Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Panel selects 5 Finalists for NDSU President

Default Re: Panel selects 5 Finalists for NDSU President

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Based on this assessment I'm guessing Holz-Clause is an excellent candidate. Her resume is impressive having been at Iowa State, UConn, and Cal Poly, all excellent universities.

All of these candidates have impressive backgrounds. Good luck to all of them.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    But which ones are pro FBS?

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

gotts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'd just like to thank everyone for assembling a panel and not a committee.
    Golden Rules of Bisonville:
    Being self-aware is knowing your head is firmly planted up your ass
    Never let facts get in the way of a good argument

Surefire Successful Bisonville Conversation Starters: Move to FBS, Scream Yellow, Zipper Merge, Pickleball Championships, Transfer Portal, The Rainforest, Fire Vigen Save Season, Fargodome Expansion, Toxic Locker Rooms, Marlboro Matt, Veer Offense, Whale of a Game, Rainin' Bitches, Frisco Cruiser Bus, BYU Fan Voting, Frisco is biased towards NDSU

Where did Joe Chapman come from? Was he from an impressive school? I honestly don’t recall. What matter most are (1) vision, (2) passion for the cause (NDSU), and (3) relevant experience.

The experience of some of the candidates (i.e., where they have been and what they have done) would seem to offset some of the "issues" of appearance associated with where they currently reside professionally.

I do know that there are some very bright people with deep, deep passion for NDSU on the search committee, so I will defer to them instead of passing judgement based simply on where the candidates would be coming from.

I always felt that an appreciation for the higher-ed landscape in ND was sort of critical, but I suppose that can be learned in short order.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Cook or Tidwell!

El-Rawini wouldn't have gotten a callback from me. Once you've associated with UND, that's a no from me dawg.
    He probably made several rounds to make it to an in person interview.

If we're basing it off of a paragraph in a newspaper, Id say Cook looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Where did Joe Chapman come from? Was he from an impressive school? I honestly don’t recall. What matter most are (1) vision, (2) passion for the cause (NDSU), and (3) relevant experience.

The experience of some of the candidates (i.e., where they have been and what they have done) would seem to offset some of the "issues" of appearance associated with where they currently reside professionally.

I do know that there are some very bright people with deep, deep passion for NDSU on the search committee, so I will defer to them instead of passing judgement based simply on where the candidates would be coming from.

I always felt that an appreciation for the higher-ed landscape in ND was sort of critical, but I suppose that can be learned in short order.
    Pretty sure Chapman was provost at Montana State...

Ugh, at a headline level, this doesn't seem good. No, I haven't dug into their background and I'm sure they're all fine people. But this is a visibility / perception / leadership position, not a technical one.

I'd feel much better with a candidate from a major land grant that has a strong athletics focus. Too bad we don't already have someone like that.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Cook or Tidwell.

Mn lady, looks like a major lefty.
    Larson, out of her element here.
    El-No.

Looks like checking diversity boxes was top priority with list of 5. Where are candidates from Ok State, K-State, Nebraska, A&M. I liked cook’s Bio.

like I said, if these 5 were picked in order for the Kansas guy to waltz thru for coronation then I'm fine with that.

HOWEVER if this is AN ATTEMPETED SABATOGE oF NDSU by the state higher board of ed then we should burn bismarck/grand forks to the ground metaphorically.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Cook or Tidwell.

Mn lady, looks like a major lefty.
    Larson, out of her element here.
    El-No.

Looks like checking diversity boxes was top priority with list of 5. Where are candidates from Ok State, K-State, Nebraska, A&M. I liked cook’s Bio.
    Welcome to 2022, and hope for the “best”.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

An old wooden ship?

Lardsin must go!