Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Summit League moving to 10 team tournament format in 2023

Default Summit League moving to 10 team tournament format in 2023

Just got this from the Premier Center since I hold all session passes to Summit tourney. Have not seen an official announcement, but clearly coming:

Let me know if you can't see; had to make a picture and put in google photos.

Default Re: Summit League moving to 10 team tournament format in 2023

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    must spread rep....

This line about providing additional opportunities for our student athletes is getting thrown around a lot in the push to expand the FCS playoffs too. Personally I think it's bullshit but they know it will sell well to the general audience. Expanding things like this is about appeasing university presidents(and ADs) that don't truly value and support their athletics programs but want to claim they are successful at them AND $$$.

Hansel is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Is this to make it more difficult for SDSU to lose a #8 seed in the first round again?

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    This line about providing additional opportunities for our student athletes is getting thrown around a lot in the push to expand the FCS playoffs too. Personally I think it's bullshit but they know it will sell well to the general audience. Expanding things like this is about appeasing university presidents(and ADs) that don't truly value and support their athletics programs but want to claim they are successful at them AND $$$.
    Worst part is for those of us who buy all session passes; I don't the price per game goes down; they just tack on 4 more games to the price.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Worst part is for those of us who buy all session passes; I don't the price per game goes down; they just tack on 4 more games to the price.
    Totally and what value are those extra games?? Likely less than the cost increase.

Not sure what the big deal is. Ill take an additional day of conference tournament watching.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Not sure what the big deal is. Ill take an additional day of conference tournament watching.
    For me, the all session pass will go up in price substantially for 4 horse shit games.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    For me, the all session pass will go up in price substantially for 4 horse shit games.
    The 8vs 9 and 7 vs 10 will be better then 1 vs8 and 2 vs 7 so they are probably adding two better games for you
    Should they knock down the ncaa tourney to 16 teams for you as well so all games are high quality?
    TRUST THE PROCESS