Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Stony Brook, Save Athletic Program.

Default Fire Stony Brook, Save Athletic Program.

basketball secret contract seals it, even though the FBS FOOTBALL debacle should of done it already.

The NOT having the balls to schedule FBS games fall of Covid season with Trey freakin Lance and 2nd round pick Dillon Radunz was another

the BLM/kneel down situation was dicey as well.

Riding Gene Taylor's coattails & holding the sail steady seemed like a good strategy for Matt/Todd for a few years.

IF NDSU is getting a new president, might as well let them pick a new AD.

Football - still winning titles (cept last year) BUT NEED TO BE FBS & these guys won't push for it.
    Attendance is down, interest is waning

Basketball - secret deal with a coach w ZERO P5 wins and a couple G5 wins, since NDSU beat Oklahoma in 2015 its gone downhill, a 16 seed, a play in game in ncca's, thats been it. fan attendance down, fan interest even more down. this should be a cash Cow with an exciting fast paced coach

girls BB - Abysmal, Jory had some flashes, but losing to UST & others this year doesn't bode well

Wrestling- in Big 12, but program could be much much better

Volleyball- love my girl JLO, but underachieving

Baseball - 1 good year into ncaa then coach bolts

Track - still very good, but Chinks in the armor.

softball- downward trend.

soccer awful and last coach quit on larson

Facilities - yes IPF good (but that's a done deal w slick as AD) future expansion talks with fargodome or NDSU own stadium is non existent.

Report Card. not good, getting worse. NDSU not being any closer to a FBS conference after 5 years is a joke
    Last edited by El_Chapo; 01-20-2022 at 04:08 AM.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Default Re: Fire Stony Brook, Save Athletic Program.

I would love to go to the Mountain West but Matt Larson isn't the guy to blame for that not happening. He's done everything he can for being in the FCS. His fundraising and facilities upgrades smoke Gene Taylor. Obviously GT set the stage for him but he has outperformed him as the AD. Matt even got beer in the SHAC. Now as far as basketball goes, I think the responsibility should fall on the basketball coaches.

Personally I think the attendance drop has more to do with the metal detectors and the Fargodome getting worse. Covid didn't help. Lack of good home games is a problem, but we would be favored vs every FCS team in the nation, including Montana State in non conference.

Where I think Matt Larson has failed the most is in fan engagement. Little details have really slipped.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I would love to go to the Mountain West but Matt Larson isn't the guy to blame for that not happening. He's done everything he can for being in the FCS. His fundraising and facilities upgrades smoke Gene Taylor. Obviously GT set the stage for him but he has outperformed him as the AD. Matt even got beer in the SHAC. Now as far as basketball goes, I think the responsibility should fall on the basketball coaches.

Personally I think the attendance drop has more to do with the metal detectors and the Fargodome getting worse. Covid didn't help. Lack of good home games is a problem, but we would be favored vs every FCS team in the nation, including Montana State in non conference.

Where I think Matt Larson has failed the most is in fan engagement. Little details have really slipped.
    I’m pretty sure it’s Larson’s responsibility to hire the basketball coaches. I guess I would put more blame on him for that then you’re willing to. I’d also be more critical of him with the state of football fan engagement/attendance. This didn’t happen overnight yet there has been very little that has changed in 5+ years. The sentiment that he has been content is very fair and makes the criticism of him very fair. I agree FCS/FBS is bigger than him. He needs to start upping his game.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    I’m pretty sure it’s Larson’s responsibility to hire the basketball coaches. I guess I would put more blame on him for that then you’re willing to. I’d also be more critical of him with the state of football fan engagement/attendance. This didn’t happen overnight yet there has been very little that has changed in 5+ years. The sentiment that he has been content is very fair and makes the criticism of him very fair. I agree FCS/FBS is bigger than him. He needs to start upping his game.
    Gene Taylor hired Dave but I think ML extended him. Jory has been the best basketball coach in the D1 era so far. Doesn't mean much but still

Fan engagement has been awful. More to the job than just fundraising

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Gene Taylor hired Dave but I think ML extended him. Jory has been the best basketball coach in the D1 era so far. Doesn't mean much but still

Fan engagement has been awful. More to the job than just fundraising
    Larsen has extended Dave twice. And the second time didn’t bother to tell anyone. He was hired to be the AD not the fundraising coordinator.

ndsu fanbase has become the softest milquetoasters around lately. is apathy that apparent that no one cares about these awful decisions.

we are STONY BROOK 2.0 with a better football team. pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    basketball secret contract seals it, even though the FBS FOOTBALL debacle should of done it already.

The NOT having the balls to schedule FBS games fall of Covid season with Trey freakin Lance and 2nd round pick Dillon Radunz was another

the BLM/kneel down situation was dicey as well.

Riding Gene Taylor's coattails & holding the sail steady seemed like a good strategy for Matt/Todd for a few years.

IF NDSU is getting a new president, might as well let them pick a new AD.

Football - still winning titles (cept last year) BUT NEED TO BE FBS & these guys won't push for it.
    Attendance is down, interest is waning

Basketball - secret deal with a coach w ZERO P5 wins and a couple G5 wins, since NDSU beat Oklahoma in 2015 its gone downhill, a 16 seed, a play in game in ncca's, thats been it. fan attendance down, fan interest even more down. this should be a cash Cow with an exciting fast paced coach

girls BB - Abysmal, Jory had some flashes, but losing to UST & others this year doesn't bode well

Wrestling- in Big 12, but program could be much much better

Volleyball- love my girl JLO, but underachieving

Baseball - 1 good year into ncaa then coach bolts

Track - still very good, but Chinks in the armor.

softball- downward trend.

Facilities - yes IPF good (but that's a done deal w slick as AD) future expansion talks with fargodome or NDSU own stadium is non existent.

Report Card. not good, getting worse. NDSU not being any closer to a FBS conference after 5 years is a joke
    You forgot women’s soccer. Stony Brook would be an upgrade as they’ve at least made the NCAA tourney a couple times in the past 5 years and can make their conference tourney. NDSU’s RPI would be dead last in Stony Brook’s conference. Previous coach with strong Mpls recruiting ties quit under Larson’s watch, so add another to the list.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Tonight's basketball loss can be pinned on mr stony brook as well. wow.

I would, just once, like to see some real journalism occur and have reporters question Matt Larson about some of these shortcomings you've listed. I don't care for Mike M's politics, but he's the only one who's come close to challenging NDSU's narratives.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

For the love of all things that are holy I hope the new president lets go of the stony.