Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: 2022 FargoDome Turf Replacement

Default Re: 2022 FargoDome Turf Replacement

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    The wooden ones are stronger of course; however, I don't like the taste of wood. The plastic ones break easily. So, that's two things to complain about.........actually three, if you count the aforementioned too cold ice cream.
    Or if they only have chocolate and you want vanilla.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Or if they only have chocolate and you want vanilla.
    giphy.jpg

1ochar.....

You listed like 25 different "options" NDSU "missed" on when designing the new turf. How is that not worried about the field?

[B]Sure, it can be questioned. But why?
    -----------------------
    I never said they missed on those features. Someone questioned whether it is even possible to improve our design and I simply listed things that are able to be customized on turf. Not that we missed on them.

My point is that in the thousands of possibilities, there are definitely a handful that would have been acceptable to our ADept, and they missed an opportunity for free press and fan engagement by not letting folks vote on it.

"sure it can be questioned but why?" lol. Did Matt Larsen write this? why question if things could be better, just accept the status quo! You would never say that about any other aspect of life.
    Could I be a better person, spouse and father? sure I could, but why?
    Could there be a better way of doing this task? sure, but who cares?
    Would lakes be happier not banging every grandma he meets? sure, but why?
    Could NDSU do more to appeal to recruits? sure, but why?
    Could we have used this opportunity to engage the fans while still getting new turf? sure we could, but why?

Every person should continually question if they can be better, are making the best decisions, doing the most they can to achieve their goals, help their neighbors etc.
    I also think that when youre dropping 10M (or whatever) on turf, you should make the most of the opportunity, and not just accept the status quo because its the most convenient

Status quo equals new IPF, new softball complex, new outdoor track complex, full cost of attendance for every scholarship athlete in the entire department, 35 percent increase in operating budget for the department, huge progress on endowment…

I think maybe you’ve got a solution in your head and you’re looking for a problem and I think it’s pretty clear that you’re barking up the wrong tree with this turf thing.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Status quo equals new IPF, new softball complex, new outdoor track complex, full cost of attendance for every scholarship athlete in the entire department, 35 percent increase in operating budget for the department, huge progress on endowment…

I think maybe you’ve got a solution in your head and you’re looking for a problem and I think it’s pretty clear that you’re barking up the wrong tree with this turf thing.
    We are building towards being ready to make the jump if needed. We've come so far since 2010 its mind blowing. You forgot to mention..

1) The SHAC and all the amenities that come with it (fueling station, weight room, academic center, medical facilities) plus the Indoor Track

2) Dacotah Field. Remember when the bleachers were rusty, the press box was boarded up with plywood and we had the old school astroturf with no lights. They are starting more upgrades soon

3) New Locker Rooms (getting new flooring this year)

4) New Coaching offices in the BBF

5) Softball indoor hitting facility will be starting soon

Then you have the Fargodome and Newman upgrades.

West side parking lot (remember the mud lot?), new video boards at the Dome. New turf. (Remember the 1980s turf?) New HD lighting for TV broadcasts. Remember when the games were in standard Def? New audio system. New flat-screen TVs in the concourse. (Remember the tube TVs lol) Improved vending. Remember when they didn't even take credit cards? In the next month or so they will be announcing upgrades and an expansion plan

Newman has gotten a new HD video board and a party deck and bleachers down the 3rd base line and a party deck on the 1st base line

Plus we now have alcohol at all sports

Not to mention we have played a game at Target Field and have one coming up at US Bank Stadium. And we're in the Big 12 in Wrestling

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Needs more pinwheel.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    We are building towards being ready to make the jump if needed. We've come so far since 2010 its mind blowing. You forgot to mention..

1) The SHAC and all the amenities that come with it (fueling station, weight room, academic center, medical facilities) plus the Indoor Track

2) Dacotah Field. Remember when the bleachers were rusty, the press box was boarded up with plywood and we had the old school astroturf with no lights. They are starting more upgrades soon

3) New Locker Rooms (getting new flooring this year)

4) New Coaching offices in the BBF

5) Softball indoor hitting facility will be starting soon

Then you have the Fargodome and Newman upgrades.

West side parking lot (remember the mud lot?), new video boards at the Dome. New turf. (Remember the 1980s turf?) New HD lighting for TV broadcasts. Remember when the games were in standard Def? New audio system. New flat-screen TVs in the concourse. (Remember the tube TVs lol) Improved vending. Remember when they didn't even take credit cards? In the next month or so they will be announcing upgrades and an expansion plan

Newman has gotten a new HD video board and a party deck and bleachers down the 3rd base line and a party deck on the 1st base line

Plus we now have alcohol at all sports

Not to mention we have played a game at Target Field and have one coming up at US Bank Stadium. And we're in the Big 12 in Wrestling
    Plus how many Millions did they raise?

And to think we keep getting told that the AD has been sitting on his hands and nobody was doing anything.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Plus how many Millions did they raise?

And to think we keep getting told that the AD has been sitting on his hands and nobody was doing anything.
    Our AD is arguably doing better than Gene Taylor did. Thats not a slight on GT either

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Our AD is arguably doing better than Gene Taylor did. Thats not a slight on GT either
    Right. That's why I don't get the criticism that he's been given. I think the main thing is that Matt isn't quite as personable as Gene is...but that bar is so high that it is impossible to meet for most people.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Right. That's why I don't get the criticism that he's been given. I think the main thing is that Matt isn't quite as personable as Gene is...but that bar is so high that it is impossible to meet for most people.
    The criticism comes because ML didnt do what a select few wanted him to do. The facts that have been presented show that a lot of lies were propagated about him.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."