Thread: 1/8 @ Omaha

Default 1/8 @ Omaha

Ndsu picks up the road win over omaha 71-67. Not a very good shooting day for the bison and turned it over way to much. The bigger news though is Grant Nelson injuring his knee late in the game. Was trying to chase down a player for a block at the rim and went down with what appeared to be no contact. Hopefully its not significant but it did not look great live.

Three Bison in double figures led by Rocky's 25. Eady had 14 and MHH with 10.

Default Re: 1/8 @ Omaha

Dave in the postgame mentions Grant will get evaluated back home but doesnt have a great gut feel on it.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Dave in the postgame mentions Grant will get evaluated back home but doesnt have a great gut feel on it.
    shit that is not good
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

4 points to Omaha??

Oral beat them by 45!!! #ButMarch
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I was double fistin' yesterday, watching the football game and this one. Here were my general thoughts...

-Biggest takeaway was that this team had only played 2 games in the last 2 and half weeks and hadn't played in 9 days and it showed. They were not bad on offense yesterday, just extremely rusty. Basketball is a rhythm game and they were just not in rhythm on the offensive end. From the start they were pounding it inside and getting a lot of good looks but just missing. Tyree was 1-8 from inside the arc and missed numerous shots in the paint that he normally makes. Guess my point is thought the offensive game plan was good and they got good looks...just could not finish and it looked like a lot of rust/lack of rhythm. Hopefully getting that out of the system will help at Denver tomorrow.

-That being said, they need to take better care of the ball. Again some of it was rust, but most of it was just being sloppy...have to value the ball more.

-The effort on defense and the boards is what saved them. They outrebounded Omaha by 10 and were very active on defense. That is their calling card and it won them the game yesterday.

-Nelson's injury looked bad. He went to jump and it looked like his leg just gave out. My guess is that he tore something in his knee and is out for the year.

-Maleeck will probably see a lot more minutes in his absence and they need him to play like he did yesterday. Far and away his best game of the season...10 points and 10 rebounds, but more importantly he was super active around the rim and bringing a ton of energy, which is when he is at his best. He had 5 offensive rebounds yesterday and challenged a lot more...he is going to need to bring that consistently moving forward.

-Good to see Rocky back to himself yesterday...he has had some bad nights recently, but last night he looked like himself.

-Closer than probably expected, but still a win on the road and the effort was good on both ends.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by fbmind View Post
    I was double fistin' yesterday, watching the football game and this one. Here were my general thoughts...

-Biggest takeaway was that this team had only played 2 games in the last 2 and half weeks and hadn't played in 9 days and it showed. They were not bad on offense yesterday, just extremely rusty. Basketball is a rhythm game and they were just not in rhythm on the offensive end. From the start they were pounding it inside and getting a lot of good looks but just missing. Tyree was 1-8 from inside the arc and missed numerous shots in the paint that he normally makes. Guess my point is thought the offensive game plan was good and they got good looks...just could not finish and it looked like a lot of rust/lack of rhythm. Hopefully getting that out of the system will help at Denver tomorrow.

-That being said, they need to take better care of the ball. Again some of it was rust, but most of it was just being sloppy...have to value the ball more.

-The effort on defense and the boards is what saved them. They outrebounded Omaha by 10 and were very active on defense. That is their calling card and it won them the game yesterday.

-Nelson's injury looked bad. He went to jump and it looked like his leg just gave out. My guess is that he tore something in his knee and is out for the year.

-Maleeck will probably see a lot more minutes in his absence and they need him to play like he did yesterday. Far and away his best game of the season...10 points and 10 rebounds, but more importantly he was super active around the rim and bringing a ton of energy, which is when he is at his best. He had 5 offensive rebounds yesterday and challenged a lot more...he is going to need to bring that consistently moving forward.

-Good to see Rocky back to himself yesterday...he has had some bad nights recently, but last night he looked like himself.

-Closer than probably expected, but still a win on the road and the effort was good on both ends.
    Any word on Grant?

We are an average Summit team right now. Keep telling me only March matters because if we do get in we will be a 16 seed. Defense is not good this year and weve been pretty sloppy with the ball

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    Any word on Grant?
    Not serious as first thought. Might be back in a couple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    Any word on Grant?
    While not dressed to play he seemed to be moving ok during warm ups assisting others. However when he was returning to the locker room he hobbled up the steps.