Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Panel selects 5 Finalists for NDSU President

Default Re: Panel selects 5 Finalists for NDSU President

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    I would imagine NDSU was contacted by CUSA. I’m not sure if there’d be more criticism of NDSU saying yes or no to CUSA. That’s a close call. The one thing you can bet on that a CUSA invite was an all sport invite, an not a football only.

I’d like to see a bville polls on “should NDSU accept an all sports invitation to CUSA” yes/no. I’d guess it would be 40% yes, 60% no. Just a guess.

If you want to get to the MWC, you might have to first take the CUSA route.
    I'm sure there would have been criticism for saying yes. But I believe it would have been drowned out by excitement at the prospect of going FBS. There is no excitement at staying put while other decent FCS schools make the move. Only depression.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I'm sure there would have been criticism for saying yes. But I believe it would have been drowned out by excitement at the prospect of going FBS. There is no excitement at staying put while other decent FCS schools make the move. Only depression.
    I’d be a go if MO State and IL State would jump on board. It would be tough to play the conf basketball tournament so far away, but it might be time to jump.

I’d say, win #10, get some MVFC support in place, then go. I don’t think the MWC invite ever comes unless we are in CUSA.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    I’d be a go if MO State and IL State would jump on board. It would be tough to play the conf basketball tournament so far away, but it might be time to jump.
    That would be cool. Problem is that CUSA's media deal is garbage right now.

But in the bigger picture, I expect it will play out much the same way it did when the Bison decided to jump from D2 to FCS.

I wasn’t around then, but I gather there was a significant chunk of the NDSU fanbase that couldn’t fathom the idea of leaving D2. I wonder how they feel now …

The one thing I see occurring over and over is people assuming that current rules and regulations will apply, but the whole thing is getting a major rebuild. I posted this in the FBS thread, but it is worth a read. Jacks AD essentially saying that there’s no need for a split - https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...434_story.html

The other thing I would expect to see come out of this is a set of clear and simple criteria for making the jump to FBS, since much of the emphasis appears to be on preventing future law suites (e.g., upstart FCS conference suing to move up to get a piece of playoff $$).

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    That would be cool. Problem is that CUSA's media deal is garbage right now.
    Wouldn't it be fun to see NDSU go to an FBS conference with a bad media deal and get a sweetheart deal where they get to create their own media deal?

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Back to the discussion of the 5 finalists. When is the decision to be made? Is there a chance that they would reject all finalists and re-post the job?

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Back to the discussion of the 5 finalists. When is the decision to be made? Is there a chance that they would reject all finalists and re-post the job?
    Guessing the NDUS won’t let them, but not sure

Your top candidate is up tomorrow, I believe

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    From the campus email: "Following the on-campus interviews, the search committee will recommend an unranked slate of finalists to the State Board of Higher Education. The board will conduct final interviews on the NDSU campus on Wednesday, February 23, 2022, with the selection of the next NDSU president announced thereafter. It is anticipated that the new NDSU president will assume office in June 2022."

Hard to imagine a situation where they'd bail...

There was lots of engineering talk in this thread a few pages back. This seems relevant:
    https://bismarcktribune.com/news/loc...home-top-story

Anyone have any thoughts on the open forum of today’s candidate?

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I’m guessing, in deference to some of the good things Larson has done, Cook would say “I want us to go FBS. Are you the guy that can make that happen?” If Larson says he can do it, he probably stays. If he says it can’t be done, he gets the boot. At least that’s how I hope it plays out. Or he gets the boot right away. That would be fine too.

Btw, The word from Matt Brown per a CSNbbs thread is that reliable sources say that NDSU was specifically solicited by CUSA and that we told them we don’t want any part of that. If true, unforgivable.
    If that is true Larsen needs to go back east.