Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 122

Thread: 2022 FargoDome Turf Replacement

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Secret bunker deep under REA, 58202
    Posts
    2,727

    Default Re: 2022 FargoDome Turf Replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    This conversation proves that no matter what things happen, people will complain.
    People complain if their free ice cream is too cold.
    ... and don't Amber Heard the bed.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,830

    Default Re: 2022 FargoDome Turf Replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    People complain if their free ice cream is too cold.
    Well...... it is hard to scoop out of the plastic containers....... just saying.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Secret bunker deep under REA, 58202
    Posts
    2,727

    Default Re: 2022 FargoDome Turf Replacement

    NDSU's new turf looks great.

    What's tough is when you take a photo including the stands it becomes a mess with too many primary colors (green and yellow field w/blue and red seating).

    ... and don't Amber Heard the bed.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Secret bunker deep under REA, 58202
    Posts
    2,727

    Default Re: 2022 FargoDome Turf Replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Well...... it is hard to scoop out of the plastic containers....... just saying.
    I'm sorry, did you get the plastic spoon or the wooden one? I know it was the wrong one, but which wrong one?
    ... and don't Amber Heard the bed.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,830

    Default Re: 2022 FargoDome Turf Replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    I'm sorry, did you get the plastic spoon or the wooden one? I know it was the wrong one, but which wrong one?
    The wooden ones are stronger of course; however, I don't like the taste of wood. The plastic ones break easily. So, that's two things to complain about.........actually three, if you count the aforementioned too cold ice cream.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    1 block from AG's house.
    Posts
    19,365

    Default Re: 2022 FargoDome Turf Replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    The wooden ones are stronger of course; however, I don't like the taste of wood. The plastic ones break easily. So, that's two things to complain about.........actually three, if you count the aforementioned too cold ice cream.
    If the dome does not get ice cream warmers (in the correct color), I am going to send a very strongly worded letter to ML.

    Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Secret bunker deep under REA, 58202
    Posts
    2,727

    Default Re: 2022 FargoDome Turf Replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    ... however, I don't like the taste of wood.
    Um, ... TWSS?
    ... and don't Amber Heard the bed.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Secret bunker deep under REA, 58202
    Posts
    2,727

    Default Re: 2022 FargoDome Turf Replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    The wooden ones are stronger of course; however, I don't like the taste of wood. The plastic ones break easily. So, that's two things to complain about.........actually three, if you count the aforementioned too cold ice cream.
    Four. You forgot getting it out of the plastic cup.

    And why ice cream and not frozen yogurt.
    ... and don't Amber Heard the bed.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,830

    Default Re: 2022 FargoDome Turf Replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    If the dome does not get ice cream warmers (in the correct color), I am going to send a very strongly worded letter to ML.
    Color of ice cream......five things to complain about, which pretty much covers the gamut regarding ice cream........good job, men. What's next??

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SoSoDak
    Posts
    938

    Default Re: 2022 FargoDome Turf Replacement

    [QUOTE=MankatoBison;1576645]1. I'm not "worried' about the field. I never indicated I was worried about the field.
    You listed like 25 different "options" NDSU "missed" on when designing the new turf. How is that not worried about the field?

    2. My point isnt that our field is bad- its good! I just dont buy out of the thousands of different possibilities, that Matt Larson designed this field so perfectly that it cannot be questioned. Pretty rare that a school keeps their turf absolutely identical for 20 years in a row. In fact, I challenge you to find a school with artificial turf who has, or will have identical turf for 20 years in a row. I could be wrong, but I cant think of a single one.
    Sure, it can be questioned. But why? Its field turf. I played on the old Fargodome turf - pre field turf days. Like when you had to avoid the wide stripe on the sideline bc it was like sliding on concrete. And Im sure some of the OGs that played on Dacotah can relate. So, is the design plain? Yes, just as plain as nearly every other college field sans the whackos with weird turf colors or SDSU/Tennessee with their checkered endzones. But its also state of the art and I'm sure the players appreciate that.
    3. Saying that we should only worry about the on field product instead of other thing is as dense of comment as there is. Should we not worry about our facilities? our coaching? our recruiting, our media deals, our marketing, our uniforms, our brand? after all, none of those things are happening between the whistles! in fact, lets just blow up the fargodome and get rid of the turf altogether and play on dirt! The only thing that matters is the actual game! not silly things like the turf, stadium, and the overall brand of the program.
    Aw, yes. I definitely said in this conversation to ONLY worry about the product on the field. Its gotta be tough to live in such a hyperbolic world, man. However, more to your point, Alabama has been wearing the same kits since Bear Bryant was coaching and the only differences over the years with Bryant-Denny stadium is that pics are now available in color. They do spend an astronomical amount of facilities, just as NDSU does in a scaled down version. This thread is about the field turf. I said I dont believe its a valid worry bc unless its unplayable (circa Towson natty) its a nonissue. There are threads about the coaches, the IPF, the recruiting, marketing, yada yada...those issues can be discussed in those threads.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •