Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Panel selects 5 Finalists for NDSU President

Default Panel selects 5 Finalists for NDSU President

https://www.inforum.com/news/north-d...ate-university

"The candidates include presidents, chancellors, vice chancellors and provosts:
    • David Cook, vice chancellor for public affairs and economic development, University of Kansas at Lawrence.
    • Hesham El-Rewini, provost and senior vice president of academic affairs, Marymount University in the Washington, D.C., area. He was the dean of the College of Engineering and Mines at the University of North Dakota until 2019.
    • Mary Holz-Clause, acting executive chancellor, University of Minnesota’s dual campus at Crookston and Morris.
    • Debra Larson, provost and vice president of academic affairs, California State University at Chico.
    • Michael Tidwell, immediate past president of the University of Texas at Tyler."

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Panel selects 5 Finalists for NDSU President

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    https://www.inforum.com/news/north-d...ate-university

"The candidates include presidents, chancellors, vice chancellors and provosts:
    • David Cook, vice chancellor for public affairs and economic development, University of Kansas at Lawrence.
    • Hesham El-Rewini, provost and senior vice president of academic affairs, Marymount University in the Washington, D.C., area. He was the dean of the College of Engineering and Mines at the University of North Dakota until 2019.
    • Mary Holz-Clause, acting executive chancellor, University of Minnesota’s dual campus at Crookston and Morris.
    • Debra Larson, provost and vice president of academic affairs, California State University at Chico.
    • Michael Tidwell, immediate past president of the University of Texas at Tyler."
    In the article they said they were from "flagship" universities. Duh Kay. This whole process is fricked up.

Quote Originally Posted by heckler View Post
    In the article they said they were from "flagship" universities. Duh Kay. This whole process is fricked up.
    "flagship universities, institutions with robust and growing research portfolios, and land grant institutions"

Who's the dipshit that just had to refrence UND as a flagship university? Because none of the other ones would come even close to being considered flagships.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    "flagship universities, institutions with robust and growing research portfolios, and land grant institutions"

Who's the dipshit that just had to refrence UND as a flagship university? Because none of the other ones would come even close to being considered flagships.
    Pretty sure the University of Kansas at Lawrence would qualify

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post

Ah yes, once again I read things too fast and replied even faster.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Cook or Tidwell!

El-Rawini wouldn't have gotten a callback from me. Once you've associated with UND, that's a no from me dawg.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post

Yep, about the only one. I would not count satellite campuses in that definition. I'd bet the Kansas person will have a solid shot due to that. We need another big athletics supporter to be hired. That would be my first question and why I would never get on this type of committee.

RIP NDSU this is f<kin pathetic

Mary Holz-Clause is a complete loon I've met her. holy crap! https://www.crk.umn.edu/profiles/mary-holz-clause
    dude from und? F that.
    U of Texas Tyler? huh?
    Chico Cal?? LOL WUT?

this ONLY thing I can think of is that they stacked the deck for David Cook to get it out of Kansas... and I'm fine with that I guess even though some professors of liberal arts were kinda out there. https://chancellor.ku.edu/david-cook

NDSU does not even compare with 4 of these shitty universities where the 4 candidates are from, ONLY Kansas. swing and a miss!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    RIP NDSU this is f<kin pathetic

Mary Holz-Clause is a complete loon I've met her. holy crap! https://www.crk.umn.edu/profiles/mary-holz-clause
    dude from und? F that.
    U of Texas Tyler? huh?
    Chico Cal?? LOL WUT?

this ONLY thing I can think of is that they stacked the deck for David Cook to get it out of Kansas... and I'm fine with that I guess even though some professors of liberal arts were kinda out there. https://chancellor.ku.edu/david-cook
    Based on this assessment I'm guessing Holz-Clause is an excellent candidate. Her resume is impressive having been at Iowa State, UConn, and Cal Poly, all excellent universities.

All of these candidates have impressive backgrounds. Good luck to all of them.

Hesham would probably be the best from the research prospective. I think he can build it to where we want to be. But I’m biased towards engineers so that’s why I’m leaning his way already.

Biggest question is why he left UND….