Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Panel selects 5 Finalists for NDSU President

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: Panel selects 5 Finalists for NDSU President

None of them really look fbs eh

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Cook or Tidwell.

Mn lady, looks like a major lefty.
    Larson, out of her element here.
    El-No.

Looks like checking diversity boxes was top priority with list of 5. Where are candidates from Ok State, K-State, Nebraska, A&M. I liked cook’s Bio.

Sure do miss the days when the list would fave been 5 mediocre white dudes.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I heard on the radio El-Rewini was on the committee that was swindled by Mark Kennedy. Stee-rike three, he's out!

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post

Sure do miss the days when the list would fave been 5 mediocre white dudes.
    I miss the days when the candidates were from the area they were running for. Also tired of minorities getting nominated just because. An upper midwest university doesn't need someone from Washington DC or California running it. They won't represent the majority Midwest values. The next NDSU president better be the candidate from Texas or Kansas or I will drop my support of the University. Total BS the 5 candidates only consist of 2 from the middle of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    I miss the days when the candidates were from the area they were running for. Also tired of minorities getting nominated just because. An upper midwest university doesn't need someone from Washington DC or California running it. They won't represent the majority Midwest values. The next NDSU president better be the candidate from Texas or Kansas or I will drop my support of the University. Total BS the 5 candidates only consist of 2 from the middle of the country.
    Tired of mediocre white dudes getting nominated just because.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Hansel is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Looks like Larson was a finalist at Mankato State last year but did not get the job.

https://www.nwmissourinews.com/news/...7e08ac52b.html

Holz-Clause spent a lot of time in Ag at Iowa State… and she and her husband apparently own a feedlot in Iowa

https://www.econ.iastate.edu/stories/mary-holz-clause

Tidwell interviewed at UTSA recently- it is curious why he left the presidency of UT-Tyler prior to having another job lined up.

I'm not gonna bother pretending I know what makes someone qualified to be a university president.

Hope whomever gets the job does a nice job. I dont care where they are from. I'd take a Somali pirate if they knew how to run the show effectively.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I'm not gonna bother pretending I know what makes someone qualified to be a university president.

Hope whomever gets the job does a nice job. I dont care where they are from. I'd take a Somali pirate if they knew how to run the show effectively.
    Agree! Competency, ability, and other successful metrics should carry the day. Hopefully that happens/works here.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.