Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 FargoDome Turf Replacement

Default Re: 2022 FargoDome Turf Replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    This conversation proves that no matter what things happen, people will complain. There ia nothing wrong with this turf design. I mean, what are you looking at during the game? The actual play on the field; or if there is a “G” at the goalline, or lettering that you cant see under the players feet at the benches, or wishing the logo was 5 feet bigger. Cant please anyone. way to coCant wait for beer in the dome and people will find a mplain about the type of beer sold, what the beer glass looks like, and probably the hairstyle of the person selling the beer! Haha!!

You forgot that the beer was not cold enough, too flat or the long lines to get a beer.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Just to show you how dense you comment is, here is a list of customizations that you could make on your multi million dollar turf that you will see on television for the next 10 years:

Base color of the turf.
    Logo- Could use any one of the 4-5 that NDSU has
    Logo Size- I could have definitely gone bigger, some choose smaller (YSU)
    Font
    Endzone style- solid, striped, checkerboard etc
    Endzone font
    Endzone logos
    Endzone Color
    Conference Logo patches
    Adding or subtracting sponsor names on the field
    secondary logos near the 20 yd line
    Script near the benches
    Alternating field colors 5-10yd lins
    Script behind the endzones
    Script by the tunnel

With these variables there are literally thousands upon thousands of different possible variations. But not according to our AD. There was only one choice- no other options existed. It is impossible that a better version exists- just ask ML! He knows better than all of us about everything, just ask him!
    Have you ever looked at an aerial view of almost every college football field, sans Boise EWU or CA? They are identical to the new turf in the dome...other than the missing conference patch (which is foreshadowing in my opinion). They have a logo at mid field, the turf color is green, and they have endzones with one of the school colors and a font reflective of the one used in general by the athletic department.

To each their own, but I'd suggest enjoying the product on the field rather than worrying about the field.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    Have you ever looked at an aerial view of almost every college football field, sans Boise EWU or CA? They are identical to the new turf in the dome...other than the missing conference patch (which is foreshadowing in my opinion). They have a logo at mid field, the turf color is green, and they have endzones with one of the school colors and a font reflective of the one used in general by the athletic department.

To each their own, but I'd suggest enjoying the product on the field rather than worrying about the field.
    Was there ever a conference patch?

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Attachment 9957

Just an Idea at an alternate logo - whatcha think?
    I think a giant picture of Lakes should be on the middle of the field. I mean he started the Let's go Bison chant, Got beer to be sold in the dome. Pretty much started tailgating as we know it. Makes it rain bitches. Once he get's us in the FBS it should be a no brainer.
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Exactly - we have one of the best looking field around.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Only if it had a darker shade of yellow at midfield in the shape of North Dakota that looks like it's under a leaky roof like some other indoor stadium to the southeast.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    "Live from the Scream Yellow Gate City Bank Field at the Fargome..."

Everyone would love this design!!! No complaints whatsoever!

You can have some fun of your own at: https://www.shawsportsturf.com/resou...d-design-tool/
    It's OK to not be OK.

1. I'm not "worried' about the field. I never indicated I was worried about the field.
    2. My point isnt that our field is bad- its good! I just dont buy out of the thousands of different possibilities, that Matt Larson designed this field so perfectly that it cannot be questioned. Pretty rare that a school keeps their turf absolutely identical for 20 years in a row. In fact, I challenge you to find a school with artificial turf who has, or will have identical turf for 20 years in a row. I could be wrong, but I cant think of a single one.
    3. Saying that we should only worry about the on field product instead of other thing is as dense of comment as there is. Should we not worry about our facilities? our coaching? our recruiting, our media deals, our marketing, our uniforms, our brand? after all, none of those things are happening between the whistles! in fact, lets just blow up the fargodome and get rid of the turf altogether and play on dirt! The only thing that matters is the actual game! not silly things like the turf, stadium, and the overall brand of the program.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    Exactly - we have one of the best looking field around.
    Based on what metric? I think it looks fine, but what about our field distinguishes itself from other fields? I'm not challenging you, I'm actual curious what you believe NDSU has done to their field that you think its inherently better than other fields? If anything, you could argue NDSU's turf is the worst designed because of the two 30yd Gate City Bank logos.
    Just seems to me that you like it because its the turf of 'your' team and not because its actually better than anyone elses. feel free to prove me wrong by sharing what unique features you believe NDSU does that makes it "one of the best looking fields around"
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

1613177489406-292-109.jpg
    b44335a5-ca47-471f-950e-ee9a4131681f_1140x641.jpg
    CqBN67qUEAEqTnd.jpg
    download (1).jpg
    download (2).jpg

I cant even tell the difference between these turf designs? were these all of the same field?

FQPxElaXEAMglIO.jpg
    image3.jpg
    KBS_aerial_May2021.jpg
    turf-1.jpg
    Fdome turf.jpg

Corporate wants you to find the difference between these fields....

Btw, in this search that took 5 seconds, NONE, and I mean NONE of the "new turfs" were identical to the previous turf.
    Obviously not all changes are automatically good, but dont pretend that Im the crazy one because I was a little surprised NDSU didnt change anything when literally every single other program made noticeable tweaks when they got new turf.
    Marshall is installing new turf, and they had their fans vote on the final design. What a novel Idea! Seems like NDSU missed slam dunk opportunity for SM and fan engagement. Also, The original design could have been one of the options lol how is this a bad thing?

Having public input on the new design would have been great. I'm guessing there would be a way to not publicize some submissions like if someone requested Sioux Su--! in big bold letters.

FQPxElaXEAMglIO.jpg
    image3.jpg
    KBS_aerial_May2021.jpg
    turf-1.jpg
    Fdome turf.jpg

Corporate wants you to find the difference between these fields....

Btw, in this search that took 5 seconds, NONE, and I mean NONE of the "new turfs" were identical to the previous turf.
    Obviously not all changes are automatically good, but dont pretend that Im the crazy one because I was a little surprised NDSU didnt change anything when literally every single other program made noticeable tweaks when they got new turf.
    Marshall is installing new turf, and they had their fans vote on the final design. What a novel Idea! Seems like NDSU missed slam dunk opportunity for SM and fan engagement. Also, The original design could have been one of the options lol how is this a bad thing?
    It's OK to not be OK.