Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Panel selects 5 Finalists for NDSU President

Default Re: Panel selects 5 Finalists for NDSU President

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Or, the fact that he has no animosity toward the school up north gives his position currency with people who may otherwise have their Kelly green and pink blinders on when it comes to certain issues.
    Along those same lines, it might be useful to have good intelligence on the day to day dealings of upper UND admin. Their personalities and priorities. Would make it easier to know how to craft proposals and programs in ways to avoid unnecessary problems, or to know to prepare for battle when those problems can't be avoided.

Something like how a major law firm that specializes in corporate and investment law might hire former SEC lawyers in order to better understand the personalities and general strategies of the SEC. At least until one of your nutbag clients threatens to fire your entire law firm because he hates the SEC that much. But that would never happen <coughElonMuskcough>.

Don't mind me, just woke up from a 16hr, Nyquil-induced coma.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Or, the fact that he has no animosity toward the school up north gives his position currency with people who may otherwise have their Kelly green and pink blinders on when it comes to certain issues.
    I'm with you. Plus, who cares? If the guy is the most qualified for the job, that's who I want. People generally want what's best for themselves and their org.

Being the Grand Poobah of the only FBS school in the state sounds better to me than holding back the my school because I used to work at the rival school.

Bo Schembechler was an assistant at Ohio State before going to Michigan. Enough said.
    College of Business Alumnus

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Bisonville sure could use a few more grand forks posters.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    .....only if you don't learn from it.....
    What if you could learn from the smartest ever. Maybe Chapo did.

Albert Einstein
    Hugh Everett
    Marie Curie
    Nicola Tesla

Hugh Everett not that familiar with him as the others. So I took a look at his work.
    He wrote studied-
    The Many Worlds of Quantum Mechanics. Incoherence Theory.
    I can only imagine what thoughts go thru his and the rest minds.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by PickedBess View Post
    What if you could learn from the smartest ever. Maybe Chapo did.

Albert Einstein
    Hugh Everett
    Marie Curie
    Nicola Tesla

Hugh Everett not that familiar with him as the others. So I took a look at his work.
    He wrote studied-
    The Many Worlds of Quantum Mechanics. Incoherence Theory.
    I can only imagine what thoughts go thru his and the rest minds.
    I didn't apply for the job bro

Lardsin must go!

Cmon ... Gotta be cook else ndsu athletics are toast...
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Down to 3 finalists to be interviewed by the BoHE: Cook, El_Rewini, and Holz-Clause. Interviews on Feb 23rd.

I'm bummed that Tidwell didn't make the cut. Hoping for Cook.
    Not good...

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Cmon ... Gotta be cook else ndsu athletics are toast...
    I agree. That's why the SBOHE is going to hire an anti sports President. It's all part of their secret master plan. None of these candidates are better than Breschani and I was critical of him and the declining enrollment

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm not sure why folks think Cook is more likely to take us to FBS than El-Rewini is. FBS opportunities are largely determined by factors beyond our control. If/when Boise leaves the MWC, that will create an opening we would be interested in.

The President's job is to lead the university and El-Rewini has a good track record on the academic side of things. I know we have a hatred for all things UND, but he may be able to accomplish more due to his connections. Any president wants the best for the university they lead. The idea they would sabotage athletics is just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    I'm not sure why folks think Cook is more likely to take us to FBS than El-Rewini is. FBS opportunities are largely determined by factors beyond our control. If/when Boise leaves the MWC, that will create an opening we would be interested in.

The President's job is to lead the university and El-Rewini has a good track record on the academic side of things. I know we have a hatred for all things UND, but he may be able to accomplish more due to his connections. Any president wants the best for the university they lead. The idea they would sabotage athletics is just silly.
    this guy hasn't met academia minds has he.

Cook was at Kansas. Kansas is Big 12 & huge basketball school that rubs off on every single person there. period.

the und guy probably will want d1 hockey & the female from Crookston. hahaha I can't finish that sentence, we'd be the laughingstock of all universities.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?