Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Stony Brook, Save Athletic Program.

Default Re: Fire Stony Brook, Save Athletic Program.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    200,000 in this FM Area. We can get 10% for f--- sake. a real AD should easily get 10% of their pop to goto a game!
    Yah all 200,000 people are bison fans probably 10% don't even know who the f NDSU is.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    It would be sold out. And it would be on TV. This is the problem. Some of you literally keep equating G5 FBS teams with the crap that is most of FCS. The quality of play isn't even close. Now, you might be fine with that garbage. But most of us aren't. And yes, we'd kill a Wednesday night to come see the Bison play even the lowest ranked FBS team in the country, whoever that is. Because it isn't FCS.
    I think you oversell Bison fans that show up at Fargodome on this aspect. So many from long distances. Going to be tough to get people from 3+ hours away to come midweek especially those with kids that are putting butts in seats. Case in point see below.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Zero chance a mid-week MAC game sells out. Well it'll be a sellout but the blue seats on TV would be 50/50 at best. I don''t care who the GD opponent is, I ain't driving from Bismarck for a mid-week game in a low level G5 conference just as I wouldn't for a MVFC game or even a B12 game. Breaking news, the world doesn't revolve around NDSU athletics as much as some of you would like it too.
    Not sure I'd drive from my workplace in Fargo to FD to try to meet up with family for a Wed game unless it was a P5 opponent... MAC opponent meh... MVFC opponent meh too by the way.

I have a few acres of beachfront property in Arizona if you think going MAC game would sell out wed night games for the next 5-10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Yah all 200,000 people are bison fans probably 10% don't even know who the f NDSU is.

I think you oversell Bison fans that show up at Fargodome on this aspect. So many from long distances. Going to be tough to get people from 3+ hours away to come midweek especially those with kids that are putting butts in seats. Case in point see below.

Not sure I'd drive from my workplace in Fargo to FD to try to meet up with family for a Wed game unless it was a P5 opponent... MAC opponent meh... MVFC opponent meh too by the way.

I have a few acres of beachfront property in Arizona if you think going MAC game would sell out wed night games for the next 5-10 years.
    Don’t know about any Wed games but what is the beachfront like? Sandy? Shallow? Nice view? …

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The MAC conference championship game this year at Ford field in Detroit between Kent St and Northern Illinois had an attendance of 10,300 fans! Big time College football!

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    The MAC conference championship game this year at Ford field in Detroit between Kent St and Northern Illinois had an attendance of 10,300 fans! Big time College football!
    Re: Dome—>There would be initial enthusiasm, and then Meh … same old, same old.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

oh FFS. no one WANTS the Mac.

this is foolish talk. CUSA is better than the MAC.

but to get FBS you gotta take ANY FBS and we didn't do that!!

Mountain West Conference with 3 Power 5 games & 1 UNI/SDSU game would be SICK!!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    The difference is we would be trading MVFC conference games for SHSU/JSU. Thats a downgrade compared to SDSU, UND, UNI, etc.
    Would anyone really want to trade MVFC for Southland? Other than the label, thats exactly what it would be.
    Playing SHSU is a downgrade from UND....ok. I can buy SDSU and that might be about it, UNI maybe if they ever become relevant again or if a team like MSU/SIU/YSU/ISUR is having a strong season. Notice though only SDSU is a clear upgrade.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

I think a weeknight game could be interesting, not a sellout but I could see the students being amped and a solid Fargo crowd. Would probably be the best atmosphere in MACtion history.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I think a weeknight game could be interesting, not a sellout but I could see the students being amped and a solid Fargo crowd. Would probably be the best atmosphere in MACtion history.
    I worked a game last year at a D3 school and the score was like 54-42. One of the guys working with us was a MAC official. He made a comment to me that this was high scoring like a MAC-tion game. As I looked to the 1000 people in the stands, I said, "yes, but we have more fans." He said, "you're not wrong." The announced crowd is usually much higher than butts in seats. The interest in those games at most schools is not much different than MVFC. The Bison likely have the highest attendance from day 1 and even with 10-12k on a Wednesday night be much bigger than most.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    A weeknight game? Teams in the MAC play multiple weeknight games every season.
    College football was intended to be played on saturdays!

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    A weeknight game? Teams in the MAC play multiple weeknight games every season.
    College football was intended to be played on saturdays!
    They only do it in November. 2-4 games so no more than 1 or 2 home games. The other 8-10 (likely 5-6 give games) would be Saturday.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk