Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Stony Brook, Save Athletic Program.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Fire Stony Brook, Save Athletic Program.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    And the Fargodome vote is 4 days away. I bet he doesnt communicate a word on NDSU Social Media, Website or email that the election is December 5th. Yes he can say their is an election but he cant take a stance on yes or no

Matt has built up his resume on fundraising but has failed on many small details. The small details collectively became a failure. Phelps hasnt done much either

Hey Matt if the dome vote fails, are you gonna raise 100 million to upgrade from your limited donor base?
    Fundraising is important, but the overall path of where NDSU athletics is heading doesn’t make sense to me. And I’m not alone. Matt has done a very poor job of selling his vision and the attendance and fan apathy are a result of that. If this vote fails, what is Matt and the NDSU ath. Dept. going to do to breath life back into Bison sports? A bigger tshirt cannon? Based on past history, I don’t have much confidence that anything significant will change. They’ll double down on what they’ve been doing and criticize fans for not liking it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    Fundraising is important, but the overall path of where NDSU athletics is heading doesn’t make sense to me. And I’m not alone. Matt has done a very poor job of selling his vision and the attendance and fan apathy are a result of that. If this vote fails, what is Matt and the NDSU ath. Dept. going to do to breath life back into Bison sports? A bigger tshirt cannon? Based on past history, I don’t have much confidence that anything significant will change. They’ll double down on what they’ve been doing and criticize fans for not liking it.
    So you are saying that if this measure passes it will breath life back in to the program??? I say putting a better product on the field and winning is the answer. Not more toilets.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    So you are saying that if this measure passes it will breath life back in to the program??? I say putting a better product on the field and winning is the answer. Not more toilets.
    So why has attendance been declining prior to this season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So why has attendance been declining prior to this season?

Covid was huge. We missed a fall season and the spring season was no help. Took the fire out and changed peoples priorities. IMO of course. In all the years Ive been going to games Ive never heard anyone say they werent going to a game because of toilets of too crowded corridors. Plus I think was some apathy after kicking everyones ass for so long. Think of how many people came and went away in that 12-13 year period. Plus you always have a certain amount of attrition thats built in to the business model. Toilets????? Nope.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Covid was huge. We missed a fall season and the spring season was no help. Took the fire out and changed peoples priorities. IMO of course. In all the years Ive been going to games Ive never heard anyone say they werent going to a game because of toilets of too crowded corridors. Plus I think was some apathy after kicking everyones ass for so long. Think of how many people came and went away in that 12-13 year period. Plus you always have a certain amount of attrition thats built in to the business model. Toilets????? Nope.
    In a healthy business model new replaces old. That wasn’t happening. Montana, Montana st., SDSU all went thru Covid too. Their atmosphere and attendance have been maintaining or growing. NDSU hasn’t. Does the dome expansion change that? Not sure. Matt Larson hasn’t done anything to change the trajectory.

In a healthy business model new replaces old. That wasn’t happening. Montana, Montana st., SDSU all went thru Covid too. Their atmosphere and attendance have been maintaining or growing. NDSU hasn’t. Does the dome expansion change that? Not sure. Matt Larson hasn’t done anything to change the trajectory.

You just made my point. Look at the product those teams have been putting on the field. We couldnt ride the wave forever and it was facilitated by covid which was bad timing. Shit happens.

You just made my point. Look at the product those teams have been putting on the field. We couldnt ride the wave forever and it was facilitated by covid which was bad timing. Shit happens.
    Our teams have been better than or as good as theirs every year since Covid. It’s not what’s on the field. This is the first year you could even remotely make that argument.

Our teams have been better than or as good as theirs every year since Covid. It’s not what’s on the field. This is the first year you could even remotely make that argument.

Thats according to you. I havent been comfortable with any team since covid. Last year we were not that good and were just plain lucky we got to the natty. There are a few of us who have complained about the play for a good 3-4 years now. Its just taken this long for others to see it also.

But you can blame it on toilets and too crowded.

Thats according to you. I havent been comfortable with any team since covid. Last year we were not that good and were just plain lucky we got to the natty. There are a few of us who have complained about the play for a good 3-4 years now. Its just taken this long for others to see it also.

But you can blame it on toilets and too crowded.
    I agree that the teams were below NDSU standards. Your claim was that those other three teams were putting better products on the field. Given the fact that we beat MSU, and Montana both since Covid, I think that’s not a valid argument. I haven’t blamed anything on toilets. I’ve put the blame squarely on Matt Larson. He is not a leader. I think he is paid to do more.

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Cool Re: Fire Stony Brook, Save Athletic Program.

I don't think we have to reduce the vote on Dec 5 to "toilets."

We can accept that the overwhelming problem of football and fan attendance and engagement is the quality and consistency of the team/coaching in all aspects including transfer portal but the fan crowding in corridors, time spent waiting in line to use the restroom, the lack of much variety in concessions as well as some of the GameDay experience and the pandemic also ALL contribute to some of the loss of interest in the football program. Just because someone can whip in and out of the bathroom in record time doesn't mean that OTHERS have not had a good experience with the amenities of the DOME. The people who run the DOME get PLENTY of feedback from all fans and guests of the FARGODOME, and one of the most commonly expressed MAJOR concerns is the lack of restrooms for women, crowding, lack of variety in concessions. I listen to those closest to the big picture of what is going on.

The vote on Tuesday is NOT focused exclusively on Bison football. It is a vote for fixing the problems of the FARGODOME facility which, in turn, will help Bison football as well as other tenants and users of the FARGODOME.

The issue of Matt Larsen is another story.

I don't look at things through a narrow scope. I look at the big picture. The 31-year-old DOME needs to be updated for the FANS/GUESTS. Not just a cosmetic facelift but a lot more. Some, however, may disagree about the need for a convention center but that is another topic.