Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Panel selects 5 Finalists for NDSU President

Default Re: Panel selects 5 Finalists for NDSU President

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Did I miss something on Eddie?? The Hillsboro HS legendary boys bball coach?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.
    I don’t know about any of that but I do know he was a legendary asshole in addition to coaching a bunch of high school basketball games.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I don’t know about any of that but I do know he was a legendary asshole in addition to coaching a bunch of high school basketball games.
    Why because he won a lot?
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

might as well delete the last 2 pages.

ndsu is screwed. it was a good run
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    Why because he won a lot?
    No. Because he treated people like shit.

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    No. Because he treated people like shit.
    So you guys have something in common?
    College of Business Alumnus

The woke generation wants to destroy more of what is great about America. Just give them more time as they are not done yet. What have they done that has really shown improvement?

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    The woke generation wants to destroy more of what is great about America. Just give them more time as they are not done yet. What have they done that has really shown improvement?
    Curious what you'd list that is great about America? And what things people are destroying.

99Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Probably means the very things that define America. Liberty, the constitution, the republic, personal responsibility, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by 99Bison View Post
    Probably means the very things that define America. Liberty, the constitution, the republic, personal responsibility, etc.
    I agree most of those things are under threat, just not from “wokeness” whatever that is.

Quote Originally Posted by 99Bison View Post
    Interesting list but was really more curious about what SD thought himself.

Personally one of the things I've always found that is great about America is our freedom to acknowledge our Nation's current and historical shortcomings while still being patriotic citizens who love their country. Whatever is meant by "wokeness" I'm sure it includes to some degree this precise sentiment, that we could have and can be better.