Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Stony Brook, Save Athletic Program.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Fire Stony Brook, Save Athletic Program.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Odd how a nonconference game vs JSU or SHSU as an FCS team would amped up to 11 by some here but as a FBS conference game it is somehow not worthy of even being paid attention to.
    The difference is we would be trading MVFC conference games for SHSU/JSU. Thats a downgrade compared to SDSU, UND, UNI, etc.
    Would anyone really want to trade MVFC for Southland? Other than the label, thats exactly what it would be.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Fire Stony Brook, Save Athletic Progra

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    It would be sold out. But tailgating would be lower since most people wouldn't take a full day off of work. But it would be cool having a night tailgate for an espn game, so maybe fans would dig it
    Crazy post of the week! Congratulations!
    Many people plan their weekend around Saturday Bison games and travel to make the games. They are not taking off work to come down to Fargo on Wednesday night to see the Bison play teams like Kent State. Wow!
    Have you seen the MAC attendance numbers? 5000-6000 on some weeknight games! I’ve checked a few of them out on ESPN. Looked like flipping high school games.

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Crazy post of the week! Congratulations!
    Many people plan their weekend around Saturday Bison games and travel to make the games. They are not taking off work to come down to Fargo on Wednesday night to see the Bison play teams like Kent State. Wow!
    Have you seen the MAC attendance numbers? 5000-6000 on some weeknight games! I’ve checked a few of them out on ESPN. Looked like flipping high school games.
    It would be sold out. And it would be on TV. This is the problem. Some of you literally keep equating G5 FBS teams with the crap that is most of FCS. The quality of play isn't even close. Now, you might be fine with that garbage. But most of us aren't. And yes, we'd kill a Wednesday night to come see the Bison play even the lowest ranked FBS team in the country, whoever that is. Because it isn't FCS.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think you are all correct to a certain degree. A Wednesday night game would be sold out or at least close to it, mainly due to season ticket holders. However, actual butts in seats would be much, much less. Our family would continue to purchase season tickets but attending a Wednesday night game would be tough no matter if was an FBS opponent.

200,000 in this FM Area. We can get 10% for f--- sake. a real AD should easily get 10% of their pop to goto a game!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Default Re: Fire Stony Brook, Save Athletic Program.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    The difference is we would be trading MVFC conference games for SHSU/JSU. Thats a downgrade compared to SDSU, UND, UNI, etc.
    Would anyone really want to trade MVFC for Southland? Other than the label, thats exactly what it would be.
    Would also be trading Butler and Wagner for P5 games
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    It would be sold out. And it would be on TV. This is the problem. Some of you literally keep equating G5 FBS teams with the crap that is most of FCS. The quality of play isn't even close. Now, you might be fine with that garbage. But most of us aren't. And yes, we'd kill a Wednesday night to come see the Bison play even the lowest ranked FBS team in the country, whoever that is. Because it isn't FCS.
    Agreeing with crazy doesn’t make you right. It makes you crazy too.
    The quality of play? In the MAC? Just because the G5 is FBS doesn’t make them big time football. G5 is closer to FCS than it is P5. But....as a reward they get to play in obscure Bowl games in front of 12000 fans. Get a clue!

Quote Originally Posted by GRAFTONBISON View Post
    I think you are all correct to a certain degree. A Wednesday night game would be sold out or at least close to it, mainly due to season ticket holders. However, actual butts in seats would be much, much less. Our family would continue to purchase season tickets but attending a Wednesday night game would be tough no matter if was an FBS opponent.
    A Wednesday night game?? Your going to have multiple every year in the MAC. No thanks!

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    A Wednesday night game?? Your going to have multiple every year in the MAC. No thanks!
    I checked out of curiosity and the MAC teams had 2-4 midweek games in 2021 all in November. They all played 12 games. I have no idea how Bison fans will react to the games but I think it's safe to say it will be much better than any MAC schools. Very few of them get great crowds consistently for Saturday games. But they do occasionally get to host P5 schools. Ball State has hosted IU once in the last 10 years I believe.

A bad MAC school is better than a bad MVFC school. Whether or not fans get excited about the teams is unknown but the overall level of play will be better.

I think the biggest issue in the MAC is there is never a consistently good team. It seems to vary year to year and which team has the hot coach who gets poached by a P5 schools. This will make it harder to establish a consistent rival.

Regardless of MAC or MWC the Bison would continue to be successful and get more P5 games. They would have more losses than they have during this run but that could eventually happen in FCS as well. People under estimate how hard this has been regardless of how easy they have made it look. Could the next coach hire struggle? What happens when Kramer eventually leaves? What if they have a couple bad QB recruits in a row? If G5 I'm confident they will consistently pay in bowl games and many fans would attend regardless because it will be a fun event in a new city. The regular season will be better and your perspective of the postseason will need to be different. They are capable of having a Boise or UCF type program but it's not guaranteed.

Cincinnati was a different beast. They've been really good for several years and had an outstanding year this year. They are also in a major market with a strong following and in close proximity to some great high school football in Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Indiana. Chicago is only 5 hours away. They've recruited B1G caliber players from each of those states for years. It's also a very good school with a great academic reputation. We know friends who have sent kids there the past several years.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Zero chance a mid-week MAC game sells out. Well it'll be a sellout but the blue seats on TV would be 50/50 at best. I don''t care who the GD opponent is, I ain't driving from Bismarck for a mid-week game in a low level G5 conference just as I wouldn't for a MVFC game or even a B12 game. Breaking news, the world doesn't revolve around NDSU athletics as much as some of you would like it too.