Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who are the Bison's Rivals (Football and Basketball Survey)

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: Who are the Bison's Rivals (Football and Basketball Survey)

When did ndsu get basketball and why do those puds need to be mentioned in the football forum?

Basically any sec team for me.

Lardsin must go!

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    SDSU & ORU for Football & Basketball
    UNI for Football as well.

/End Thread
    I guess you could call someone your Rival in FCS football but in reality, NDSU has no peers in FCS Football There are no true football program that equals to the Bison against ANY FCS PROGRAM.

CASE IN POINT. -
    **(NDSU has been in FCS for some 11 years now and won 9 FCS National Championships and ripped through a playoff system that supposedly represents the BEST FCS HAS TO OFFER!!!)**
    Last edited by GSUsTALON; 01-14-2022 at 03:45 PM.
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

Quote Originally Posted by GSUsTALON View Post
    I guess you could call someone your Rival in FCS football but in reality, NDSU has no peers in FCS Football There are no true football program equals to the Bison against ANY FCS PROGRAM.

CASE IN POINT. -
    **(NDSU has been in FCS for some 11 years now and won 9 FCS National Championships and ripped through a playoff system that supposedly represents the BEST FCS HAS TO OFFER!!!)**
    Quote Originally Posted by GSUsTALON View Post
    I guess you could call someone your Rival in FCS football but in reality, NDSU has no peers in FCS Football There are no true football program equals to the Bison against ANY FCS PROGRAM.

CASE IN POINT. -
    I agree and disagree at the same time haha.

On one hand - I would say JMU is our rival in the sense that, the data shows, they are the only program in FCS that flat out said "we are going to invest in football at the same level OR MORE than NDSU" and then ACTUALLY DID IT.

SDSU is obviously more a rival in the traditional sense, but I think they are comfortable NOT winning titles, where as NDSU and JMU crawl out of their skin if they lose. In that way, I feel a rivalry with JMU too.

Theyre gone now so its just SDSU imo
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

You'd think JMU would list Colgate as a rival... purple gave up 67 points in their two playoff games.

NDSU played Colgate and another Patriot League team in the playoffs. Points given up: ZERO.

It’s a trick question, cuz there NDSU Bisons don’t exist.
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice

Quote Originally Posted by sportprof101 View Post
    Hello Bison Fans

Since 2014, we—the students and professors of the Know Rivalry Project—have been studying the effects of rivalries for sports in North America. Now we are expanding our research to the FCS and College Basketball. Please help us ensure that the NDSU Bisons are included by taking 10 minutes to complete our updated...
    Still waiting on the results of the Know Mascots Project

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Just an FYI, this survey is long and at one point toward the end it's going to ask you for your current zip code and the zip code of where you consider your childhood home... not sure that you have to answer the zip code questions.
    I always use ZIP code for a nearby city when signing up for different rewards programs or whatnot so most of them think I live in Moorhead or Baker.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Don't fill this out, it's just data mining

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

CAN NDSU REALLY HAVE A RIVAL???????

TALON - At 4-4 that's a good reason for them to be a rival! and I agree, I also would include, SDSU and JMU for a playoff rivalry.
    Even then NDSU stands head and shoulders above the rest of the FCS teams. You also have to take in consideration that the FCS has two seasons. The FCS conferences have their 12-game regular season where the conference teams know and play each other so that is an advantage for the teams playing the Bison during the regular season. These conference teams were chosen for SDSU to play -(the key word is chosen.)

The playoffs are your SECOND SEASON!
    You are then playing the BEST teams FCS has to offer because they PROVEN themselves during the regular season and you have no choice of what team you would like to schedule. Each week you play the winner from the week before and every playoff game the Bison win they have to play the winner from the week before. THen you reach the National Championship game and have to play the POVEN best that made it through the other bracket.

NDSU has been in the FCS some 11 years now.
    1. The NDSU BISON have made it through the playoffs 9 times against the best that FCS has to offer and won 9 FCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS in 11 years.
    2. As an FCS team you have many victories over P5 teams, more than any other FCS team. NDSU really has no peers in FCS.

QUESTION To NDSU BISON FANS.
    1. Who can your true rivals be when NDSU has overwhelmingly shown their superiority over all of FCS?
    2. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PRINT OUT THE FBS TEAMS YOU HAVE BEATEN AND LOST TO AND THOSE SCORES!
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison