Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Stony Brook, Save Athletic Program.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: Fire Stony Brook, Save Athletic Program.

Not even mentioning the large elephant in the room kneeling in teh corner eh.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    #1 Not getting us in the FBS for this CFP opportunity
    #2 Not getting us a new basketball coach, but extending in secret... leaving program in shambles (333rd ranked @ 1 point)
    #3 Now 3 playoff games with 10k-12k fans which is ridiculous... (see #1)
    #4 Some of our programs are really down, need to improve
    #5 Revenue down
    #6 Stale game atmosphere.. despite being 5 years too late on the beer
    #7 Fcs is literally 4-5 teams max and he cant see that
    Well, scuttlebutt on campus is that Cook really likes Larsen and listens to him, so you might be in for a bumpy ride....

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    Well, scuttlebutt on campus is that Cook really likes Larsen and listens to him, so you might be in for a bumpy ride....
    What does Cook think of Chapo?
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    What does Cook think of Chapo?
    He doesn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by The River View Post
    If I recall there was some debate in real time.
    This.... This .. This...
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

For (the most part) reasons other than what Lakes has mentioned, I’m thinking it’s time for ML to go, either by firing or him quickly shopping his resume.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    For (the most part) reasons other than what Lakes has mentioned, I’m thinking it’s time for ML to go, either by firing or him quickly shopping his resume.
    Why? Not saying you don’t have legitimate reasons or even that I don’t agree with you. It’s just that everyone I’ve talked to that feels that way are for the same reasons Chapo apparently wants him gone (FBS).

Of course these people articulated it with less yelling and drooling than our infamous friend here.

You’re not obligated to share, I’m just curious more than anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Matt has made some questionable decisions but he's also done some great things. His strength is fundraising and financial stuff. His weakness is engaging the fans and marketing.

Once the softball indoor hitting facility and Dacotah Field rennovations are complete, the focus will turn to the endowment fund. He wants to grow it by 50 million so we can fund all scholarships and let teammakers work on other projects. Its smart for sure

My concern is if we focus too much on the endowment fund, and don't have other projects that excite the fan base, support will erode in time. The endowment fund is massive but is going to have peaks and valleys. Some year when the market is weak, its going to break even or even lose some value. So it's not always going to be dependable

I think it would be cool to hit it hard for a year but have a vision or master plan beyond what we already have

Are we going to do something with NIL?

I love the idea of some sort of athletics village, like Title Town in Green Bay. Stuff like that makes the experience better

We have very little control over the dome but he could be a leader in stressing the importance of upgrades to improve fan experience. Club seats on the west side would be huge for big donors. Widening concourses and adding restroons would make the experience better. Cosmetic fixes would improve the perception of the dome. Especially the east side entrance and its ugly facade that looks like the worlds largest Mills Fleet farm

A new basketball arena is badly needed. The SHAC is decent for wrestling and WBB but it's mediocre for MBB. Sorry the SHAC isnt a 50 million dollar facility. The entire complex is 50 million and spent less than 10 million on the basketball arena. Its not a feasible project to fix. We either need something brand new where Dacotah Field sits or need to work with the dome. The FM Convention and visitors bureau wants a convention center attached to the dome and I assure you they will propose raising the hotel tax and bond it. What about going back to the original plan Gene Taylor wanted that had a basketball arena on the southeast of the dome, with NDSU paying for part of it?

Although its an epic improvement, even the new softball stadium is mickey mouse looking and lacks ammenities and character. It doesnt even have a video board. I guarantee it will be in the middle of the pack within 10 years.

Same is true of the new outdoor track. It just feels generic. Like it was purchased out of a mail order catelog

Same is true of the Shelly Ellig Indoor Track. The place is dark, feels like an industrial warehouse and it doesnt have a single window. It feels very D2 and aged quickly over 10 years

Basically if we take a "this is good enough" approach, we're going to fall behind much faster

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Dang me and CAS both see it, must mean something for you to post that....
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Dang me and CAS both see it, must mean something for you to post that....
    I’d like an “audience” with ML at Frisco tailgate. I know he and or his staff monitor BV. Derrick? You listening? I’d like TransAm Bison to be in the crowd (hint there). Pointed questions will be asked. Politics in the AD would be discussion point.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.