Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: 2022 FargoDome Turf Replacement

Default Re: 2022 FargoDome Turf Replacement

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Our AD is arguably doing better than Gene Taylor did. Thats not a slight on GT either
    Yeah, ADML gets a lot of misdirected blame/frustration but this is just a dumb post lol
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Our AD is arguably doing better than Gene Taylor did. Thats not a slight on GT either
    you 2 are cute LOL
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Found Matt Larsen's burner account.

Also none, and I mean literally none of the things you listed were not clearly in motion before ML got here. If a homeless person off the street were AD, all of these things would still have happened. The bubble was put up knowing that it was temporary- a stop gap until a real IPF was built. The Shac was already happening. and you cant claim that ML got beer at games as some sort of victory when they went kicking and screaming the whole way and got it done decades after our peers. lol. Youre acting like ML is a pioneer in the beer at football games arena, when NDSU is the definition of a late-adopter in the space.

In Baseball, theres a stat- wins above replacement. It indicates how much better a given player is than the average player at their position. It is my opinion, that ML is a 0.00 or lower. I believe that if you replace him with literally any other average AD in the county, we would be exactly where we are today, or better. I dont think we should be pleased with average. ML was given the keys to a Ferrari here, and he is driving 60Mph on the Autobahn

56 and his ilk believe that anyone with an NDSU logo on their polo cannot be questioned, they are god-like figures, that we should genuflect at their feet, and be grateful that they even allow fans at the games in the first place. I on the other hand, believe that they are human beings, funded by tax payers and donors, capable of making wise and unwise decisions alike. We should always question if the people in power could be doing better or not. But I see that is simply not allowed here lol. Repeat and believe- 'NDSU is always right and cannot be questioned. NDSU is always right and cannot be questioned'
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Found Matt Larsen's burner account.

Also none, and I mean literally none of the things you listed were not clearly in motion before ML got here. If a homeless person off the street were AD, all of these things would still have happened. The bubble was put up knowing that it was temporary- a stop gap until a real IPF was built. The Shac was already happening. and you cant claim that ML got beer at games as some sort of victory when they went kicking and screaming the whole way and got it done decades after our peers. lol. Youre acting like ML is a pioneer in the beer at football games arena, when NDSU is the definition of a late-adopter in the space.

In Baseball, theres a stat- wins above replacement. It indicates how much better a given player is than the average player at their position. It is my opinion, that ML is a 0.00 or lower. I believe that if you replace him with literally any other average AD in the county, we would be exactly where we are today, or better. I dont think we should be pleased with average. ML was given the keys to a Ferrari here, and he is driving 60Mph on the Autobahn

56 and his ilk believe that anyone with an NDSU logo on their polo cannot be questioned, they are god-like figures, that we should genuflect at their feet, and be grateful that they even allow fans at the games in the first place. I on the other hand, believe that they are human beings, funded by tax payers and donors, capable of making wise and unwise decisions alike. We should always question if the people in power could be doing better or not. But I see that is simply not allowed here lol. Repeat and believe- 'NDSU is always right and cannot be questioned. NDSU is always right and cannot be questioned'
    I think the mistake with this analogy is thinking that we’re on the autobahn when really we’re stuck in traffic on a crowded downtown grid.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Right. That's why I don't get the criticism that he's been given. I think the main thing is that Matt isn't quite as personable as Gene is...but that bar is so high that it is impossible to meet for most people.
    This observation has merit.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I think the mistake with this analogy is thinking that we’re on the autobahn when really we’re stuck in traffic on a crowded downtown grid.
    I'm not talking about going FBS here- because I agree with your crowded traffic analogy in that respect.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    I'm not talking about going FBS here- because I agree with your crowded traffic analogy in that respect.
    I’m not just talking about going FBS either.

FFD beer, expansion, etc: there are competing constituencies on campus, the fargo dome authority, the city council, the FPD…

university facilities also have to navigate the state board and the legislature.

We are a vetocracy. It is hard to get anything done.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    you 2 are cute LOL
    GT was really really good and a hall of famer and took us from D2 to D1. But people only remember the great times. They don't remember the 2007 (2nd place), 2008 (6-5, missed playoffs) and 2009 (sub 500) seasons. Even 2010 would be considered a disappointing by our current standards. They don't remember taking a decade to raise funds for the crappy Shac. Of course he started with very little and built us to a power and did some huge upgrades. But much like Klieman, ML took the program to the next level. Both are great. Without GT, ML wouldn't have had as much success.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

GT was really really good and a hall of famer and took us from D2 to D1. But people only remember the great times. They don't remember the 2007 (2nd place), 2008 (6-5, missed playoffs) and 2009 (sub 500) seasons. Even 2010 would be considered a disappointing by our current standards. They don't remember taking a decade to raise funds for the crappy Shac. Of course he started with very little and built us to a power and did some huge upgrades. But much like Klieman, ML took the program to the next level. Both are great. Without GT, ML wouldn't have had as much success.
    You're blaming those FB seasons on GT?

ML couldn't carry GT's jock strap!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    You're blaming those FB seasons on GT?

ML couldn't carry GT's jock strap!
    Well... the AD provides the coaches with resources. Bohl's assistants were underpaid and 3/4 of the coaching staff turned over. The facilities were weak, even in 2010. They had to practice on the 80's ice coated astroturf in a blizzard with no lights during the playoffs.

If Matt Larson went 3 straight years without making Frisco, he would be run out of town. Matt has 5 Natty's. (6 technically but I don't count his first year)

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com