saturday.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    I think they had 3-4 weeks and there were numerous games . I actually enjoyed them.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I think they had 3-4 weeks and there were numerous games . I actually enjoyed them.
    Correct but some teams still played Saturdays some of those weeks. Not sure if there were byes also. I think there were 3 teams that only played 2 and 3 teams that played 4. The rest played 3.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Playing SHSU is a downgrade from UND....ok. I can buy SDSU and that might be about it, UNI maybe if they ever become relevant again or if a team like MSU/SIU/YSU/ISUR is having a strong season. Notice though only SDSU is a clear upgrade.
    JSU went 5-6 and didn't make the FCS playoffs, not even one of the top 24 teams.
    NMSU went 2-10 in FBS this year. 1 win over SC State from the MEAC. 1 FBS win over a horrible UMass team that lost to URI and Maine.
    FIU went 1-11 in FBS this year. That one win was over Long Island from the NEC. Zero FBS wins.

At least half the MVFC would demolish them. These teams are not good at football, not even FCS good.

CUSA just lost 9 teams. A couple more of them are still hoping (WKU, MTSU) to escape to the MAC or elsewhere. They probably won't be there in 2 or 3 years. What is left of CUSA is the dregs, teams that noone else wanted.
    Beating them will impress noone, and noone will be watching.

The MAC should be the bottom of what we consider for FBS.
    Last edited by BigHorns; 02-15-2022 at 04:41 AM.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    oh FFS. no one WANTS the Mac.

this is foolish talk. CUSA is better than the MAC.

but to get FBS you gotta take ANY FBS and we didn't do that!!

Mountain West Conference with 3 Power 5 games & 1 UNI/SDSU game would be SICK!!!
    The new CUSA is going to suck. Nobody cares about that league. It adds nothing to NDSU. In fact, you may be correct about the MAC because most people don't care about that league either.

MWC is the only answer. But good luck getting 3 P5 games.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    The new CUSA is going to suck. Nobody cares about that league. It adds nothing to NDSU. In fact, you may be correct about the MAC because most people don't care about that league either.

MWC is the only answer. But good luck getting 3 P5 games.
    but MWC might not expand for 3-5 years and NDSU being a FBS program is much easier to pick up than NDSU the FCS program. that's why i'm FBS at all costs, anywhere in 2022. Its a step ladder or stool.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

but MWC might not expand for 3-5 years and NDSU being a FBS program is much easier to pick up than NDSU the FCS program. that's why i'm FBS at all costs, anywhere in 2022. Its a step ladder or stool.
    At least in the case of CUSA, its more like a trapdoor or a chasm to hell.
    We might not survive 3-5 years in CUSA with no interesting games and being stuck on a Facebook page or FloSports paywall.
    Our brand and exposure would be greatly diminished.

Nobody in the new CUSA is going to be jumping to MWC. Those remaining are hoping for a MAC lifeline.

The move has to be whats best for NDSU. Making a move under those circumstances isnt whats best for NDSU. Its only good for your ego.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

sounds like the same broken record then.

MATT STONY BROOK LARSON ISN'T GOING TO PUSH NDSU PERIOD.
    He Doesn't want this gravy train to stop
    Sitting here doing nothing for 4-5 years is his plan and will continue to be his plan.
    that's obvious!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

The conference Chapo wants to join, at any cost. Let's go down with the ship!

https://twitter.com/thebirdpodcast/s...705263112?s=21

sounds like the same broken record then.

MATT STONY BROOK LARSON ISN'T GOING TO PUSH NDSU PERIOD.
    He Doesn't want this gravy train to stop
    Sitting here doing nothing for 4-5 years is his plan and will continue to be his plan.
    that's obvious!
    Speaking of broken records. Look in that mirror small time.